to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

GC Zelda ready for Christmas

Your comments on our articles.

Should be in the shops by mid-December after all --phew!

Nintendo fanboys can breathe again: The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess will, after all, be coming to the UK in time for this Christmas.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

GC Zelda ready for Christmas

Postby Garfunkle20 » 19 Sep 2006, 12:59

As long as it is still coming out for the Wii on time, I'm happy...
Garfunkle20 17

Postby GiarcYekrub » 19 Sep 2006, 15:17

I was gonna get it for Wii if the Wii was £150 but I ain't sold on the remote idea yet so I think my GC has some life left in her yet.
GiarcYekrub 35

Postby dandoc2 » 19 Sep 2006, 15:27

the only thing im wondering is can you buy the gamecube version of zelda and play it on the wii as i dnt like the control system for this game looks too tacky
dandoc2 53

Postby User removed » 19 Sep 2006, 16:08

dandoc2 wrote:the only thing im wondering is can you buy the gamecube version of zelda and play it on the wii as i dnt like the control system for this game looks too tacky

technically you should be able to .
the wii is suposed to be fully backwards compatible..

I never wnted the wii version of this game anyway, so I'm more than a bit mifed that they delayed this version for the sake of teh wii.

if they hadn't gone messing about with stupid controller schemes, the cube version would have been out a lot sooner.
User removed

Postby mowglippml » 19 Sep 2006, 16:53

but come on it's less than £180

yeah, but i already have a GC and the game will cost £40 or less. My mind's made up, I can hold for a Wii.
mowglippml 42

Postby shadowsblaze » 19 Sep 2006, 19:42

tremault wrote:
dandoc2 wrote:the only thing im wondering is can you buy the gamecube version of zelda and play it on the wii as i dnt like the control system for this game looks too tacky

technically you should be able to .
the wii is suposed to be fully backwards compatible..

I never wnted the wii version of this game anyway, so I'm more than a bit mifed that they delayed this version for the sake of teh wii.

if they hadn't gone messing about with stupid controller schemes, the cube version would have been out a lot sooner.

The Wii will be backwards compatible with all Gamecube games so you will have no problem playing the Gamecube version of Twilight Princess on the Wii.
shadowsblaze 55

Postby Chris_Eals » 19 Sep 2006, 21:02

You can play it on the Wii as its fully compatible but you'll be using a Gamecube controller rather than the Wii one.
Chris_Eals 44

Postby dandoc2 » 19 Sep 2006, 22:00

thanks- now the problem for ninty is that ppl might just buy the gamecube version to play on the wii e.g madden as the wii version will give you arthritis but the gamecube version is a lazy boys afternoon :wink:
dandoc2 53

Postby potnoodle1 » 19 Sep 2006, 22:52

I can see that a lot of people are probably going to prefer to use a standard controller, while the wonderwand will no doubt also get its fan base. Personally I'd like to have a choice between the two, but I guess that's asking too much from Nintendo. I’m still of two minds about whether I’ll really enjoy it all that much, despite Nintendo’s claim of it being ‘fun’. I mean can you imagine how much your arm would ache if you’re playing a FPS for a few hours, keeping your arm pointed at the TV. The wand seems more about quick gaming sessions as apposed to wasting away long hours, but I’ll reserve my judgement until I’ve actually played the thing.

It all depends really on what types of games make it to the console. Obviously some games are going to be better suited to one form of controller over the other. I can't really see a complex fighter working all that well on the Wii with the wonderwand. A boxing game yeah (now that does sound like fun - you could punch your mate sitting next to you and watch as your character does the same :lol:) but something like Virtua Fighter or Dead or Alive just wouldn't work with the wand, and doesn't really fit in with Nintendo's idea of simple games for all people. Quite a pity really, as it seems the Wii will miss out on a lot of good games.
potnoodle1 52

Postby maugrim2712 » 20 Sep 2006, 09:14

You don't have to keep the Wiimote pointed at the TV. IF you read the developer blogs on the Red Steel website, they say they having the wand in one hand resting on your leg, and making small movements, works better than being over the top and playing it like you're in one of the promo photo's.
maugrim2712 63

Postby myoldfruity » 20 Sep 2006, 10:01

Im just gonna get it on the cube and wait for the Wii till after Xmas and my money gets sorted out.
Xbox Live (360) Gamertag: SafeN8dog

-----------------------------------

Like a train through a pigeon.
myoldfruity 53

Postby seancuk23 » 26 Sep 2006, 16:19

I am worried that the cube version wll be less graphiclly pleasing and i might be missing out on some extra dungons and perhaps an amped up version as a whole. Im gonna go for the wii version as the new control system looks interesting and judging from the screens and videos i think gamecube owners(including my self) may regret not playing twalight princess on the wii :?
seancuk23 53