Borderlands

Your comments on our articles.

Hybrid heaven?

Plenty of parallels could be made between Borderlands and fellow post-apocalyptic shooter, Fallout 3. But truth be told Gearbox's effort is more like World of Warcraft; mental loot, quests that involve killing things, and boss characters with stupid stats and even stupider names... But where Bethesda leans towards the RPG side of the hybridisation, Gearbox has definitely opted for more FPS.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Borderlands

Postby StonecoldMC » 21 Oct 2009, 16:02

Good score for a no doubt good Game.

Im going to have to pick this up at a later date though, even with all the delays there are still loads of Games i need to get. It will be :cry: or :D depending on my wallet at the time.
Last edited by StonecoldMC on 21 Oct 2009, 16:04, edited 1 time in total.
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 82
Global Moderator

Borderlands

Postby The_KFD_Case » 21 Oct 2009, 16:03

This sounds fantastic! I look forward to receiving my pre-order copy of "Borderlands" for the PC - it should help assuage some of the bitter disappointment at canceling my "MW2" pre-order. This game looks beautiful, seems fun and packs in two of my favourite genres in one. Lemme at it! :D
"Unfounded optimism is no worse than relentless pessimism."
The_KFD_Case 65

Re: Borderlands

Postby ricflair » 21 Oct 2009, 16:11

The_KFD_Case wrote:This sounds fantastic! I look forward to receiving my pre-order copy of "Borderlands" for the PC - it should help assuage some of the bitter disappointment at canceling my "MW2" pre-order. This game looks beautiful, seems fun and packs in two of my favourite genres in one. Lemme at it! :D

Why did you cancel MW2 KFD, because of the news from last week?

And forgot to say this game looks great, saw the video on IGN and I must say it wasn't really on my radar before that.
ricflair 78

Xbox Live: Ric Flair78
PSN ID: RicFlair78
Steam: RicFlair78
Battle.net: Wii U: RicFlair

Postby The_KFD_Case » 21 Oct 2009, 19:29

ricflair wrote:
The_KFD_Case wrote:This sounds fantastic! I look forward to receiving my pre-order copy of "Borderlands" for the PC - it should help assuage some of the bitter disappointment at canceling my "MW2" pre-order. This game looks beautiful, seems fun and packs in two of my favourite genres in one. Lemme at it! :D

And forgot to say this game looks great, saw the video on IGN and I must say it wasn't really on my radar before that.

Hi Ric.

I canceled my pre-order of "MW2" last night after reading through numerous posts, for and against, the petition. I had already signed the petition as an act of solidarity with the PC gamers scene and to show my dissatisfaction with IW/Activision. However, one post finally tipped the scales for me and I decided that despite being interested in "MW2" primarily for the single player campaign, the fundamental values at stake here outweigh my short term gaming desire. Many companies generally only recognize one type of vote - the money vote. They aren't democratic institutions and at the end of the day your influence only goes as far as your cash in that world (hence the power of stockholders, and at times customers too if they become organized enough and grow large enough). I may only be one "vote" or voice, yet I am one of many and when we speak out in unison the noise from the collective bellow becomes increasingly difficult to ignore by those who desire our money.

"Borderlands" does look bloody brilliant though, doesn't it?! :D
The_KFD_Case 65

Postby Buggs_17 » 21 Oct 2009, 19:35

Got it through the door today and im loving it. :D
Buggs_17 46

Postby ted1138 » 21 Oct 2009, 19:47

The_KFD_Case wrote:
ricflair wrote:

Hi Ric.

I canceled my pre-order of "MW2" last night after reading through numerous posts, for and against, the petition. I had already signed the petition as an act of solidarity with the PC gamers scene and to show my dissatisfaction with IW/Activision. However, one post finally tipped the scales for me and I decided that despite being interested in "MW2" primarily for the single player campaign, the fundamental values at stake here outweigh my short term gaming desire. Many companies generally only recognize one type of vote - the money vote. They aren't democratic institutions and at the end of the day your influence only goes as far as your cash in that world (hence the power of stockholders, and at times customers too if they become organized enough and grow large enough). I may only be one "vote" or voice, yet I am one of many and when we speak out in unison the noise from the collective bellow becomes increasingly difficult to ignore by those who desire our money.

FFS, would ye just get layed, or something..... :roll:
"People mistake the past for the present and they also mistake the present for the future"
Ken Levine
ted1138 61

Postby The_KFD_Case » 21 Oct 2009, 20:27

ted1138 wrote:
The_KFD_Case wrote:
ricflair wrote:

Hi Ric.

If you are content to buy the second-rate setup that IW offers with "MW2", then how does my stance interfere with that, Ted? Answer: It doesn't. Now please vacate your bitter self from my vicinity. Cheers.
The_KFD_Case 65

Postby The_KFD_Case » 21 Oct 2009, 20:40

Buggs_17 wrote:Got it through the door today and im loving it. :D

Ouh! I'm a bit envious. :) I'm eagerly awaiting my copy from ShopTo!
The_KFD_Case 65

Postby Chris W » 21 Oct 2009, 20:49

Well, it certainly looks like Microsoft is starting to get happy with the Ban hammer. More accounts/consoles are being banned for playing pre-release Borderlands - ah, it's so nice to read those! Seems, all the previews were very positive, so my only worry was that it would turn out like Hellgate, and get big hype that falls flat on it's face.
Chris W 70

Postby voodoo341 » 21 Oct 2009, 22:27

ted1138 wrote:
The_KFD_Case wrote:
ricflair wrote:

Hi Ric.

:lol:
voodoo341 75

Postby pRM8 » 21 Oct 2009, 22:39

I received my copy on monday and im thoroughly enjoying it. Ive only just levelled up into double figures due to extra hrs at work i picked up (which i wish i hadnt now...!) but its great fun.

I'd like to add that i havnt been banned... yet, though they did say if you have a legit copy then just play away.

If anyone wants some co-op fun with this on the 360 when you get the game, just add me on xbox live 8)
Avoiding Destruction Since 1982...
The CVG Player strikes again!
pRM8 61

Postby afterFran » 21 Oct 2009, 23:22

Why dont you guys just buy MW2 on the 360!? Saves all that messing around with PC's.. Borderlands looks awesome!
afterFran 22

Postby MPH » 22 Oct 2009, 08:19

My copy is in the post and will be delivered today!

WHOOP WHOOP! Hopefully I'll get to finish work early so I can get home to play it. Coming from Shopto too (using UKMail).
MPH 54

Postby WHERESMYMONKEY » 22 Oct 2009, 08:49

waiting for my copy in the post too. Should give me something to do while sony fix my PS3 which has stopped reading discs. One day fine, the next it won't read a thing. Seems to be a recurring problem with sony hardware, the bloody optical drives always fail.
Comedy. gaming. Lemmings? You do the math www.laserlemming.com
WHERESMYMONKEY 66

Postby The_KFD_Case » 22 Oct 2009, 11:02

afterFran wrote:Why dont you guys just buy MW2 on the 360!? Saves all that messing around with PC's.. Borderlands looks awesome!

It's certainly an option, however I personally tend to detest the clumsy controls for FPS games on console controllers compared to a keyboard and mouse setup. Sure, you can get used to them and after that some of them are quite good all things considered (ex. "Dead Space" and "GoW 2"), but if I can get a FPS for the PC I usually will. Besides, "MW2" will graphically look better on my PC than on my Xbox 360 although I'm confident both will look good. As mentioned, for me it's now about more than just the physical aspects of the game - there's more at stake now.
The_KFD_Case 65

Next