to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Red Alert 3 PS3 demo soon

Your comments on our articles.

Plus new gameplay trailer inside

David Seeholzer, senior development director for Red Alert 3, has revealed that a demo of the PS3 version "should" be with us within a couple of weeks.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Red Alert 3 PS3 demo soon

Postby ensabahnur » 10 Mar 2009, 14:11

will it have keyboard and mouse support? could not play this with a controller on the 360's original C&C 3 and the Red Alert demo on live was just as useless.
i used to love playing the original Red Alert on PC and have never managed to get my head round using the pad to issue orders and set up different squads. all this was easy when mapped to one of the keys.
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Postby AJDarkstar » 10 Mar 2009, 14:40

And does the PS3 version lose the 360 version's awful screen-tearing? My biggest gripe of this gen. PS3 and 360 are terrible for it, but 360 slightly more, I've found.
AJDarkstar 47

Xbox Live: A J Darkstar
PSN ID: AJDarkstar
Steam: AJDarkstar

Postby Bravo2Zero1989 » 10 Mar 2009, 14:54

I want now!!! :D

Love the Red Alert series, used to have the PC version but couldnt be bothered with PC gaming anymore, still have the other 2 Red Alerts though.
I see you around, "Carrier Boy"
PSN: Bravo2Zero1989
Bravo2Zero1989 23

Postby Black Mantis » 10 Mar 2009, 15:01

AJDarkstar wrote:And does the PS3 version lose the 360 version's awful screen-tearing? My biggest gripe of this gen. PS3 and 360 are terrible for it, but 360 slightly more, I've found.

Screen tearing has been awful this gen. I'd rather they delay a release than put it out like that.
Black Mantis 67

Postby Mark240473 » 10 Mar 2009, 15:08

AJDarkstar wrote:And does the PS3 version lose the 360 version's awful screen-tearing? My biggest gripe of this gen. PS3 and 360 are terrible for it, but 360 slightly more, I've found.

Apparently, the devs have improved the visuals by a fair margin for the PS3 port, which makes a bloody change.

I can't say my games collection has been plagued by the tearing of screen though. Unless my eyes are just immune to it.
This post was brought to you by SarkyMarky.
Mark240473 64

Xbox Live: BobozeTheBear
PSN ID: MarkyUK

Postby ensabahnur » 10 Mar 2009, 15:26

Mark240473 wrote:
I can't say my games collection has been plagued by the tearing of screen though. Unless my eyes are just immune to it.
you obviously never played Saints Row 1 then. always a bad sign when the intro cut-scene has screen tearing so bad people look like their legs are 1 foot to the left of their torso. and the game itself was plagued by it. made it nearly unplayable. the actual gameplay made it unplayable.

Uncharted has a small, blink and you'll miss it, bit of tearing when the camera moves from left to right in cut-scenes but nothing that you'd really notice unless your looking for it and none in the game itself. Roll on Uncharted 2:Among Thieves
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Postby Mark240473 » 10 Mar 2009, 15:43

ensabahnur wrote:
Mark240473 wrote:
you obviously never played Saints Row 1 then. always a bad sign when the intro cut-scene has screen tearing so bad people look like their legs are 1 foot to the left of their torso. and the game itself was plagued by it. made it nearly unplayable. the actual gameplay made it unplayable.

Uncharted has a small, blink and you'll miss it, bit of tearing when the camera moves from left to right in cut-scenes but nothing that you'd really notice unless your looking for it and none in the game itself. Roll on Uncharted 2:Among Thieves

I remember playing the demo of Saints Row 1 and I had to chase my eyes down the street. Needless to say, they weren't impressed.

I'll second you on Drakes 2 as well. Can't wait.
This post was brought to you by SarkyMarky.
Mark240473 64

Xbox Live: BobozeTheBear
PSN ID: MarkyUK