to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

World at War Map Pack 2 tomorrow

Your comments on our articles.

New Zombie Swamp level revealed inside

Treyarch community manager Josh Olin has confirmed via Twitter that the Call of Duty: World at War Map Pack 2 will be out tomorrow (Thursday, June 11).... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

World at War Map Pack 2 tomorrow

Postby svd_grasshopper » 10 Jun 2009, 11:42

what a joke. DLC to a game doesnt even relate to it.

this mini game is more popular than the actual game itself. thats all we need to know about the tired WWII settings.

MW2 wont need gimmicks to pull people in. hope to god treyarch (activision) abandon WWII next time around. liked it when the IW guy said 'dont use our name to promote your game - you have other cool stuff of your own - like the excellent nazi zombies.' there was no eye rolling smiley but he meant it like that.

bad enough the ripped the engine 1 for 1 with no modifications. then they create zombies in a world war game.

IW had slack to create a fresh game, treyarch get told to tred the same old tired ground. with this success they will probably get put on a L4D rip off next time. id prefer that.
svd_grasshopper 62

Postby JuDDa » 10 Jun 2009, 12:13

FFS Why comment on something you obviously have no interest in playing?? Nazi Zombies is what it is, a fun extra thats proved very popular.
Who gives a flying f**k if its zombies in a WWII setting!
You Modern Warfare pricks spout on about realism but all i want is to be entertained. Realism.. meh. I cant remember my grandad recalling war stories where after getting a number of succesfull kills he got given permission to call in a uav or an airstrike, or gettin perks that improved his abilities on the battlefield. Nope cant recall that. Go watch the fuckin history channel if you want realism.
JuDDa 56

Xbox Live: Vanguard Kaiser
PSN ID: VanguardKaiser
Steam: Lone.Gunman

Postby thedogspollocks » 10 Jun 2009, 12:18

your starting to sound like a brokens record.. get over it.. move on with your life.
thedogspollocks 31

PSN ID: thedogspollocks

Postby silversun_111 » 10 Jun 2009, 12:24

SVD.How about you go play a few games instead of being on here every second making slimy comments on games you have no interest in. Im sure you do enjoy pissing people off because kids like you get there kicks from it so i wont waste anytime in sayinf shut the f**k up.PLAY NICE KIDS
silversun_111 55

Xbox Live: silversun111
PSN ID: silversun111

Postby svd_grasshopper » 10 Jun 2009, 12:35

silversun_111 wrote:SVD.How about you go play a few games instead of being on here every second making slimy comments on games you have no interest in. Im sure you do enjoy pissing people off because kids like you get there kicks from it so i wont waste anytime in sayinf shut the f**k up.PLAY NICE KIDS

im at work. nice to see you on your summer break though.

plus i OWN world at war. i can comment on it if i like. WWII had f**k all to do with zombies. if your idiot mind is pleased and entertained by that good for you. ignorance is bliss. apply that elsewhere and ignore my statements about your beloved zombie mini game. calling them 'nazi' zombies is a pathetic weak link for an excuse to beef up their shady game.
svd_grasshopper 62

Postby ffcoppolla » 10 Jun 2009, 12:45

svd_grasshopper wrote:
silversun_111 wrote:SVD.How about you go play a few games instead of being on here every second making slimy comments on games you have no interest in. Im sure you do enjoy pissing people off because kids like you get there kicks from it so i wont waste anytime in sayinf shut the f**k up.PLAY NICE KIDS

im at work. nice to see you on your summer break though.

plus i OWN world at war. i can comment on it if i like. WWII had f**k all to do with zombies. if your idiot mind is pleased and entertained by that good for you. ignorance is bliss. apply that elsewhere and ignore my statements about your beloved zombie mini game. calling them 'nazi' zombies is a pathetic weak link for an excuse to beef up their shady game.

It's a game; nothing more, nothing less. Its objective is to entertain. If people are entertained, then whats the bother?

Stop being so elitist over an activity which is accessible to most, if not all.
ffcoppolla 73

Postby Blackest_Waltz » 10 Jun 2009, 12:53

While I do enjoy Modern Warfare quite a bit (playing it now while World at War is played by someone else) Nazi Zombies was quite a masterstroke. I would not be upset at all if Nazi Zombies somehow made it's way to Modern Warfare 2. It makes a change from competitive modes - while they're fun and all it's always good to mix it up a bit.
Blackest_Waltz 24

Postby silversun_111 » 10 Jun 2009, 12:57

AWWWW ALLY McBEAL GETTING A LITTLE FLUSTERED.Never said i like the zombie's you dumbass!If you are at work which i so much doubt you are getting very litle work done as every piece of news that i read when i get home has your scummy little name on it. Just give up the GOD status kid as you are a sad prat that enjoys pissing people off, simple as!!! YOU HEAR ME HILLBILLY BOY??
silversun_111 55

Postby lwill » 10 Jun 2009, 13:00

Comes out tommorow?

When I have my last G.C.S.E? It's like it's meant to be.

Trouble is, I've got no money!

I couldn't tell from the trailer, but it looked like all the zombies came from 1 direction, if that's the case, that's brilliant. It seemed properly brutal.

Shame they don't just sell the zombie pack on its own, my guess is if there's another pack, they'll do an extra pack that just sells the 3 extra zombie maps.

@SVD, I'm a fan of COD4 myself, but, 'they ripped the engine 1 for 1?'

They used the same engine though, it was just a well known fact, I see no problem in that.
lwill 61

PSN ID: overkillhunter

I don't understand the bashing people give WAW

Postby laslowoodbine » 10 Jun 2009, 13:07

I don't get people bashing WAW, continually complaining that its rubbish compared to MW. I own both and I just don't see it. They both play almost identically, however I would say the single player campaign in COD4 was alot better. However the multi-player is like the same game under a different skin set.
laslowoodbine 50

Postby svd_grasshopper » 10 Jun 2009, 13:20

silversun_111 wrote:AWWWW ALLY McBEAL GETTING A LITTLE FLUSTERED.Never said i like the zombie's you dumbass!If you are at work which i so much doubt you are getting very litle work done as every piece of news that i read when i get home has your scummy little name on it. Just give up the GOD status kid as you are a sad prat that enjoys pissing people off, simple as!!! YOU HEAR ME HILLBILLY BOY??

whats sad is your doing this in your spare time.

go out and get a tan, or a job.
svd_grasshopper 62

Postby silversun_111 » 10 Jun 2009, 13:55

The people who say get a job are more than likely dont have one.Anyway i have a job but i dont need to prove that to little kids. This is a videogame site little child so actually talk about videogames and not about what happens when you go to bed and dream about having a job and the blonde with the big tits.Anyway im looking forward to the new maps and thats my opinion and not one person can argue with that!
silversun_111 55

Postby svd_grasshopper » 10 Jun 2009, 15:31

you sound about 12.
svd_grasshopper 62

Postby Warman93 » 10 Jun 2009, 17:28

Call of Duty Worlda at War is a videogame about the Second World War. It also happens to feature a minigame called Nazi Zombies.

The Mario franchise is a run and jump game prodomenantly. However, it still changes direction with various minigames such as trampolining, and it also has various off shoot games such as Mario Kart.

Just because a game, or for that matter, anything that fits into the media category changes direction, it doesn't mean that it is wrong.

In the case of World at War, Nazi Zombies made a welcome change from the war gameplay, and although the actual game itself came under alot of flack, the Nazi Zombie mode does not detract from the positive aspects of the game. If anything, it was a fun extra that most people, including the developers initially took ad a joke or novelty.

SVD, get over it. It is a game, and it's aim is to entertain, if it fails with you, why do you feel the need to tell everyone that they should hate it because it is not historically accurate, sounds insecure if you ask me...
Warman93 5

Postby Warman93 » 10 Jun 2009, 17:30

Call of Duty Worlda at War is a videogame about the Second World War. It also happens to feature a minigame called Nazi Zombies.

The Mario franchise is a run and jump game prodomenantly. However, it still changes direction with various minigames such as trampolining, and it also has various off shoot games such as Mario Kart.

Just because a game, or for that matter, anything that fits into the media category changes direction, it doesn't mean that it is wrong.

In the case of World at War, Nazi Zombies made a welcome change from the war gameplay, and although the actual game itself came under alot of flack, the Nazi Zombie mode does not detract from the positive aspects of the game. If anything, it was a fun extra that most people, including the developers initially took ad a joke or novelty.

SVD, get over it. It is a game, and it's aim is to entertain, if it fails with you, why do you feel the need to tell everyone that they should hate it because it is not historically accurate, sounds insecure if you ask me...
Warman93 5

Next