to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Banjo XBLA movies

Your comments on our articles.

High def bear and bird action inside

The first thing you'll notice is that all mention of the N64 original has been removed in the start-up sequence.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Banjo XBLA movies

Postby capsule_toy » 11 Nov 2008, 23:01

Pfffft, I would NOT pay £9 for Banjo on XBLA.

1. Use Wii channel with Banjo game injected into it to play it on the console it SHOULD be on...

2. Play it on PC with an emulator.

3. Get Wii Homebrew channel and N64 emulator and Banjo for it on to play it on the console it SHOULD be on!!

I'm doing number 2 atm, and it looks identical, if not BETTER on PC.

Screw you MS and your "Microsoft Game Studios" reference on Mumbo's xylophone.
capsule_toy 46

Xbox Live: Capsule Toy
PSN ID: Capsule_Toy
Steam: Capsule_Toy

Postby TheKraige » 11 Nov 2008, 23:50

Whatever you say dude I can't wait to play my version this friday and it'll be better than yours, I'm not a hater lol.
TheKraige 41

Xbox Live: TheKraige
PSN ID: TheKraige
Steam: TheKraige
Battle.net: TheKraige

Postby ginsin » 12 Nov 2008, 08:57

I'll be buying this as soon as it's available for download. Can't wait to get stuck in to Banjo-Kazooie again, it's been too many years.

I'm also looking forward to the Banjo-Tooie :D
Victory is just a prelude to the next battle.
ginsin 67

Xbox Live: Nocuous Penguin
Steam: ginsinuk

Postby steve_2003 » 12 Nov 2008, 09:49

Can't wait to start playing this again, it's going to look really good in its improved state with the great gameplay & brilliant Rare sense of humour to match!

Looking forward to unlocking the secret stuff using the new Nuts & Bolts game too. :D
steve_2003 64

Postby StonecoldMC » 12 Nov 2008, 09:52

ginsin wrote:I'll be buying this as soon as it's available for download. Can't wait to get stuck in to Banjo-Kazooie again, it's been too many years.

I think you can still preorder at play.com for Nuts & Bolts and you get the original as a free download, seems like a really good deal. Money isnt even the main issue anymore, its time. I have no time to play all these great games. :cry:
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 80
Global Moderator

Postby WHERESMYMONKEY » 12 Nov 2008, 10:10

kind of happy that gears was so short now. It gave me the time to go back and tie up the loose ends i had in fallout.

Now i'm free to enjoy another week of gameing awesomeness.

Sorry to the Nintie Fanboy at the top. IF you really want the definitive Banjoe experience go and Buy an Actual N64 and real copies of both games.

It is highly unlikely it'll come to the wii and even if it does the XBLA version will always be better because they added back in all the features they removed from the original.

Nintendo abandoned Rare and MS had the foresight to pick them up. If you want to blame anyone you should be blaming nintendo for giving away the rights to Banjoe and all thier friends.
WHERESMYMONKEY 66

Postby ginsin » 12 Nov 2008, 11:14

StonecoldMC wrote:
ginsin wrote:I'll be buying this as soon as it's available for download. Can't wait to get stuck in to Banjo-Kazooie again, it's been too many years.

I think you can still preorder at play.com for Nuts & Bolts and you get the original as a free download, seems like a really good deal. Money isnt even the main issue anymore, its time. I have no time to play all these great games. :cry:

Do you get the code now? Because I'm really not interested in buying the new Banjo-Kazooie game.
Victory is just a prelude to the next battle.
ginsin 67

Xbox Live: Nocuous Penguin
Steam: ginsinuk

Postby Wozzakl » 12 Nov 2008, 12:16

WHERESMYMONKEY wrote:It is highly unlikely it'll come to the wii and even if it does the XBLA version will always be better because they added back in all the features they removed from the original.

Better because it'll look fine on a HD screen, rather than the dogshit appearance of Wii output.
Wozzakl 54

Postby kimoak » 12 Nov 2008, 12:29

Wozzakl wrote:
WHERESMYMONKEY wrote:It is highly unlikely it'll come to the wii and even if it does the XBLA version will always be better because they added back in all the features they removed from the original.

Better because it'll look fine on a HD screen, rather than the dogshit appearance of Wii output.

Even though it is in HD, it is not going to be all that better than the original. Higher resolution only does so much to the visuals. It's still going to look blocky and dated.
kimoak 57

Postby Wozzakl » 12 Nov 2008, 13:32

kimoak wrote:
Wozzakl wrote:

Even though it is in HD, it is not going to be all that better than the original. Higher resolution only does so much to the visuals. It's still going to look blocky and dated.

Yeah, by "it'll look fine" I meant it'll look OK, not that it'll look good compared to modern standards.
Wozzakl 54