to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

First Age of Conan expansion at GamesCom

Your comments on our articles.

"Surprises" and new features to be unveiled next month

Funcom is to unveil the first Age of Conan expansion at GamesCom in Germany next month.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

First Age of Conan expansion at GamesCom

Postby AJB123644 » 16 Jul 2009, 10:08

It may sound pretty bad but who actually plays this game anymore?

I trialed it and found it was awful. That said if the expansion could improve everything it may be worth trialing again.
AJ

Blog - www.ajb123644.blogspot.com

AJB123644 46

Postby Oneohfour » 16 Jul 2009, 13:36

This game was one of the biggest lets downs for me (along with hellgate, ohh the bitter memories), I really hope they can turn it around, I tried it again recently and although it was vastly improved in comparison to launch it still doesn't warrant the subscription fee. Damn shame as it is an excellent idea and looks the business.
Oneohfour 32

Postby NEOnburN9 » 16 Jul 2009, 13:37

Does anyone know if this will ever come out on the xbox360 like it was rumoured, and come to think of it where are all the other mmo's that were announced on xbox360? wasnt Turbine bringing one of them mmo's to 360, anyone know what it is yet?
NEOnburN9 49

Postby SunScramble » 16 Jul 2009, 14:57

My local "Head" store (on the site of what used to be Zavvi, using the same colour-scheme and typeset for it's logo) had literal piles of shrink-wrapped copies of Age of Conan going for £2.74 each, so I figured I'd give it a go.

For that price, it's not a bad game at all, but I'm not going to be extending my subscription past the free 30 days when there are so many better alternatives out there.
But Master, does not the fire need water too? (Heh-heh)
Does not the mountain need the storm?
Does not your scrotum need kicking?

(SunScramble@Playfire)
SunScramble 60

Postby ronin Ithikus » 16 Jul 2009, 17:42

I got this really cheap with a really cheap 60 day card. I was plesantly surprised by the game. Probably the best looking out there. PvE is good, no worse than any of the others I played. PvP though just comes down to ganking in the end and was the biggest let down. With the resent update which changed a fair few things the game is a lot better but not good enough for the high Sub in the end. If the Expansion brings a few surprises I might resubscribe for a little while.
ronin Ithikus 40

age of conan

Postby keiron69 » 16 Jul 2009, 19:43

I have played this game since launch. Previously I had tried a fair number of On line games including WOW/Guild wars/Everquest2 etc and to be absolutely honest I like this the best.Most of an MMO is combat and AOC is the best for this. Real motion capture/fatalities/directional attacking. Sure it needs more content definately but I get fed up of people rubbishing this game. And £10 for a sub is not that high either. I love it no matter what anyone else says and I think it's the best looking most adult MMO out there. Can't wait for the expansion!!
keiron69 11