to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Killzone 2 Guide Pt. 2

Your comments on our articles.

Guide: Campaign guide Pt. 2

Follow us as we walk you closer to Vasari and the final showdown on Helghan. Here's part two of PSW's guide to Killzone 2's main campaign.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Killzone 2 Guide Pt. 2

Postby headspin » 02 Mar 2009, 11:12

anyone else got to the penultimate bit where you have to take out the guards in the palace from the balcony on veteran???? its bloody rock solid!!!! i played for 90 mins trying to do it last night and ended up having to turn it off cos i just wanted to throw my controller at the tv screen lol!!! i keep getting as far as the guys with the rpg's coming out the doors and getting killed.... any tips??? :evil:
all console fanboys are c**ts, (you dicks know who you are).
headspin 52

Xbox Live: Bacon Roll
PSN ID: Bacon_Roll
Wii Code: Whoactuallyknows...
Steam: To be announced v shortly

goty

Postby juggalo4life » 02 Mar 2009, 11:26

it took me 16min to take down radec im not looking forward to beatin the game on Elite difficulty level it was hard on normal and to the comment above just keep at it i dont have any tips i just stayed back and took them out 1 by 1 it was slow but i made it its the bit before radec that i got stuck on that was a hard fight bring on kz3
juggalo4life 39

Re: Killzone 2 Guide Pt. 2

Postby Mark240473 » 02 Mar 2009, 11:39

headspin wrote:anyone else got to the penultimate bit where you have to take out the guards in the palace from the balcony on veteran???? its bloody rock solid!!!! i played for 90 mins trying to do it last night and ended up having to turn it off cos i just wanted to throw my controller at the tv screen lol!!! i keep getting as far as the guys with the rpg's coming out the doors and getting killed.... any tips??? :evil:

You've not had that telly long! :shock: Don't do it captain!

Can't help with that part as I am at the courtyard section. Sorry.

I think that when I go for the complete all levels without dying trophy, I'll stick to trooper difficulty. I think I have died nearly 100 times on veteran! :lol:

I was watching you in multiplayer the other night using spectator mode. You were a medic and it was good fun to watch. I couldn't join because the game was full. I'll try and join up with you this week.
This post was brought to you by SarkyMarky.
Mark240473 64

Xbox Live: BobozeTheBear
PSN ID: MarkyUK

Postby headspin » 02 Mar 2009, 14:11

Mark240473 wrote:
headspin wrote:anyone else got to the penultimate bit where you have to take out the guards in the palace from the balcony on veteran???? its bloody rock solid!!!! i played for 90 mins trying to do it last night and ended up having to turn it off cos i just wanted to throw my controller at the tv screen lol!!! i keep getting as far as the guys with the rpg's coming out the doors and getting killed.... any tips??? :evil:

You've not had that telly long! :shock: Don't do it captain!

Can't help with that part as I am at the courtyard section. Sorry.

I think that when I go for the complete all levels without dying trophy, I'll stick to trooper difficulty. I think I have died nearly 100 times on veteran! :lol:

I was watching you in multiplayer the other night using spectator mode. You were a medic and it was good fun to watch. I couldn't join because the game was full. I'll try and join up with you this week.

lol, ive only had the telly since boxing day, i couldnt do it to it, love it too much!!! :lol:

i didnt even realise there was a spectator mode, ill check that out tonight, i know the games you were on about when id just got the medic capability, i played dogshit in those games cos i was too concerned about reviving people and getting killed in the process lol, im gonna take the ability off i think and go back to normal as i get loads more kills that way... deffo hook up for some games this week mark!!!
headspin 52

Postby themadjock » 02 Mar 2009, 15:08

Add me to that list - I get to the knife asssain wave and they get me most times. I too tried that about 40 times yesterday and had to give up - Hopefully do it tonight!
themadjock 51

PSN ID: themadjock-uk_sco

Postby headspin » 02 Mar 2009, 16:07

themadjock wrote:

Add me to that list - I get to the knife asssain wave and they get me most times. I too tried that about 40 times yesterday and had to give up - Hopefully do it tonight!

thats the ones who all storm upstairs isnt it just before the rpg guys come out, i always save the grenade launcher for them and cane 2 or 3 of them together, i dont give em chance to get near me lol. im gonna give it a go after ive had some grub when i get home, ill probably do it first time knowing me, im always better at a hard part in a game if i turn it off and come back to it later. good luck anyway!!! :wink:
headspin 52

Postby themadjock » 02 Mar 2009, 16:59

headspin wrote:
themadjock wrote:

thats the ones who all storm upstairs isnt it just before the rpg guys come out, i always save the grenade launcher for them and cane 2 or 3 of them together, i dont give em chance to get near me lol. im gonna give it a go after ive had some grub when i get home, ill probably do it first time knowing me, im always better at a hard part in a game if i turn it off and come back to it later. good luck anyway!!! :wink:

There are RPG guys after that!! :cry:
PSN ID: madjock-uk_sco
themadjock 51

PSN ID: themadjock-uk_sco

Postby headspin » 02 Mar 2009, 23:39

themadjock wrote:
headspin wrote:
themadjock wrote:

There are RPG guys after that!! :cry:

oh yes... 4 of the f*%kers!!!! had me tearing my hair out earlier, sniped 2 of them and thought that was all of em, but theres 2 more and one got me!!!! i just calmly pressed start, then scrolled down to 'quit', and went and played some multiplayer .... wouldnt like to think what id have done if i hadnt have done that lol.... i watched a walkthrough video here

http://www.gameanyone.com/video/123453/3

and they claim the guy is on veteran but i only count 2 rpg guys and the rockets impact doesnt quite kill him where as it kills me outright so i think its on normal on the vid, although i did pick up a tip off it and thats to use the helghast machine gun as much as possible and that takes care of all the guys that run upstairs better than anything, just be wary after youve taken 2 of them that rush on the right or left that 2 more are on their way from the other side so rush them straight away after killing the first 2, then the rpg guys arrive, id advise you to take some medication or something at this point as you'll feel very violent lol....

ps- send me another friend request cos i saw the friend invite and thought you were just a random who'd tried to add me and deleted it (sorry :oops:)
headspin 52

Postby The Kool Kid » 03 Mar 2009, 02:14

The balcony section on the Radec fight is the hardest, cheesiest, cheapest, most broken moment in a video game I have ever played.

2 nights and 40 tries later suicide seems tempting...
The Kool Kid 47

PSN ID: GrandCoconut

Postby voodoo341 » 03 Mar 2009, 02:30

The Kool Kid wrote:The balcony section on the Radec fight is the hardest, cheesiest, cheapest, most broken moment in a video game I have ever played.

2 nights and 40 tries later suicide seems tempting...

:lol: I see why you hate it now
voodoo341 75

Postby __SpUtNiK__ » 03 Mar 2009, 04:19

You know the stairs you went up to get to the second floor. (facing Radec) Go to the one on the left, theirs loads of cover from the the rockets and the AI scripts will make any enemy entering the stair well go up the wrong way with there backs to you and with no near cover. Provided they didnt see you.

It should be very easy from then on.
PSN: Klickkilla
GT: Ridep

PC:Nowt...
360:Nowt...
PS3:Final Fantasy 13
Wii:Phoenix Wright:Justice for all.
__SpUtNiK__ 60

Postby svd_grasshopper » 04 Mar 2009, 13:17

how do you get close to him? says he likes to knife you. but there is junk blocking the path and you cant get near him.
svd_grasshopper 62

Postby rak49 » 07 Mar 2009, 11:59

Did anyone else, when they saw the giant spire come out of the ground in front of the convoy yell "JUST F**ING SHOOT AT IT!?!" whilst they were all going "wtf is that?", still, pretty cutscene.
rak49 51

Postby DevilsNeverCry » 11 Mar 2009, 16:41

@svd - you can't really get close to Radec as such, he gets close to you when you shoot him a bit as you may already know, generally though I find getting close to him is impossible as he just zaps off somewhere else!

Although gotta say, i'm proud that the final blow was a melee attack in my fight on Vet xD
DevilsNeverCry 32

Killzone 2

Postby War God » 10 Apr 2009, 12:58

I got to the balcony at the palace but just can't seem to pass the helghast. Even using grenade launchers as it states, they just won't stop coming.
War God 4