to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Force Unleashed's canon-killing DLC out

Your comments on our articles.

What if the bad guys won? For starters, Obi-Wan gets it...

The Force Unleashed's new DLC, which explores what would've happened in Star Wars if you killed and replaced Darth Vader, is now up for download on Xbox Live and PS3 (supposedly).... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby microhenry » 01 Sep 2009, 12:47

I really enjoyed the demo for FU but have been putting off getting this for a while. With 2 DLC packs it might warrant a purchase, would it be ridiculous if I felt I shouldn't pay more than £15?
I love the taste of Pikmin in the morning.

PSN/Steam: Mozz-eyes

[b]N64 is the [u]ONLY[/u] console[/b]
microhenry 48

Postby YCshinobi » 01 Sep 2009, 12:47

I read the Hoth section is only available in the Sith Edition of the game, and it won't be up for DLC.

I have yet to buy the game anyway, so the Sith Edition is what I'm going to buy.
Last edited by YCshinobi on 01 Sep 2009, 12:59, edited 1 time in total.
YCshinobi 65

Xbox Live: ycshinobi
PSN ID: ycshinobi
Wii Code: Wii U... YCshinobi
Steam: ycshinobi

Postby Soulman101 » 01 Sep 2009, 12:49

I was disappointed. A small battle in the cliffside against some jawas and tuskan raiders then a battle against a door.....a door?

Through to a small cutscene of jabba and then some battles through some of jabba's palace against boring enemies in some bland environments.

For me it seemed like it was just recreating the luke section of his visit to jabba with the trap and the rancor fight and it just all seemed to be over real quick.

I understand why they did it they thought people might want to see some familiar locations from the films but I'm sure more people would have preferred to visit mos eisley and have some battles in the streets against rebel soldiers on the way to the millenium falcon it would have been more exciting at least. Sorry but this update left me cold but at least his costume was quite cool.
Soulman101 27

Postby nottsville » 01 Sep 2009, 12:51

I'll wait 'till the special edition comes out. I want that exclusive Hoth level.
"Legends are fiction, kid. Someone tells it, someone else remembers, everyone passes it on"

http://thegamefreakblog.com
nottsville 62

Postby coolpro » 01 Sep 2009, 12:56

The worst bit HAS to be at the end ...

SPOLIER (FOR THOSE WHO CARE!)

A lightsaber fight with a force ghost!!

Come on ... there's cannon destroying & then cannon destroying! Please!

The DLC also completely resets your trophies on the ps3 version btw! PANTS!
coolpro 48

Postby AJDarkstar » 01 Sep 2009, 13:51

The Tatooine DLC is £7.99 on PSN, though I'm waiting for news as to whether the Hoth pack will be put on as DLC or require purchasing a new copy of the game (that I haven't seen listed on ANY site like Play or Amazon as yet). The price does seem rather steep though.
AJDarkstar 47

Xbox Live: A J Darkstar
PSN ID: AJDarkstar
Steam: AJDarkstar

Postby coolpro » 01 Sep 2009, 14:35

The Hoth level hasnt been confirmed as ONLY with the Sith Edition of the game.

At the end of the Tatooine DLC the next section is hinted at in a TBC kind of way so it would seem the Hoth DLC will be available to buy as an add on too ... Gamespot hints at a release date the same time as the Sith Edition.

However, at £7.99 a pop it may be better for people who dont own the game yet to wait for the Sith edition!

Either way it seems Mr Lucas is coping for mor cash hand over fist & now that the stories can be re-written completely he can pritty much do what he wants!
coolpro 48

Postby jazzy_p » 01 Sep 2009, 16:27

Canon killing...
that is just awesome...i can see it now..

Jabba is actually a sith lord
jazzy_p 47