to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Prince of Persia Epilogue DLC

Your comments on our articles.

Interview: Ubisoft spills all on the core-focused PoP update

Everyone agreed that this generation's first Prince of Persia game was visually stunning, but opinions on its wider success were a little more divided.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Prince of Persia Epilogue DLC

Postby DevilsNeverCry » 24 Feb 2009, 16:22

Gotta love the crap he spouts about PoPs ending being the main one.

Who is getting conned then those who don't buy the DLC or those who do?

Aside from that I've no gripes with this DLC.

Oh actually yes I do.

I bet this will cost somewhere in the ballpark of £6-8, for as he says 3 hours of gameplay? There is a trophy for completing the DLC within 2 hours. So for probably the price of a full PSN/XBLA game we're getting a mere 2-3 hours worth of extra gameplay?

DLC is lose.
DevilsNeverCry 32

Postby WHERESMYMONKEY » 24 Feb 2009, 16:41

thats all a matter of opinion really. I got the ending of the original. good narratively disasterous gameplaywise.

I'd rather get a few extra features and hours out of a game i really enjoyed than buy an XBLA game most of which aren't very long anyway.

Dlc if done right is brilliant. The lost and the damned proved that.

no ones getting conned. if you want to pay for the extra bit go ahead if you don't. don't.

Free wills an amazing thing.

Also i've seen that play are selling POP with the dlc included for £25 not bad for a game that now has an extra 3 hours play time ay.
Comedy. gaming. Lemmings? You do the math www.laserlemming.com
WHERESMYMONKEY 66

Postby lonewolf2002 » 24 Feb 2009, 21:08

I know I am in the minority but I liked this PoPs more sedate gameplay, hopefully the devs may think to have a sedate/manic mode and please everyone in the next full game.
What you need to remember is that there's what people want to hear, there's what people want to believe, there's everything else, THEN there's the truth!

360 Lon3Wolf2002

PSN lone_WOLF2002

Steam lonewolf10
lonewolf2002 64

Postby wiikii007 » 24 Feb 2009, 23:17

I will only probably even consider getting this DLC if its not too expencive.
wiikii007 51

poor show!

Postby nobbyukuk » 01 Mar 2009, 19:38

To be fair i feel totally ripped offer the £22 i paid for PoP, the whole game was uninspiring and frankley boring. If your interested in the storyline then i spose this is right up your street. Personally i cant see myself ever buying another PoP game ever again after this. Apart from the graphics which are beautiful this game had about as much pace as an arthritic granny not to mention the incredible feats of it being impossible to die or create any sense of fear or tension in that leap of faith frame of mind. The other thing that annoys me is it probably wont be under a fiver either so people are getting conned for what effectively is another chapter to the same story and no improvements whatsoever. Some DLC is worth it and really ties in with the game or adds something new, this i just feel is a bit farcical, especially when the PSN has some downloadable games for around the same price that i think would be a much better investment.
nobbyukuk 19