Ready at Dawn finished with PSP

Your comments on our articles.

Dev behind two of PSP's biggest games has no more plans to develop for the handheld

Developer Ready at Dawn, responsible for two of the PSP's biggest titles of recent years, has reiterated that it has no intention of developing for Sony's handheld any longer.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Ready at Dawn finished with PSP

Postby FLStyle » 10 Jun 2008, 13:44

A pity, these guys seemed like one of the few developers to really give the PSP a chance, although it says a lot when the smaller developers use the PSP as a mere stepping stone to getting into the next-gen scene. Good luck to them.
https://twitter.com/FLStyle
R.I.P. PSM3 2000-2012
FLStyle 55

Postby microhenry » 10 Jun 2008, 15:37

Ah crap, I was just getting into my PSP again realising that its games catalogue suits my taste far more than my DS's does...

But now the best developers are bailing on the system, leaving Sony and its 2nd parties to keep it up, a bit like Ninty and the Wii. For god's sake please bring out some more good shooting games on PSP!
I love the taste of Pikmin in the morning.

PSN/Steam: Mozz-eyes

[b]N64 is the [u]ONLY[/u] console[/b]
microhenry 48

Postby sammyone » 11 Jun 2008, 00:37

I think they are a small company who used the hardware to show off their obviously excellent coding skills. I imagine it is more about them wanting to move to new pastures and not be restricted by the limitations of handheld gaming.

They did there job and proved a lot to other developers about what can be done with the machine.

Credit where credit is due.
sammyone 34

Postby dodgy1 » 11 Jun 2008, 09:45

sammyone wrote:I think they are a small company who used the hardware to show off their obviously excellent coding skills. I imagine it is more about them wanting to move to new pastures and not be restricted by the limitations of handheld gaming.

They did there job and proved a lot to other developers about what can be done with the machine.

Credit where credit is due.

Agreed.
dodgy1 43