to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Fight Night Round 4

Your comments on our articles.

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Fight Night Round 4

Postby thelazyone » 25 Jun 2009, 16:34

This or UFC???

I really cant decide!!
thelazyone 57

Xbox Live: HyperSinperPOW
PSN ID: Googie_1
Wii Code: WiiU- 2hathuddas

Fight Night Round 4

Postby thelazyone » 25 Jun 2009, 16:37

This or UFC???

I really cant decide!!
thelazyone 57

Fight Night Round 4

Postby thelazyone » 25 Jun 2009, 16:37

This or UFC???

I really cant decide!!
thelazyone 57

Postby Parky92 » 25 Jun 2009, 16:46

Loved the Fight Night Round 4 demo, I was just waiting to see what reviews were like and ive seen 2 9's so far so ill be purchasing this tomorrow :D
Parky92 31

Postby Black Mantis » 25 Jun 2009, 16:53

Can't wait to get into this. I hope Amazon don't let me down...
Black Mantis 67

Postby wiikii007 » 25 Jun 2009, 17:16

I can't seem to get to grips with the controll system on this game!!!!!!!! How on earth do people memorise how to do all the moves on this game?! And you also have to be so precise with it!
wiikii007 51

Postby Eclipse Dj » 25 Jun 2009, 17:34

The thing I like is that they made use of the one good feature from Facebreaker - being able to upload faces to your created characters. So you can really take on your friends and even add and create other boxers that aren't in the game.

Might create Chris (Cwiss) Eubank - "because one would very much enjoy the opportunity to knock him the f*** out" - I'm a Lover, Not a Fighter!
Eclipse Dj 49

Postby ei8hty5ive » 25 Jun 2009, 21:17

I am undecided on this one. I was left very disappointed with FN Round 3 (Hated the controls) but like the sound of this one, just hoping they have altered it enough to warrant a buy...
ei8hty5ive 34

Postby Skyliner » 25 Jun 2009, 22:17

Aweome. Cant wait to play this tomorrow. Loved round 3 and from what i've seen this is a nice step forward. Cant understand why people didn't like the stick controls, they were superb and felt very natural to me. I never used the buttons so dont care that they are gone. Definately looking forward to it.
Skyliner 11

Postby Black Mantis » 26 Jun 2009, 08:45

ei8hty5ive wrote:I am undecided on this one. I was left very disappointed with FN Round 3 (Hated the controls) but like the sound of this one, just hoping they have altered it enough to warrant a buy...

If you used the face buttons you're in for disappointment, as they made it stick only. Although they're apparently releasing a patch due to complaints.
Black Mantis 67

Postby Mark240473 » 26 Jun 2009, 09:27

Had an hour or so on this last night and it seems like a brilliant boxing sim. I spent most of that time creating my boxer and found it especially amusing to be able to scan my face using the camera.

I played my first amateur tournament and won it fairly convincingly with a knockout in the 3rd round of the semi.

You don't lose the skills. :wink:

Looking forward to getting stuck into the Legacy mode proper.

I may even kick your cheeks online, if anyone thinks they're 'ard enough. :)
This post was brought to you by SarkyMarky.
Mark240473 64

Xbox Live: BobozeTheBear
PSN ID: MarkyUK

Postby dannybuoy » 26 Jun 2009, 11:25

To all people who say graphics don't matter... this is proof that they very much do. Looks jaw dropping.
dannybuoy 36

Postby Vyvrtka » 26 Jun 2009, 11:25

I'm just waiting for my pre-ordered copy now. Loved the demo. The UFC demo pretty much bored me to be honest so I'm going with FNR4 (never played a Fight Night game before).
Vyvrtka 44

Postby steveseery » 29 Jun 2009, 11:16

great game ....here are some training tips

open sparring- jab. jab a lot and this one should be easy. if u see an opening then go ahead and lay a few hooks on ur partner but in general, focus on the jab and not getting hit

stay on your feet- same thing with a little extra attention on blocking and leaning. u get a big bonus for not getting knocked down but ive been floored 5 times and still got champion so dont worry if u do

heavy bag combos- this one is self explanatory and it really depends on how good u are with tpc. i didnt find it hard but thats just me. one tip that i can give anyone whos having trouble is to make sure u throw ur hooks right (body and upper). when u flick the stick to the side, make sure that it is exactly on the horizontal or a little above. if u are even the slightest bit under the horizontal, u will throw an uppercut. also, take ur time. u get more points for streaks with no mistakes and if u go super slow the entire time but make no mistakes, youll get champion

heavy bag push- this one got me for a while but some guy on gamefaqs gave a tip and it worked for me. wut u do is imagine your fighter throwing 2 or 3 hit combos at a time. in your head u should be like: 1-2-3, pause, 1-2, pause, 1-2-3, pause, etc. how long ur pause is is dependent on how fast ur reaction time is. just make sure u pause long enough to know that ur hitting the right part of the bag. using this method, if u hit the wrong part, u will only hit it once and youll immediately hit the right part so that the bag moves forward again. i used all hooks with this exercise, too. it moves the bag more i think

double end bag- the 2nd hardest game. just make sure u think before u move. if u move in the wrong direction then switch directions, youre screwed. try to get perfect on this. sounds really bad but if u take a second to think before u move, youll make it on time to land a punch. i threw all body hooks on this one. if ur target is far, throw 1 punch. if its medium, throw 2. if its right next to where ur standing, throw 3

maize bag- not that hard if u kno wut to do. wait for the bag to cross the middle then weave twice. if ur fast, weave three times but u dont hav to. when it says punch, make sure the bag is not in the center cus ur body might hit it. i always threw right body hooks cus it was easiest for me. overall, just take ur time cus if u go slow but make no mistakes, youll get it easily. u could prolly make 1 mistake and still get it
steveseery 35

Postby fitterthanmost » 30 Jun 2009, 00:24

"Want to relive the experience of clobbering Tyson for his crimes?"
Grow up CVG!!
**REVENGE IS A DISH BEST SERVED WITH SALT**
fitterthanmost 33

Xbox Live: LONDONVILLAN

Next