to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Pre-orders get Bad Company demo first

Your comments on our articles.

Everyone else gets it a week later, confirms EA

EA has confirmed that the demo for Battlefield: Bad Company will hit Xbox Live and PSN on June 5.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby mandrillboy » 21 May 2008, 14:51

Isnt the idea of a demo that you try it BEFORE you order?

:shock:
mandrillboy 47

Postby Rob S London » 21 May 2008, 14:55

Is it so you can cancel your pre-order if you decide that it's a bit 'haze'?

Sounds a bit daft to me
XBL - Rob S London
PSN Batteredsausage
Rob S London 48

Xbox Live: Rob S London
PSN ID: batteredsausage

Postby jayd33_203 » 21 May 2008, 15:01

What about the Uk? :shock: when do we get to pre-order/play demo early...take it only america?

their website says: "Participating EU retailers to be added"
jayd33_203 21

Postby wudragon » 21 May 2008, 15:10

Could anyone who has played the beta please post and tell us if the game is any good or not?
wudragon 50

Postby Mark240473 » 21 May 2008, 15:16

wudragon wrote:Could anyone who has played the beta please post and tell us if the game is any good or not?

* A solitary tumbleweed rolls slowly by *
This post was brought to you by SarkyMarky.
Mark240473 64

Xbox Live: BobozeTheBear
PSN ID: MarkyUK

Postby User removed » 21 May 2008, 15:23

I have been looking forward to this for some time. DICE are one of the best devs around IMO and have high hopes for this!
User removed

Postby funkyjack » 21 May 2008, 15:37

I'll be getting this regardless, so the demo doesn't interest me.
He who nades, always wins...
funkyjack 60

Xbox Live: Chimera Six
PSN ID: D1RTYRAT
Steam: C3ll_DirtyRat

Postby Bravo2Zero1989 » 21 May 2008, 16:33

again, old news. i received an e-mail from EA about this 1-2 weeks ago. the pre-order offer also gives you a sniper rifle to use from the start instead ranking up to unlock, plus a battlefield bad company key ring. but the listed online retailers were only american.
I see you around, "Carrier Boy"
PSN: Bravo2Zero1989
Bravo2Zero1989 23

Postby bohbag2000 » 21 May 2008, 18:22

What a brilliant idea, this can only possibly have a negative affect on the number of pre-orders
bohbag2000 40

Postby JOEuk91 » 21 May 2008, 18:26

wudragon wrote:Could anyone who has played the beta please post and tell us if the game is any good or not?

Personally, I didnt think the beta was that great. It had alot of issues such as vehicles taking too much damage before they are destroyed, taking too much damage when you fall from heights, the fact that the health system doesnt regenerate which is common place in FPS games recently. I didnt think the 'Gold rush' mode was that great compared to Conquest. The guns in the game are all pretty much seem the same and I think the enemy takes WAY too much damage before they die. You cannot go prone which is quite an issue when you want to snipe because you are too exposed. I didnt like how the enemy is marked with a red dot above their heads which shows where they are, which is pretty annoying. You cannot parachute out of helicopters which may be unrealistic but would be a fun feature. On the plus side the graphics are good and the destructable environments are a great feature.

I know it was only a beta but i cant see all these problems being resolves before the release date in a months time. I found battlefield modern combat on ps2 alot more fun to play personally. but hey this is just my opinion :D
JOEuk91 42

Postby Bravo2Zero1989 » 21 May 2008, 21:12

JOEuk91- hmmm by reading your post it seems they've put something good in it (the destruction) but taken some features out like crawling and parachutes.

i had battlefield 2 on PC (sadly, according to EA my PC OS [XP Media Centre] doesn't seem to be compatible with the game as it randomly crashes), great game. and had battlefield 2 on PS2, i haven't had that a long time, sold it because BF2 for PC, anyway BF2 PS2 also had those annoying red dots to point out your opponents, i only remember 2 game modes for it, conquest and CTF.

i think i remember getting a news letter from the battlefield section of EA, that due to high demand, they are going to put the conquest game mode on bad company, but i think it will come by a update.

also i haven't really thought about it, but since CoD2 or Halo, FPS games seem now to have health regeneration, what happened to the good old health packs like in the old medal of honor? it will make the game more challenging, especially for online games
I see you around, "Carrier Boy"
PSN: Bravo2Zero1989
Bravo2Zero1989 23

Postby wudragon » 22 May 2008, 09:56

JOEuk91 wrote:

Personally, I didnt think the beta was that great. It had alot of issues such as vehicles taking too much damage before they are destroyed, taking too much damage when you fall from heights, the fact that the health system doesnt regenerate which is common place in FPS games recently. I didnt think the 'Gold rush' mode was that great compared to Conquest. The guns in the game are all pretty much seem the same and I think the enemy takes WAY too much damage before they die. You cannot go prone which is quite an issue when you want to snipe because you are too exposed. I didnt like how the enemy is marked with a red dot above their heads which shows where they are, which is pretty annoying. You cannot parachute out of helicopters which may be unrealistic but would be a fun feature. On the plus side the graphics are good and the destructable environments are a great feature.

I know it was only a beta but i cant see all these problems being resolves before the release date in a months time. I found battlefield modern combat on ps2 alot more fun to play personally. but hey this is just my opinion :D

Thanks a lot Joe, that's appreciated.
wudragon 50