to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

New cars in big GT5 Prologue update

Your comments on our articles.

Gameplay and technical tweaks made too

Polyphony has a surprise for GT fans this morning in the form of a chunky new update for GT5 Prologue that adds three new cars and some neat gameplay tweaks.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby Mark240473 » 03 Oct 2008, 10:37

It is nice that we get these free updates for GT5:P, but I am surely not alone in thinking that work on the full release would be much more appreciated. Regardless, I will download this update as the new cars look really cool.
This post was brought to you by SarkyMarky.
Mark240473 64

Xbox Live: BobozeTheBear
PSN ID: MarkyUK

Postby Robzy1990 » 03 Oct 2008, 10:43

What's the point in a time trial that restricts you from going to fast? :?
Robzy1990 38

Postby fanboy » 03 Oct 2008, 10:58

I just cant understand why they keep updating it yet refuse to include trophies.

I mean, the Uncharted Devs said it only took them 2 days. If the GT fellas are still working on the game, then why on earth not?

If Sony wants devs to include them in the future, they would be best served getting them in their major franchises.
fanboy 63

Re: New cars in big GT5 Prologue update

Postby niksalt » 03 Oct 2008, 11:02

Mark240473 wrote:It is nice that we get these free updates for GT5:P, but I am surely not alone in thinking that work on the full release would be much more appreciated. Regardless, I will download this update as the new cars look really cool.

I've often wondered the same thing. As a none PS3 owner the prospect of the real GT5 could well tempt me into purchasing the system yet polyphony digital just seem happy to keep bolting stuff onto the prologue 'demo'.

:?
Live Gamertag djNiK
niksalt 48

Re: New cars in big GT5 Prologue update

Postby justy_uk » 03 Oct 2008, 11:26

niksalt wrote:
Mark240473 wrote:It is nice that we get these free updates for GT5:P, but I am surely not alone in thinking that work on the full release would be much more appreciated. Regardless, I will download this update as the new cars look really cool.

I've often wondered the same thing. As a none PS3 owner the prospect of the real GT5 could well tempt me into purchasing the system yet polyphony digital just seem happy to keep bolting stuff onto the prologue 'demo'.

:?

Hmm, maybe this is all they ever have the intention on releasing... I've never heard of anyone updating a demo before with after support like this.
justy_uk 44

Postby Suivaloon » 03 Oct 2008, 11:37

Just finish the full game for f**ks sake.
Suivaloon 19

Postby desolationw » 03 Oct 2008, 13:39

I wish people would stop complaining, but i know this is too much to ask.

It's not as if they stopped all development of GT5 to create the Prologue update. I prefer that Sony put a 2009 release date on GT5, instead of BSing everyone and saying it'll come out at Christmas, and then delaying it (cough cough ROCKSTAR).
desolationw 16

Postby ingy » 03 Oct 2008, 13:51

The problem with a game that falls behind in the release schedule for so long, is that instead of leading the pack, you end up chasing the competition, constantly updating the game to keep up.
They probably should have taken the plunge and released this game a year ago when it still would have turned heads.
The next Forza or PGR will be around soon and they will end up delaying it again to try and compete.
I was looking forward to this once, not sure i'm bothered now.
ingy 63

Postby Suivaloon » 03 Oct 2008, 14:31

desolationw wrote:I wish people would stop complaining, but i know this is too much to ask.

It's not as if they stopped all development of GT5 to create the Prologue update. I prefer that Sony put a 2009 release date on GT5, instead of BSing everyone and saying it'll come out at Christmas, and then delaying it (cough cough ROCKSTAR).

Last I heard they weren't even confident of making a 2009 release date... GT5 is the PS3's very own Alan Wake.
Suivaloon 19

Postby gogo65uk » 03 Oct 2008, 14:49

Not sure if it is just me but I've had a few problems with this game since the update. Took several attempts to get the update when when I finaly get it I load arcade and a time trial and then screen goes blank can't seem to play it now. Also loading up the news it just does sod all.
gogo65uk 50

Postby James_Bond » 03 Oct 2008, 16:30

These cars look sweet, but what we all want is damage or at least some other way of stopping the cheats bounce of walls, take you out and generally ganging up on you (not going to mention any nationallities.....!!!!!)

Plus trophies the whole trophy system is perfect for any REAL car racing game - Bronze, Silver, Gold for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and plantinum for championships

(That would be good for MotoGP 08)
James_Bond 13

Postby sonic_uk » 06 Oct 2008, 10:21

Surely there has got to be a way of making these updates so you don't keep losing your settings and data all the time. Yeah the updates are great, but its infuritaing trying to remember your quick tune settings each time you update. I can never get it exactly where it was before and as a result the cars always seem to be not as well tuned or handle worse etc. Its ridiculous.

Also while on the subject, in all probability from what I've seen Prologue is going to end up as being the full game anyway. Think about it, have they even started work on Gt5 at all? Why are they constantly bringing out downloads for Prologue and not spending their time working on Gt5? Personally I recon that new track and car packs will appear that you will pay for to download, new races will turn up as well and gradually over time Gt5 Prologue will just end up being Gt5 with you paying for the basic package first and then buying whichever upgrades, car packs, tracks etc you want online to turn it into a more complete game.

I also think sadly more and more games will be like this in a few years time and although I don't agree with it I can see there is money to be had by developers by selling you a basic game and then using digital content downloads to upgrade the game to the customers requirements. The only plus side to this being the basic package will be a lot cheaper for the customer and also you can pay for the stuff that interests you and leave out the stuff that dosn't. I'd still rather have a complete boxed game though, but thats just me.
Own...360(Slim), Ps4, Ps3(SuperSlim), Ps2, Ps1, PsVita, XperiaPlay, Gamecube, Snes, Dreamcast, Megadrive, MegaCd 2, Saturn, Gamegear, PC

Owned...Acorn Electron, Atari 2600, Gameboy, Master System, 32x, GBA SP, Xbox, Psp, 360(Premium), Ps3(BC), Wii(BC)
sonic_uk 55

Postby yetiC » 06 Oct 2008, 13:34

Is it not obvious to anyone who has posted above - that any car models, tracks, game engine changes etc that they make for GT5 Prologue - will be able to plug instantly into GT5 without any further reworking?

If you think about this logically - GT5 Prologue is ironing out a lot of bugs that GT5 might have in its online game without releasing the full game - all the little tricks/exploits etc are getting fixed in these updates and then tested by a much larger QA base than Polyphony could ever manage.

Also - To the guy who mentioned Rockstar delaying the game - if you've ever followed the Gran Turismo series - with the exception of the first one (which I assume wasn't announced til it was released) have been delayed by over a year...

It's the GT way - When they mooted an 08 release - everyone knew it wouldn't be here til at least 09.

C.
yetiC 49