Pure

Your comments on our articles.

Disney cook up a treat with a slice of MotorStorm and a pinch of SSX

What does the word Pure make you think of? An abstinence of immoral vices? An untouched tropical beach? Orange juice? We'll hedge our bets and guess that 99.9% of people won't be thinking of ATVs racing around cliff tops. OK, so it's only a name, but tell that to the makers of Juiced who've had their series written-off because nobody knew what it was about amongst established titles like Need For Speed, Burnout and Ridge Racer. It's the same situation for Disney's off-road racer as it goes up against established names like MotorStorm, MX vs. ATV and DiRT.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Pure

Postby User removed » 24 Sep 2008, 11:42

I certainly enjoyed the demo and you can find it online for unde £30 but I already have motorstorm 2 on pre-order for £30. There's too many other games out in the next 2 months to make me want to buy this - had it come out in the summer it would probably get better sales
User removed

Pure

Postby ensabahnur » 24 Sep 2008, 11:43

do any racing games have a split-screen mode anymore? seriously, some of us still have friends who actually come round to our houses and then have to take turns playing some racing games now. if SSX could do split-screen surely these next gen consoles should be able to chew it up.
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Pure

Postby _Marty_ » 24 Sep 2008, 11:44

And Buckcherry do the song used in the TV ad too
*thumbs up*
NEO ANARCHIST AND BEST BANG SINCE THE BIG ONE

"RIP my baby kitty - forever in our hearts"
_Marty_ 59

Xbox Live: Da Sausageman

Re: Pure

Postby ParmaViolet » 24 Sep 2008, 12:38

jimmygoogle wrote:I certainly enjoyed the demo and you can find it online for unde £30 but I already have motorstorm 2 on pre-order for £30. There's too many other games out in the next 2 months to make me want to buy this - had it come out in the summer it would probably get better sales

I'm inclined to agree - way too much competition over the next few weeks for this title to get the sales that it may have achieved at another time.

Seems enjoyable enough - demo was good, great visuals, decent feeling of speed....I've already allocated my funds for the next couple of months though, so I won't be picking this up.

:)
ParmaViolet 66

Postby Megadroid » 24 Sep 2008, 12:41

Pure is fantastic fun. I'm buying it for definite.

Always intended to buy one offroad racer this year... so it was a choice between this and Motorstorm 2. After comparing demos, I mich prefer this. Roll on Friday. :)
Megadroid 37

Postby wudragon » 24 Sep 2008, 14:34

Megadroid wrote:Pure is fantastic fun. I'm buying it for definite.

Always intended to buy one offroad racer this year... so it was a choice between this and Motorstorm 2. After comparing demos, I mich prefer this. Roll on Friday. :)

I'm with you Megadroid - come Friday, this game will be in my collection for definite!
wudragon 50

Postby Salt The Fries » 24 Sep 2008, 14:48

Nice that 7.5 point review didn't put you off guys, as some people tend to act. Especially that you liked the demo and you actually can think for yourselves.
Salt The Fries 21

Postby Mark240473 » 24 Sep 2008, 15:16

You can't always base your opinion of a game on a 1 track demo, but here goes:

The demo was fun for about 10 minutes but then the lack of depth shone through. Where were the monstrous crashes, with bodies and car-parts flying around? Where was the challenge? Why were the visuals really good but boring at the same time? Could I enjoy endless, samey gameplay with different tracks? No. Any other vehicle types? No. Purchase? No.
This post was brought to you by SarkyMarky.
Mark240473 64

Xbox Live: BobozeTheBear
PSN ID: MarkyUK

Postby BYDO » 25 Sep 2008, 01:02

Mark240473 wrote:You can't always base your opinion of a game on a 1 track demo, but here goes:

The demo was fun for about 10 minutes but then the lack of depth shone through. Where were the monstrous crashes, with bodies and car-parts flying around? Where was the challenge? Why were the visuals really good but boring at the same time? Could I enjoy endless, samey gameplay with different tracks? No. Any other vehicle types? No. Purchase? No.

Yeah but who gives a f**k what you think? I enjoyed it and at the moment it p**ses on Motorstorm 2 (demo vs demo)

Oh, and there are no 'car parts flying around cos there are no frigging cars in the game douch bag!
BYDO 56

Postby Megadroid » 25 Sep 2008, 11:43

Mark240473 wrote:The demo was fun for about 10 minutes but then the lack of depth shone through.
I've played the demo 3 or 4 times and still liked it each time. I've read/watched a bunch of reviews and a lot of them do mention that there isn't a lot of depth to the whole thing, but I think it's made up for by the amount of pure and simple fun you can have with the game. I've also compared the demos of this and Motorstorm 2, as I said, and preferred this. Don't worry yourself about where my money is going Mark, I've done the research. :wink:

I'm all for deep epic games, but once in a while I like to play a game that gives me a break from the serious stuff and lets me just hurl myself around a track at crazy speeds, doing tricks and having fun. I really like what I've seen so far, I want to see more, so I'm buying it.
On top of that, there's nothing else that interests me coming out for another few weeks, so Pure should fill that gap nicely.
Megadroid 37

Postby Random Hangman » 25 Sep 2008, 15:38

BYDO wrote:Yeah but who gives a f**k what you think? I enjoyed it and at the moment it p**ses on Motorstorm 2 (demo vs demo)

Oh, and there are no 'car parts flying around cos there are no frigging cars in the game douch bag!

There's an 'e' on the end of "Douche", Genius
Random Hangman 58

Postby BYDO » 25 Sep 2008, 23:45

Random Hangman wrote:
BYDO wrote:Yeah but who gives a f**k what you think? I enjoyed it and at the moment it p**ses on Motorstorm 2 (demo vs demo)

There's an 'e' on the end of "Douche", Genius

Damn spell checker! :oops:
BYDO 56

Postby a3HeadedMonkey » 27 Sep 2008, 00:51

Only a douche would allow his spell checker to check the word "douche". :P
a3HeadedMonkey 69

Re: Pure

Postby nuggit3000 » 27 Sep 2008, 10:53

ensabahnur wrote:do any racing games have a split-screen mode anymore? seriously, some of us still have friends who actually come round to our houses and then have to take turns playing some racing games now. if SSX could do split-screen surely these next gen consoles should be able to chew it up.

Dont worry, the only negative point in the first Motorstorm has been rectified for the sequel.

There is split screen 2 player on MS2
Xbox live gamer tag: The Slythe
PC gaming tag: Slythe
PS3 tag: TheSlythe
nuggit3000 61

Xbox Live: TheSlythe
PSN ID: TheSlythe

Postby BYDO » 28 Sep 2008, 00:52

a3HeadedMonkey wrote:Only a douche would allow his spell checker to check the word "douche". :P

Whats your problem man? Did I upset you or something? :roll:
BYDO 56

Next