Elder Scrolls games on Steam

Your comments on our articles.

Oblivion and Morrowind on digi download service

Bethesda's put a load of (old) games on Valve's Steam service, including Elder Scrolls instalments Oblivion and Morrowind.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Elder Scrolls games on Steam

Postby humorguy » 18 Jun 2009, 13:54

Why the free advertising for STEAM? It is, after all, just another retailer! Why not tell us what Play.com are up to?Or that GOG.com now has Beyond Good and Evil available? Why free advertising for STEAM over other web retailers?! I am surprised you haven't been taken to court!

Enough with the announcements every time STEAM adds new titles! Let them advertise the old fashioned way - after all don't you need the revenues desperately at the moment?!
humorguy 47

Postby jubbgi01 » 18 Jun 2009, 14:26

Why take the effort to whine about it? I'm glad they posted it as I'm going to download morrowind when I get home.
jubbgi01 52

Xbox Live: Garethj
PSN ID: swimthefish
Steam: jubbi

Postby RandyChimp » 18 Jun 2009, 15:30

f**k off. When you have some news about the Elder Scrolls 5, then tell us about The Elder Scrolls series. Till then, stop telling us knews about games that are at least 2 years old!
RandyChimp 38

PSN ID: RandyChimp

Re: Elder Scrolls games on Steam

Postby dark_gamer » 18 Jun 2009, 18:39

humorguy wrote:I am surprised you haven't been taken to court!

Why in the hell would they be taken to court over this? :?
Gamertag: Racxie
PSN ID: Racxie
dark_gamer 53

Postby humorguy » 18 Jun 2009, 18:57

Dark_Gamer, suppose you were a web retailer having to spend £3000 a month advertising in magazines like PC Zone and other standard advertising. How would you feel that PC Zone always tells you what's new on STEAM, that you can go an BUY! STEAM is not a games publisher, it is a retailer.

STEAM save money by not having to advertise and yet thy change the rules so that an American pays $30 for something and a UK purchaser £30!

It is a retailer. It is a corporate entity. It is not a publisher.

If I were a web retailer I would send 3 press releases over 3 months, and if no coverage for my web retailer while STEAM got coverage, I would sue and I would win.
humorguy 47

Postby ding333 » 18 Jun 2009, 23:07

humorguy, by your logic every retailer could sue cvg and they would go bankrupt because of it. That is not going to happen. They simply informed everyone who may not have got the amazing elder scrolls a few years ago because tehy were to expensive and they have informed us that steam is selling it cheaply.

Furthermore, as long as they dont say anywhere else specifically is worse for a non factual reason or claim that it is the cheapest they can do what they want.
ding333 27

Postby humorguy » 20 Jun 2009, 10:03

Ding333, they didn't tell gamers who years ago didn't get Beyond Good and Evil that GOG.com added it to it's roster.

Tell me the difference?
humorguy 47