to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

GTA: Vice City Stories

Your comments on our articles.

Grand Theft Auto is back to claim the PSP throne - but is VCS more of the same or a handheld revolution?

One year on and Grand Theft Auto - with all its hundreds of buildings, flowing traffic and bantering pedestrians - is still an incredibly impressive sight running on the PSP. This time around of course, Rockstar's portable follow-up takes place in the 80s era and location of Miami - erm, Vice City, and it's looking even more visually stunning than before.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

GTA: Vice City Stories

Postby Yesoz » 31 Dec 2006, 23:32

I don't know many people who have not played the game on one format or another, and I've played it on most. The gameplay itself is almost on a par with big brother, and the slight variance to the PS2 version in-game story, retaining the map gives you the feel that you've been here before.

The multiplayer option increases the shelf-life yet further (or until the next one comes out) and adds even more pleasure to your GTA:VCS experience, quite literally will keep you playing for hours.

In the future, there will be an extension pack for your PSP enabling longer life and a much more comfortable gaming position. The much needed relief this would bring would be welcome - but as this is more likely just wishful thinking, my slight discomfort does little to hinder my opinion of a great portable addition to the GTA series.
Yesoz 2

Postby TH0M4S » 21 Jul 2007, 16:07

I love this game, 100% completion :).
TH0M4S 2

Postby corlock » 31 Jan 2008, 16:49

this is a cool game for a PSP to have...damn, I just can't get off my hands on playing this game ehehehe...
corlock 14