Spider-Man: Web of Shadows

Your comments on our articles.

Marvel's super swinger is making a comeback in Web Of Shadows!

It's fair to say that Spider-Man games of late haven't exactly been inspiring representations of everyone's favourite neighbourhood wall crawler. Last year's sloppy third entry in the filmic tie-ins was passable at best, and the enormously dull, kiddyfied Spider-Man: Friend Or Foe was what most considered a character-killing travesty. No more than a year on, and Activision is returning once more to the blockbusting franchise for something - they hope - that is seen as an entirely different iteration on the web spinner.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows

Postby Mark240473 » 25 Jul 2008, 10:04

The day that I can swing through an office block window, wink at the receptionist, grab a cup of tea and jump out again, all to the beats of some 90's happy house, will be the day that I buy another Spiderman game.

Not too much to ask, is it?
This post was brought to you by SarkyMarky.
Mark240473 64

Xbox Live: BobozeTheBear
PSN ID: MarkyUK

Re: Spider-Man: Web of Shadows

Postby MrPirtniw » 25 Jul 2008, 10:34

Mark240473 wrote:The day that I can swing through an office block window, wink at the receptionist, grab a cup of tea and jump out again, all to the beats of some 90's happy house, will be the day that I buy another Spiderman game.

Not too much to ask, is it?

Does Spidey drink tea? I agree though, the spiderman games have been a bit lame so far- though web-slinging through the city is great fun- the combat was dire! T'was almost as bad as the Spiderman 3 movie itself!
However, as a huge fan of the character, I'll reserve judgement on this one- I'm hoping after all the games Activision have made featuring Spidey, they might have learnt what works and what doesn't.

But 'Web of Shadows' is an awful name- was that plucked straight from the comics?
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Xbox Live: Tysh0
PSN ID: MrPirtniw

Postby Budly Moore » 25 Jul 2008, 11:42

LOOK OUT OUT SPIDEY! Theres an open fanny on your back!
[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/mogwha][img]http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/544/mogwha.png[/img][/url]
Budly Moore 49

Postby lonewolf2002 » 25 Jul 2008, 13:23

Budly Moore wrote:LOOK OUT OUT SPIDEY! Theres an open f***y on your back!

You've been with some strange women.
What you need to remember is that there's what people want to hear, there's what people want to believe, there's everything else, THEN there's the truth!

360 Lon3Wolf2002

PSN lone_WOLF2002

Steam lonewolf10
lonewolf2002 64

Re: Spider-Man: Web of Shadows

Postby Shadow_Fury » 25 Jul 2008, 14:58

MrPirtniw wrote:But 'Web of Shadows' is an awful name- was that plucked straight from the comics?

plucked straight from a bionicle movie >_<
Shadow_Fury 48

Postby venomguy » 09 Aug 2008, 10:18

*Sigh* I really want this game to be good, just for the sake of having a good ps3 spidey game. I liked spider-man 2 and ultimate spiderman.
venomguy 8