to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Zelda GC Heads to Euro shops

Your comments on our articles.

Nintendo confirms to CVG that Twilight Princess on GameCube will go on sale in the shops across Europe.

After recent news that the GameCube version of Zelda: Twilight Princess will only be sold online in Japan, Nintendo has told CVG: "Zelda: Twilight Princess on GameCube will be available via the usual retail channels in Europe."... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Zelda GC Heads to Euro shops

Postby maugrim2712 » 12 Oct 2006, 13:23

Great :? Cause all the shops i know still sell gamecube games. Don't really care what way it's sold, i'm going for Wii.
Gamertag: ciaran2712
User avatar
maugrim2712 63
 
Posts: 2219
Joined: 16 Mar 2006, 00:54
Location: United Kingdom

Zelda GC Heads to Euro shops

Postby toppin101 » 12 Oct 2006, 13:24

panic over!
Nes, Mega drive, Amiga1200, Gameboy, Playstation, GBA, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, DSlite, xbox360
toppin101 47
 
Posts: 51
Joined: 25 Apr 2006, 14:12
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Wayneo1 » 12 Oct 2006, 13:29

Forums simmer across the globe....I'll stick with the Wii though.
Wayneo1 31
 
Posts: 31
Joined: 23 Oct 2000, 10:45

Postby gbenlcfc » 12 Oct 2006, 13:47

People over reacted to this so much, especially on GameSpot. Pathetic. Anyway, good news but like most people, i'm getting it on Wii anyway. Why people think the Cube version is superior, i have no idea!
gbenlcfc 44
 
Posts: 487
Joined: 11 May 2005, 12:39
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Knight » 12 Oct 2006, 14:12

Meh. I'm getting a Wii on launch with Zelda, so whatever. I hope there's not going to be disappointed kids all across Europe on Christmas Day because their parents have bought them a Wii version to play on their old 'Cube.
Knight 55
 
Posts: 481
Joined: 17 Nov 2003, 12:15
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Wayneo1 » 12 Oct 2006, 14:50

I wonder if a tingle tuner type device will be used in the game?

I'd be screwed with the GC version as my GBA is long gone, plus I never had the cable!!

My DS lite will wi-fi itself to the Wii:-) Can only dream I suppose.

(However maybe the GC version will turn out to be one of those expensive sellers on Ebay in the future? I'm still sitting on Panzer Dragoon Saga hope to retire on the profit one day!)

I read the gamespot feeback too, those crazy yanks eh,whats teh problem with buying online? even less of a warranty, who knows.

Also just had a look on Amazon and Phantom Hourglass seems to have had a slight slip to March 2007. Is this nintendo anti PS3 tactic for Europe?

I've rambled a bit sorry guys...and girls..(maybe?)
Wayneo1 31
 
Posts: 31
Joined: 23 Oct 2000, 10:45

Postby gbenlcfc » 12 Oct 2006, 15:05

Wayneo1 wrote:I wonder if a tingle tuner type device will be used in the game?

I'd be screwed with the GC version as my GBA is long gone, plus I never had the cable!!

My DS lite will wi-fi itself to the Wii:-) Can only dream I suppose.

(However maybe the GC version will turn out to be one of those expensive sellers on Ebay in the future? I'm still sitting on Panzer Dragoon Saga hope to retire on the profit one day!)

I read the gamespot feeback too, those crazy yanks eh,whats teh problem with buying online? even less of a warranty, who knows.

Also just had a look on Amazon and Phantom Hourglass seems to have had a slight slip to March 2007. Is this nintendo anti PS3 tactic for Europe?

I've rambled a bit sorry guys...and girls..(maybe?)


One person on GameSpot said something like "i hope Nintendo go bankrupt for this"!!!!! Mad! See that one?!

I really can't see Phantom Hourglass hurting Ps3 much. Nintendo could release Mario Galaxy and Smash Bros to hurt Sony. I think that would hurt! :D
gbenlcfc 44
 
Posts: 487
Joined: 11 May 2005, 12:39
Location: United Kingdom

Postby BadMunkey » 12 Oct 2006, 16:08

gbenlcfc wrote:
One person on GameSpot said something like "i hope Nintendo go bankrupt for this"!!!!! Mad! See that one?!



they are mental on that site, i remember reading a post saying that all DSs lites should be recalled and Nintendo should stop selling them all together because some consoles have a small crack in the join on the connections between the screens lol good news on Zelda TW all tho like i said else where my local GAME say they ain't stocking it. got a Wii perorderd with it anyway so im not worried
BadMunkey 21
 
Posts: 47
Joined: 23 Aug 2006, 21:57
Location: United Kingdom

Postby User removed » 12 Oct 2006, 17:34

nintendo are really pissing me off.
I only just heard that they were thinking of NOT releaseing it?!?!
thats a ridiculous notion to start off with!!
I was very happy when I heard they were making this game..
only recently.. nintendo with their magical WII have been f**king everything up.
I just want zelda.
I on't give 2 s**ts about a wavy magic wand or stupid mtion sensors.
I just want zelda.
User removed
 

Postby ramsingh1 » 12 Oct 2006, 18:37

gbenlcfc wrote:People over reacted to this so much, especially on GameSpot. Pathetic. Anyway, good news but like most people, i'm getting it on Wii anyway. Why people think the Cube version is superior, i have no idea!


LOL. I never read their forums. They are just so aggresive and offensive if you say anything.

I think people see the GC version as the "best" version. The game was originally designed for that system and people see the WII's new control implementation as a gimick add on.
User avatar
ramsingh1 48
 
Posts: 915
Joined: 06 Oct 2001, 00:11
Location: United Kingdom

Postby shadowsblaze » 12 Oct 2006, 18:57

tremault wrote:nintendo are really pissing me off.
I only just heard that they were thinking of NOT releaseing it?!?!
thats a ridiculous notion to start off with!!
I was very happy when I heard they were making this game..
only recently.. nintendo with their magical WII have been f**king everything up.
I just want zelda.
I on't give 2 s**ts about a wavy magic wand or stupid mtion sensors.
I just want zelda.


Brilliant impression of the Americans on Gamespot!! Nice one. :lol: :lol:

If they are releasing Zelda on the Gamecube, chances are, you'll only be able to get it on-line and if you pre-order it. I doubt many shops will stock it as they will be more interested in selling the Wii version to push Nintendo's new console.

As for why alot of people are more interested in buying the Gamecube version, 2 reasons. The first obviously is because it was originally designed for the Gamecube. Second reason and probably the main one is to do with the control method. The Gamecube version uses the tried and tested method that has been used since Ocarina of Time. People are familiar with it and knows how well it works. The Wii version uses a completely different control method, one that many people are concerned about because it's never been used before. It may work just as well as the Gamecube version, maybe better for all we know, but alot of people tend to choose the devil you know rather than the devil you don't.
shadowsblaze 55
 
Posts: 706
Joined: 18 May 2003, 12:12
Location: United Kingdom

Postby dinsfire » 12 Oct 2006, 20:01

Third reason some people aren't ready to spend another £180+ on a new console but still want to play the new Zelda game. :P
User avatar
dinsfire 64
 
Posts: 1795
Joined: 22 Apr 2004, 18:54
Location: United Kingdom
Xbox Live: Dinsfire

Postby Dellinator » 13 Oct 2006, 10:15

gbenlcfc wrote:People over reacted to this so much, especially on GameSpot. Pathetic. Anyway, good news but like most people, i'm getting it on Wii anyway. Why people think the Cube version is superior, i have no idea!


Because.

a)People aren't willing to buy a new console for a game that's on the previous system.

b)It's the only reason why people actually kept their gamecube since Zelda TP got delayed last year.

c)People aren't willing to use the wiimote for the inevitable gaming hours on end.

It's not a case of which version is superior it's the fact that people think it's more fun played with a traditional controller just as some people think it's more fun waving their arms around.
Dellinator 22
 
Posts: 46
Joined: 13 Sep 2003, 13:45
Location: United Kingdom

Postby gbenlcfc » 13 Oct 2006, 10:59

Dellinator wrote:
gbenlcfc wrote:People over reacted to this so much, especially on GameSpot. Pathetic. Anyway, good news but like most people, i'm getting it on Wii anyway. Why people think the Cube version is superior, i have no idea!


Because.

a)People aren't willing to buy a new console for a game that's on the previous system.

b)It's the only reason why people actually kept their gamecube since Zelda TP got delayed last year.

c)People aren't willing to use the wiimote for the inevitable gaming hours on end.

It's not a case of which version is superior it's the fact that people think it's more fun played with a traditional controller just as some people think it's more fun waving their arms around.



a) Don't buy Wii for Zelda then. Buy it for Red Steel, Wii Sports, Wario Ware, Mario, Metroid...

b) If you want to sell your Cube, sell it, but there has been many good games released in that time, if not, i'm sure there are many that were released that you hadn't bought before.

c) People are willing to use the Wii Remote for everything else, why not Zelda!!!???

I don't get it.
gbenlcfc 44
 
Posts: 487
Joined: 11 May 2005, 12:39
Location: United Kingdom

Postby maugrim2712 » 13 Oct 2006, 14:12

I don't get why people are so against the Wii version also. Nintendo have spent a whole year fine tuning the game for the remote, and probably changing a lot of it. Now i think that's a lot more time on controls than they would have spent on the Gamecube version. It may have originally been a Gamecube game, but i wouldn't be surprised if the Wii version has extra areas or puzzles that have been added in the last year.
Gamertag: ciaran2712
User avatar
maugrim2712 63
 
Posts: 2219
Joined: 16 Mar 2006, 00:54
Location: United Kingdom

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

The forum teamDelete all forum cookiesAll times are UTC [ DST ]