to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Demigod

Your comments on our articles.

Good lord

Demigod is gloriously bombastic, the introductory cutscene intoning the slight backstory in its best, booming Christopher Lee voice. One of the gods has been destroyed after leaking company secrets. As one of eight monstrous, magical demigods, you're fighting for promotion to the suddenly vacant position of Totalgod.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Demigod

Postby microhenry » 14 May 2009, 15:16

To be awesome at DOTA you have to be an ultra nerd. So "a fortiori" to be good at Demi God you have to be even more of a nerd.

I'll sit this one out, I don't rank myself as enough of a geek to be any good at it. Back to Chrono Trigger for me :D
I love the taste of Pikmin in the morning.

PSN/Steam: Mozz-eyes

[b]N64 is the [u]ONLY[/u] console[/b]
microhenry 48

Postby Karis » 14 May 2009, 19:17

Nah. You just have to learn to play.

It's a decent game, worthy of the 8.1 score!
Karis 38

marketing mistake

Postby grimlock047 » 15 May 2009, 02:50

the media and the developers screwed it by saying that Demigod is a mix of RTS with RPG which of course is neither. It resembles generic RTS games as much as Team Fortress 2 resembles any generic FPS such as Halo.

This game has strategy indeed but it's focused on which attacks are best suited for which situation and what are the best upgrades for the character you control according to the scenario and the objectives. In fact I'm convinced this game has more "real time strategy" that games where the winner is the player that clicks the fastest to send his peasants to chop some wood or make farms.

I recommend this game to anyone who enjoys competitive gameplay and specially anyone who finds unit management really tedious.
grimlock047 22