to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

More Crackdown devs join Ruffian

Your comments on our articles.

But is it working on a sequel?

Speculation has grown that newly-formed Scottish studio Ruffian Games is working on a sequel to 360-exclusive Crackdown, after it unveiled the hiring of more developers behind the original game this morning.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

More Crackdown devs join Ruffian

Postby StonecoldMC » 25 Feb 2009, 09:35

We know a sequel is coming for Crackdown, is it Ruffian or Realtime that is the only question?
StonecoldMC 79
Global Moderator

Re: More Crackdown devs join Ruffian

Postby Black Mantis » 25 Feb 2009, 10:23

StonecoldMC wrote:We know a sequel is coming for Crackdown, is it Ruffian or Realtime that is the only question?

Doesn't matter though does it? They all worked on the previous game and both studios are located in the same area, so help will always be at hand.

The one question should be; When's it coming out?
Black Mantis 67

Postby Nutterbynature » 25 Feb 2009, 10:25

Realtime Worlds are making APB so i don't think it'll be them.
Nutterbynature 50

Postby ParmaViolet » 25 Feb 2009, 11:07

Nutterbynature wrote:Realtime Worlds are making APB so i don't think it'll be them.

Yeah, I'd agree with that.

From what I recall - after the success of the first game - Microsoft were keen to get Realtime working on the sequel, but they were unable to commit to it due to APB.

I think we all know that it'll come eventually, though.

:)
ParmaViolet 66

Postby monkey_puncher » 25 Feb 2009, 11:33

It is gonna be a full blown sequel or a multiplayer version of the first game though? I heard it'd be set in the same city again, only with massive multiplayer matches and stuff.

I'd rather have a proper sequel though.
monkey_puncher 50

Postby Black Mantis » 25 Feb 2009, 12:03

monkey_puncher wrote:It is gonna be a full blown sequel or a multiplayer version of the first game though? I heard it'd be set in the same city again, only with massive multiplayer matches and stuff.

I'd rather have a proper sequel though.

There will be aesthetic changes as well I guess.
Black Mantis 67

LOVED THE FIRST!

Postby Bailey-AU » 25 Feb 2009, 12:29

I hope they don't change the visuals - I loved the look of the first one!

The only problem I had with it was it's story, or its execution mainly. I would have prefered to go in-depth into the whole superhuman thing and its conception, as well as the history of the gangs and really fleshout the characters behind the gang leaders that you had to kill.

I would have liked some indoor missions, and water-based and air-based vehicles are a MUST if a sequel were to be released.

Here's hoping we get word of it at E309 :D
Bailey-AU 38

Re: LOVED THE FIRST!

Postby Black Mantis » 25 Feb 2009, 12:37

Bailey-AU wrote:I hope they don't change the visuals - I loved the look of the first one!

The only problem I had with it was it's story, or its execution mainly. I would have prefered to go in-depth into the whole superhuman thing and its conception, as well as the history of the gangs and really fleshout the characters behind the gang leaders that you had to kill.

I would have liked some indoor missions, and water-based and air-based vehicles are a MUST if a sequel were to be released.

Here's hoping we get word of it at E309 :D

I like those ideas. A bit more scenery damage too.
Black Mantis 67