to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

White Gold

Your comments on our articles.

Steve Hogarty plays the dope while snorting up a big line of fun

I was determined not to harken back to White Gold's predecessor when writing up my impressions of the open-world shooter, but when you're sprinting down a road being chased by a disastrously animated snake, it's hard not to conjure up memories of Boiling Point's hovering death pumas.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

White Gold

Postby humorguy » 25 Dec 2008, 23:48

A nice Xmas present to know White Gold is still coming out! Loved Boiling Point (after using the 2.0 patch) and it had so many fresh ideas, and this preview seems to be saying White Gold is going the same way - which is good!

The preview still seemed to be a little snidey, which I wonder if it would do to a bigger publisher, like if Bethesda released another Star Trek strategy game after the disaster of Legacy, would it get a snide preview like this?
humorguy 47

Postby johnman » 26 Dec 2008, 18:34

I think its because this game can go either way - and after playing such early code its impossible to say its going to be great like every other reviewer does. Reading the preveiw sections in most magazines is annoying - even you can see a bad idea that the writers pimps up.
johnman 38

Postby humorguy » 02 Jan 2009, 09:28

All games can go either way, but you just don't get these snidey comments in previews/reviews for the likes of Bethesda or Blizzard or Valve. Many people said after the GTA IIV PC reviews how bad a GTA would have to be to get under 90%. I am inclined to also say how good does White Gold have to be to get above 85%!!!
humorguy 47