to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Battlestations: Pacific

Your comments on our articles.

Superior naval gazing

US Navy Carrier Battle Group is, collectively, the scariest weapon in modern warfare. Like a Ship Of The Line before it, a CBG is the ultimate projection of power, a near-invulnerable floating iron fist capable of annihilating any similar force and punching sizeable holes in enemy countries.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Battlestations: Pacific

Postby Skyliner » 13 May 2009, 09:32

Looks like it might be worth a go. Something cutting through the sea of crap thats floating about at the moment. At least until infamous hits the shore. Like my sea references? no i thought not.
Skyliner 11

Postby ulikmegee » 13 May 2009, 10:42

I thought the demo was very very average the flying sections were dull and who the f***k likes to drive a slow battle cruiser (I'm sure a few fan boys will set me straight) definitely not for me
ulikmegee 29

Postby Mappman » 13 May 2009, 12:31

ulikmegee wrote:I thought the demo was very very average the flying sections were dull and who the f***k likes to drive a slow battle cruiser (I'm sure a few fan boys will set me straight) definitely not for me

Well noone really has a right to set you straight because you're perfectly entitled to your opinion. You've got to admit though that its nice to see someone trying to make a game that plays a little differently to your usual console strategy fare.

I've not played the demo yet, but the idea at least appeals to me. I never got round to playing the original eithef, so I'll probably give that a miss in favour of this beefier update. Definitely a case of "try before you buy" though.
Gaming since 1984(!)
Mappman 45

Postby funkyjack » 13 May 2009, 15:00

I am quite interested in this given the review. Going to download the demo now.
He who nades, always wins...
funkyjack 60

Xbox Live: Chimera Six
PSN ID: D1RTYRAT
Steam: C3ll_DirtyRat

Postby DonnerKebab » 13 May 2009, 16:13

DOn't bother with the demo - the single player is dull - but MP is challenging and innovative - you get caught up in the strategy before you realise it - well worth a look.
DonnerKebab 18

Postby TezChi » 13 May 2009, 21:35

Played the demo a few times, I really like it but I find it pretty tough, maybe I just suck! LOL. I usually like this sort of thing though so its worth me having a look.

Anyone know how lengthy the SP campaigns are?
TezChi 24

Postby exeel » 23 May 2009, 21:10

TezChi wrote:Played the demo a few times, I really like it but I find it pretty tough, maybe I just suck! LOL. I usually like this sort of thing though so its worth me having a look.

Anyone know how lengthy the SP campaigns are?

I've played 6 hours or so, and still in Japan campaign. So it seems large enough, as there is 3-4 campaigns and then skirmish.
exeel 38