PES 6 demo hits Marketplace

Your comments on our articles.

Just in case anyone hasn't bought it yet...

A demo for Pro Evolution Soccer 6 from Konami is now available to download from Xbox Live Marketplace.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

PES 6 demo hits Marketplace

Postby niksalt » 22 Dec 2006, 12:20

The patch didn't fix the horrendous lag the game suffers from though.

How hard can it be to get a footy game running smoothly on-line? :roll:
Live Gamertag djNiK
niksalt 48

Postby prevhog » 22 Dec 2006, 12:38

I'm still debating whether to get this or Fifa especially with all the complaints that I've been reading. It's good that I can see for myself with this demo
prevhog 49

Postby falloutwarchief » 22 Dec 2006, 12:44

"For those who haven't bought it yet"?
There are people who exist that hate football, like me, who shall never buy it nor anything else football related.

However I shall most likely download the demo, since its pretty much a free game. With the demo you'll get to play a match over and over, which is exactly what you do in the full version.
Konami just gave me a Christmas present. Cheers lads.
falloutwarchief 58

Postby niksalt » 22 Dec 2006, 14:22

prevhog wrote:I'm still debating whether to get this or Fifa especially with all the complaints that I've been reading. It's good that I can see for myself with this demo

IMO it's worth a purchase despite it's flaws, especially as you can buy it new from Play.com or your local Asda for only £24.99.

Having previously owned every PS2 version, PES6 on 360 has taken me a LONG time to get to grips with properly. If your prepared to stick with it and almost re-learn the whole thing it's still a better game of footy than Fifa.
Live Gamertag djNiK
niksalt 48

Postby General Ahoy » 23 Dec 2006, 17:10

Half the price within a couple of months coz it's half the game they should have released. It'll be interesting to see what the trial game consists of as there's not much you could strip down from the actual game.
General Ahoy 28

Postby justd » 28 Dec 2006, 11:11

this game was a huge let down for me on the 360

i love pro evo

and have played it for years

the 360 version is about as "next gen" as a roll of toilet paper (at least toliet paper is worth your money)

Dont get me wrong the actual game play is great, if not identical to the last one. However it just feels like a port of the ps2 version. With nothing extra. Graphics are poor, sound is poor, and the lack of anything new is very poor.

Fifa 07 is a far superior next gen footy game... and if it wasn't for some minor issues... such as the "at times impossible to get a shot on target shooting" and some bad animations between players batteling for the ball. I think it would of been the better footy game on 360. As it stands i'd say they were equal.

I've not been a fifa fan for 10 years or more... but at least i've seen great improvement over their last 3 games. I don't see konami making the effort.

Konami need to get their act together and try and make their gamer better not just add a number onto the box.

If you got the last game... i'd just boot that up instead. Definetly rent before you buy.
360 has the best games FACT <--- That's a Link by the way, go on, click it
justd 36

Postby User removed » 05 Jan 2010, 21:25

This thread is great, thanks alot for posting I learneded something.
User removed