Killzone 2 Guide

Your comments on our articles.

Walkthrough: PSW takes you through the campaign - Pt. 1

Welcome to Operation Archangel. It has been two long and bloody years since the Helghast left their home world of Helghan and attacked the Interplanetary Strategic Alliance colony of Vekta. Now it's time to take the fight right back to the enemies doorstep, invade Helghan's capital city of Pyrrhus and bring Emperor Scolar Visaro to justice.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Killzone 2 Guide

Postby Conkers » 27 Feb 2009, 20:31

Seeing as the game has only just come out, why not let people play it for a little while and then tell them how to do it, takes all the fun away otherwise. What do I know though, I'm ill.
Conkers 52

Xbox Live: I'mnottellingyou
PSN ID: notgotoneyet
Wii Code: 1110010101010101010

Postby robandang » 28 Feb 2009, 11:33

....or people could use some magical will-power to choose not to look at it....
robandang 26

Postby twistedfiend » 28 Feb 2009, 13:27

I've never understood walkthroughs. Why? I've got a friend (just the one) who buys a game but doesn't play it until there's a decent walkthrough available. Gaming by numbers. Where's the fun? Now, I'm going to exercise some of that magic willpower.
twistedfiend 43

Postby blind_fools » 28 Feb 2009, 14:46

im finished.
and all ill say is this.
THE LAST LEVEL IS A BITCH.
have fun its pritty hard
blind_fools 29

Postby Conkers » 28 Feb 2009, 17:31

robandang wrote:....or people could use some magical will-power to choose not to look at it....

Willpower? W-ill-po-wer?? Que? Being a smoker I have no comprehension what you are talking about at all!
Conkers 52

Xbox Live: I'mnottellingyou
PSN ID: notgotoneyet
Wii Code: 1110010101010101010

Postby RandyChimp » 28 Feb 2009, 18:48

I'm getting really p**sed off with the last level, its a great game, but the aimings too slow for the amount of enemies there. and yes, i have turned up the sensitivity to maximum.
RandyChimp 38

PSN ID: RandyChimp

Postby The Kool Kid » 28 Feb 2009, 20:34

7 hours in and im on level 5...

Who the hell said this was a 6 hour game? A pro-gamer on easy mode?
The Kool Kid 47

PSN ID: GrandCoconut

Postby Mark240473 » 01 Mar 2009, 02:45

I've been playing it pretty solid for a couple of days now and I'm only on level 7 - the cargo train level. Admittedly, I decided to play the single player on veteran difficulty and by anyone's standard it is seriously tough!

My take on it so far? An absolute masterpiece - with a couple of flaws. I haven't played anything as intense for as long as I can remember. What GG have achieved with the enemy AI is remarkable at times. The visuals may look a bit dull in screenshots, but they have blown me away whilst playing and really suck you into the experience. The lighting and particle effects are fantastic.

Some have really layed into the story, but I found it adequate for this type of game - and some of the cutscenes are great, especially the introduction with Brian Cox as the Helgan leader, spurring his army into action. Really got the blood pumping!

Flaws? Not many. The ally AI can be frustrating at times and tend to be cannon fodder for the Helgans. Strange, considering the enemy AI is so good. Also, even though the levels tend to be linear in path, it is easy to get lost in some of the larger areas. However, a quick tap on the up button on the d-pad points you in the right direction. Anything else, erm - no.

Killzone 2 has shot straight into my top 10 most enjoyable games this gen (my favourite single player fps by far) - and that's without even trying the multiplayer!

No fps fan should miss out on this. It really is that good in my opinion. And it seems that 80% of my friends agree. Never have I seen so many on my list playing the same game!

Anyway, sorry to bore you all, but I had to let it out!

Good times.

Oh, and my score? Does it really matter?
This post was brought to you by SarkyMarky.
Mark240473 64

Xbox Live: BobozeTheBear
PSN ID: MarkyUK

Postby coldroses » 01 Mar 2009, 12:24

What an absolutely sh*t guide... On the first level it mentions the first Helghan Symbol but doesn't even bother to tell you where the rest of them are... Have they not found them? Can they not be bothered? CVG, tut tut :roll:
coldroses 34

Postby BYDO » 01 Mar 2009, 16:07

Awesome game! .........but still not as good as CoD4 or Gears 2! :wink:
BYDO 56

Postby themadjock » 02 Mar 2009, 09:05

Mark, I agree very,very good indeed, but not at 10. I am at the palace near the final show down. Just wait until you get to use the mech power armour!!!

The final assualt on the palace is like vasari square x 100.

Also playing on Veteran difficulty and kind of fustrated by the shear number of replay attempts at some places.

Bring on the multiplayer, I want to finish the single player first otherwise I am scared I won't go back to it.
themadjock 51

PSN ID: themadjock-uk_sco

Postby Mark240473 » 02 Mar 2009, 10:25

themadjock wrote:Mark, I agree very,very good indeed, but not at 10. I am at the palace near the final show down. Just wait until you get to use the mech power armour!!!

The final assualt on the palace is like vasari square x 100.

Also playing on Veteran difficulty and kind of fustrated by the shear number of replay attempts at some places.

Bring on the multiplayer, I want to finish the single player first otherwise I am scared I won't go back to it.

I got to the final assault on the palace last night and it is really tough! That previous level in the mech-suit was great fun! The thing that impresses me the most about the game is that it is so cohesive. You feel as if you are really there whilst you are playing, which adds to the immersion.

CVG said that there were no standout moments, but when the game delivers such brilliance from start to finish, how the hell do you make a standout moment? Throw in a stupid random boss? No thanks. The whole game is a standout moment for fps's.

I wouldn't give the game a 10 because my idea of a 10/10 is something like Zelda Ocarina of Time or Mario 64. Still, i'd definitely give it a 9/10 because it has been the most enjoyable fps I have played since Goldeneye.

If the multiplayer is as good as the single player, then
it may be worth a 10/10. All signs point to a multiplayer as addictive as COD4 according to a couple of friends. In fact, a few friends on my list haven't even played the single player yet!

I may give it a bash tonight.
This post was brought to you by SarkyMarky.
Mark240473 64

Xbox Live: BobozeTheBear
PSN ID: MarkyUK

Postby jayson_90210 » 02 Mar 2009, 11:18

I wasn't convinced about the multiplayer at first but once I'd played a couple of games it really started to grow on me.
I'm hooked now!
Domo arigato, Mr Roboto

Currently playing:
MAG, FFXIII, Borderlands, PES:2009
jayson_90210 41

Postby blind_fools » 06 Mar 2009, 12:34

The Kool Kid wrote:7 hours in and im on level 5...

Who the hell said this was a 6 hour game? A pro-gamer on easy mode?

medium 6 hours
hard 7.6
im half way through elite and god dam its hard
blind_fools 29