to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy

Your comments on our articles.

Block-busting sequel a force to be reckoned with

... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy

Postby Aircool_212 » 23 Sep 2006, 11:44

I love this game so much (PC version) that I've even reinstalled the first one for extra unlockable characters.

Once you've built a few minikits, the minikit minigame challenge becomes available which is a riot of mindless destruction. With 2 players, even better (shoot your mate to steal is studs, er if you know what I mean). An 8 way online mode with bigger arenas is the only thing missing, it would have been utterly fantastic. Someone pleeeeeease put that in for the minigame challenges.

Once you've unlocked enough variable characters, making up your own Star Wars character is fun in itself. Grand Moff Greedo is my favourite with the real deal Darth Vader as his tag mate.

Even when left alone for a few seconds, each characters personality shines through. Greedo constantly mutter the immortal geek words 'som-pee-ta-lay' to himself. Han Solo grins, winks and wiggles his eyebrows at you. Darth Vader just crosses his arms and impatiently taps his feet.

Hand to hand combat is also great fun as each character has their own style (Princess Leia's bitch slap being one of the more amusing).

Sure, the storymode may be short (but you'll come back for the ones without true jedi status) but there's so much more. Storymode only shows you a small part of the levels and you ain't seen nothing until you've seen the Stormtrooper shower room (pants and helmets are the only clothing required).

Grand Moff Aircool

Whatever platform you own, this game is a must.

Oh, I forgot to mention, some characters (greedo is the only one I'm certain of) can to a double jump and fire off their guns rapid fire....ok you say, but the coolest part is they fire 'gangsta style'. Not very Star Wars, but very subtle and it makes you grin :D
Aircool_212 50