to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Sony: "No plans" for Afrika release in Europe

Your comments on our articles.

Sony dismisses reports of a Euro release

Sony has reaffirmed that it has "no plans" to release its PS3 photography sim, Afrika, in Europe, despite reports claiming the contrary.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby StonecoldMC » 30 Sep 2008, 13:38

I dont really get this game (probably in the minority here). Is it basically: take photos of animals without being eaten or something similiar?
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 79
Global Moderator

Postby Dragonahcas » 30 Sep 2008, 13:43

Yeah, we can import it. Maybe they think that due to Europe being closer to Africa we can just get on a plane and visit it?

Meh, its no loss.
Dragonahcas 26

Postby Mark240473 » 30 Sep 2008, 13:52

I think it is a missed opportunity, not releasing Africa in Europe. I, for one, would be interested in giving it a go for the right price. I do like to have games that I can just kick-back with and chill out; FLOW being another example.
This post was brought to you by SarkyMarky.
Mark240473 64

Xbox Live: BobozeTheBear
PSN ID: MarkyUK

Re: Sony: "No plans" for Afrika release in Europe

Postby altitude2k » 30 Sep 2008, 14:08

StonecoldMC wrote:I dont really get this game (probably in the minority here). Is it basically: take photos of animals without being eaten or something similiar?

I don't think you can be eaten. It's just to take photos. Very pretty if nothing else.
altitude2k 64

Xbox Live: aLTiTuDe
PSN ID: altitude2k
Steam: altitude2k

Postby StonecoldMC » 30 Sep 2008, 14:21

altitude2k wrote:
StonecoldMC wrote:I dont really get this game (probably in the minority here). Is it basically: take photos of animals without being eaten or something similiar?

I don't think you can be eaten. It's just to take photos. Very pretty if nothing else.

Thats a shame. I pictured getting chased along the Savannah by a pack of lions only to fall as approaching a bridge and then having them munch on me like a small gazelle.

Now that I would pay to see. :wink:
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 79
Global Moderator

Postby altitude2k » 30 Sep 2008, 14:27

StonecoldMC wrote:
altitude2k wrote:

Thats a shame. I pictured getting chased along the Savannah by a pack of lions only to fall as approaching a bridge and then having them munch on me like a small gazelle.

Me too. Wait...are you still talking about the game?
altitude2k 64

Xbox Live: aLTiTuDe
PSN ID: altitude2k
Steam: altitude2k

Postby StonecoldMC » 30 Sep 2008, 14:33

altitude2k wrote:
StonecoldMC wrote:
altitude2k wrote:

Me too. Wait...are you still talking about the game?

:lol:

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 79
Global Moderator

Postby roger4000 » 30 Sep 2008, 14:59

i just don't get it. spend years making a game and don't sell it to as many people as possible :? japs...ever likely they commit hari kari.
Better a bad day on the snow than a good day in the office.
roger4000 54

Postby Suivaloon » 30 Sep 2008, 15:56

Do PS3 owners really want a HD copy of Pokemon Snap?

Don't think so.
Suivaloon 19

Postby scumlander » 30 Sep 2008, 18:31

first, pokemon snap is on rails.
second, calling someone a jap is hideously racist.
third, this isnt action oriented and it isnt purely just to look pretty. it's for animal enthusiasts. people who want to go take pictures of animals up close in africa, but cant for whatever reason (for there are many.) It's a great way to interact with intelligent AI and behavioural systems. maybe you can get eaten but that's not likely cus animals dont randomly hunt you down. they will kill you though... but killing and eating are two very different things.
scumlander 33

Postby Tonyb » 30 Sep 2008, 19:25

scumlander wrote:first, pokemon snap is on rails.
third, this isnt action oriented and it isnt purely just to look pretty. it's for animal enthusiasts. people who want to go take pictures of animals up close in africa, but cant for whatever reason (for there are many.) It's a great way to interact with intelligent AI and behavioural systems. maybe you can get eaten but that's not likely cus animals dont randomly hunt you down. they will kill you though... but killing and eating are two very different things.

What are hell are you on looney Leftie!!

1st - Pokemon....that's what he said!

2nd - Jap or Jap's is an accepted abbreviation for Japanese residents in the REAL world, just like Brits, Aussies, Yanks, etc... if you lighten up you muppet!

3rd - If your idea of gaming is taking photo's of animals, then find your nearest zoo (or should that be ecological enclosure!) or save up and f**k off to the Serengeti or on a Safari ffs! :x
Tonyb 58

Postby roger4000 » 01 Oct 2008, 09:03

Tonyb wrote:
scumlander wrote:first, pokemon snap is on rails.

What are hell are you on looney Leftie!!

1st - Pokemon....that's what he said!

2nd - Jap or Jap's is an accepted abbreviation for Japanese residents in the REAL world, just like Brits, Aussies, Yanks, etc... if you lighten up you muppet!

3rd - If your idea of gaming is taking photo's of animals, then find your nearest zoo (or should that be ecological enclosure!) or save up and f**k off to the Serengeti or on a Safari ffs! :x

here, here. well said that man
Better a bad day on the snow than a good day in the office.
roger4000 54

Postby Aeos » 01 Oct 2008, 09:11

A game should be judged objectivly, not based on it's genre (if Africa even has one). It's got good visuals, interesting gameplay mechanics, and hopefuly good AI behavior. They probably should ship to other regions if only to increase sales. That being said, I more than likely wouldn't buy the game but I may hire it.
Aeos 18