Video: Force Unleashed's canon-destroying DLC

Your comments on our articles.

What would've happened if Darth Vader snuffed it?

Here's the first video of The Force Unleashed's new downloadable content, which adds levels exploring what would've happened if you killed and replaced Darth Vader.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Video: Force Unleashed's canon-destroying DLC

Postby Moribundman » 28 Jul 2009, 11:41

Must Buy? Ha. Only if you didn't buy it before, and how many Star Wars geeks does that demographic include?

Hmm. Well against common sense, I bought the skin packs and previous (good) DLC, and I'd like to buy the new one, but I'm extremely p**sed off that Lucasarts intend to make the Hoth bits exclusive to this release (ie. no DLC release planned).

Why TF would I buy this game again at full price? At least with something like Mass Effect or Burnout Paradise, they included extra goodies on a rerelease (and ME was budget price point). TFU is now £12 at CEX!

I suppose they'll release the "Rebellion Edition" in the autumn, where you play as the blue ghost of the apprentice and run round helping Luke, Han and co...
Moribundman 52

Xbox Live: Moribundman
PSN ID: Moribundman
Steam: Moribundman

Postby dwhlufc » 28 Jul 2009, 12:53

TFU was average at best,i wouldn't play it ever again.
dwhlufc 76

Postby Moribundman » 28 Jul 2009, 13:24

Well I'll be renting the "updated" version from Lovefilm to get the acheivements then putting it to bed I think...
Moribundman 52

Xbox Live: Moribundman
PSN ID: Moribundman
Steam: Moribundman

Postby The_KFD_Case » 28 Jul 2009, 16:03

TFU was an exercise in frustration for me. The dodgy camera angles when trying to jump across various chasms and the lame saving check points resulted in my ceassation of playing TFU just after getting past the giant robot golem on the junkyard planet. I haven't played it since and I'm not sure I ever will. Glad I bought it second hand and on the cheap.
"Unfounded optimism is no worse than relentless pessimism."
The_KFD_Case 65

Postby AJDarkstar » 28 Jul 2009, 22:22

This is DLC only. Even if a "special edition" version is released on disc with this included, the trailer just says "PlayStation Network" and "Xbox Live" at the end, indicating that everything in the trailer (Hoth level included) will be in the DLC.

Only place I've heard this ludicrous claim that Hoth will be exclusive to a new, disc-based version is on CVG. And this article doesn't even mention it at all!
AJDarkstar 47

Xbox Live: A J Darkstar
PSN ID: AJDarkstar
Steam: AJDarkstar

Postby bestgamer28 » 29 Jul 2009, 09:25

this is a must buy for me, sounds great
bestgamer28 12