to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Riddick demo hits XBLA

Your comments on our articles.

PSN version "coming soon"

Atari's just dropped word that a demo for The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena is now on Xbox Live. A PS3 version is due later this month.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Riddick demo hits XBLA

Postby Black Mantis » 04 Mar 2009, 13:29

Excellent. I missed this first time round, so I'm really looking forward to this.
Black Mantis 67

Postby _Marty_ » 04 Mar 2009, 13:37

Whoa - totally gonna queue this to download now...
(and who says that function is never used :))
NEO ANARCHIST AND BEST BANG SINCE THE BIG ONE

"RIP my baby kitty - forever in our hearts"
_Marty_ 59

Xbox Live: Da Sausageman

godamn

Postby juggalo4life » 04 Mar 2009, 13:38

this game looks 66sick but the ps3 demo maybe next year sometime then? thats just great left behind again
juggalo4life 39

Postby Mark Hayhurst » 04 Mar 2009, 13:46

The original was awesome - can't wait fir this
Mark Hayhurst 43

Postby StonecoldMC » 04 Mar 2009, 13:47

I actually have my hopes quite high for this one, the first Riddick on the original xbox was a really good game, so fingers crossed this new one wont disappoint.
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 81
Global Moderator

Postby minignaz » 04 Mar 2009, 13:49

Should be on marketplace, but for some reason I can't get to it (on the web version), anyone tried the 360 version of marketplace yet?

Really enjoyed what I played on the PC, could be a game of the year if enough people get involved this time round.
bebo | eBay | twitter | 360: minignaz | steam: minignaz
minignaz 59

Postby ensabahnur » 04 Mar 2009, 13:53

StonecoldMC wrote:I actually have my hopes quite high for this one, the first Riddick on the original xbox was a really good game, so fingers crossed this new one wont disappoint.
yeah it was a game that i only got about half way through before some other big game came out (possibly GTA:SA or MGS3) and i just never got back to finishing it.
well looks like i'll finally get the chance again what with Butcher Bay being the first part of the game.
hopefully though StarBreeze have improved their multiplayer since The Darkness as that was just a mess online.
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Postby smiles69 » 04 Mar 2009, 13:54

Cant find it on the web site either? can anyone post a link. 8)

Cheers
smiles69 41

Postby smegpot » 04 Mar 2009, 13:56

I am looking forward to trying this,the original was excellent.
smegpot 12

Postby StonecoldMC » 04 Mar 2009, 13:56

ensabahnur wrote:
StonecoldMC wrote:I actually have my hopes quite high for this one, the first Riddick on the original xbox was a really good game, so fingers crossed this new one wont disappoint.
yeah it was a game that i only got about half way through before some other big game came out (possibly GTA:SA or MGS3) and i just never got back to finishing it.
well looks like i'll finally get the chance again what with Butcher Bay being the first part of the game.
hopefully though StarBreeze have improved their multiplayer since The Darkness as that was just a mess online.

1UP did a preview a while back and talked about the MP, there is a mode where its 'Pitch Black' and you cant really see sh*t, I havent seen too many videos (been trying to stop, it ruins a game when ive seen about 60% of it through promo videos) but its deffo something im keeping my eyes on (though Riddick himself might struglle to do that, bad joke. Sorry).
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 81
Global Moderator

Postby Black Mantis » 04 Mar 2009, 13:56

smiles69 wrote:Cant find it on the web site either? can anyone post a link. 8)

Cheers

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/games/default.htm
Black Mantis 67

Postby altitude2k » 04 Mar 2009, 14:12

Black Mantis wrote:
smiles69 wrote:Cant find it on the web site either? can anyone post a link. 8)

Cheers

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/games/default.htm

Search for "Assault on Dark Athena". Searching for "Riddick" produces no results. It's there - mine's queued.

Linkified:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/games ... 2494707ee/
altitude2k 64

Xbox Live: aLTiTuDe
PSN ID: altitude2k
Steam: altitude2k

Postby Miss_Wacy » 04 Mar 2009, 14:15

dl it earlier well good game
Miss_Wacy 50

Postby ensabahnur » 04 Mar 2009, 14:18

StonecoldMC wrote:
ensabahnur wrote:

1UP did a preview a while back and talked about the MP, there is a mode where its 'Pitch Black' and you cant really see sh*t, I havent seen too many videos (been trying to stop, it ruins a game when ive seen about 60% of it through promo videos) but its deffo something im keeping my eyes on (though Riddick himself might struglle to do that, bad joke. Sorry).
i'd like to see some mode where its 1 vs everyone else, where its Pitch Black and everyones trying to hunt a single player Riddick. the hunters have to use torches whilst the Riddick just takes his goggles off and has to either evade or kill the hunters over a period of time. it'd be similar to Splinter Cells MP mode. i can see that being put in though.
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Postby _Marty_ » 04 Mar 2009, 14:21

ensabahnur wrote:i'd like to see some mode where its 1 vs everyone else, where its Pitch Black and everyones trying to hunt a single player Riddick. the hunters have to use torches whilst the Riddick just takes his goggles off and has to either evade or kill the hunters over a period of time. it'd be similar to Splinter Cells MP mode. i can see that being put in though.

That's exactly what Pitch Black mode is. Riddick has a knife and can see in the dark, the others are hunting him using torches and guns...

In fact, your request is SO much like what is actually included in the game I'm wondering if you were being sarcastic :)

There's also another multiplayer mode where it's 4 vs 4 vs 4 (Guards, merc, prisoners). Sounds like fun.
NEO ANARCHIST AND BEST BANG SINCE THE BIG ONE

"RIP my baby kitty - forever in our hearts"
_Marty_ 59

Xbox Live: Da Sausageman

Next