Prototype Vs inFamous

Your comments on our articles.

We've played and completed both games at PSW, so which is best?

I've been looking over the debate on various sites, including this one, about the whole inFamous versus Prototype tussle and thought I'd throw my thoughts in.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Prototype Vs inFamous

Postby Trahildar » 27 May 2009, 09:28

I want to red them but they don't see PSW near me anymore :(
http://montywk.deviantart.com/art/Suicide-129872112

My moving poem and friend's artwork
Trahildar 45

Postby Tekken._.PS3 » 27 May 2009, 14:20

PSW Isn't sold near me anymore either.
As millions, I'll return.
Tekken._.PS3 52

PSN ID: PSN-NIALL-91

Postby BigBoss987 » 28 May 2009, 22:55

They both sound very promising from what you said, I like the fact that they're different from each other. I'm looking forward to playing them both.
PSN - BigBoss987
BigBoss987 58

Postby Chris W » 29 May 2009, 20:31

Prototype looks and sounds insane, like a superhero game on steroids!

Earlier this week I was listening to this podcast (1UP), for inFAMOUS info and, until last week, I wasn't a superhero game fan. Having tried the inFAMOUS demo on a whim and become irrecoverably hooked on this genre, I must say that Prototype is looking appealing. I'm cautiously optimistic about this game, I want to like it, but the "gore" just seems a bit too... Well, adolescent to me.

BTW, if no demo appears, I'll be kind of disappointed, and suspicious of gameplay will be aroused - but, maybe they have an E3 demo planned? Either way, I'm hoping there will be a demo, so I can see if the ^above^ issue bothers me enough to warrant a purchase, or rental - if it doesn't bother me... I'll buy from day one!
Chris W 70

Postby cityfanchris » 05 Jun 2009, 13:00

the other argument you have is that, while Prototype has about 240 powers on offer to play around with, Infamous has 1 power with a variety of ways to use it. truth be told, it seems as though Infamous offers a slightly more controlled approach of "this is who you are, now pick a side", while Prototype is more "not even you know who you are, so go crazy!". With that in mind, as well as Deano's point of experiencing the powers throughout the sandbox's different environmental problems that occur, i'm siding with Prototype too! But, once im finished with Prototype (or more so 'if i finish Prototype', i'm buying a pre-owned Infamous and going to town on that bad boy...and then, just to add to the joy of being me, i'll give Ghostbusters a call :D :D
cityfanchris 28

Postby Sinthetic » 08 Jun 2009, 12:16

people who are going to fanboy one side are really going to p**s me off. there is plenty of room for the 2 in anyone's collection. i've got infamous and LOVE it and i'm getting prototype and i'm pretty sure i'm going to love that aswell. these are good times.
Sinthetic 52

Postby voodoo341 » 19 Jul 2009, 19:49

Sinthetic wrote:people who are going to fanboy one side are really going to p**s me off. there is plenty of room for the 2 in anyone's collection. i've got infamous and LOVE it and i'm getting prototype and i'm pretty sure i'm going to love that aswell. these are good times.

Pretty much agree. I've played inFamous and really enjoyed it. I've played Prototype on the 360 at a friends for a while and it looks fun as well. I'll wait until Prototype falls below £25 though before I buy it. Mainly due to the fact I've bought Battlefield 1943, Killzone 2 maps, Trash Panic and Dead Space first. I don't understand why there isn't a Prototype demo.
voodoo341 75