Exclusive in-game Age of Conan footage

Your comments on our articles.

Funcom's game flexes its MMO biceps in two new movies

Unless you've been hiding under a slimy rock over the past few months you'll be well aware that Funcom's MMO Age of Conan charges into the UK and Europe on May 23.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Exclusive in-game Age of Conan footage

Postby SuperCinos » 09 May 2008, 20:45

Was looking forward to this game, but now it just looks like a massive grindfest. Pity, I was hoping for so much more. :cry:
SuperCinos 54

Postby Miss Marvellous » 10 May 2008, 00:25

So what did look like a fresh take on the mmo turns out to be another clone although with a s**t combat system.

What a shame.
Miss Marvellous 40

Postby User removed » 10 May 2008, 07:20

It's been rushed out at the last minute to try and get a few sales before Warhammer hits the shelves.

It really needs another 6-7 months to sort out all the problems.
Just watch the servers crash on launch.

Oh, and any bets on the first patch being over 6 gig?
User removed

Postby Demoki » 11 May 2008, 03:29

Relant2000 wrote:It's been rushed out at the last minute to try and get a few sales before Warhammer hits the shelves.

It really needs another 6-7 months to sort out all the problems.
Just watch the servers crash on launch.

Oh, and any bets on the first patch being over 6 gig?

WOW servers at launch... Hardly any mmo has smooth launch. There comes a time when you have to get it out, baring in mind it has already been delayed, what, a year and a half?
Demoki 51

Postby Oneohfour » 11 May 2008, 15:59

I doubt it is been rushed out at the last moment considering how long its been in development (the release date of 23/05/08 was announced ages ago) and they have moved the release date a few times to fine tune the game. Having said that it doesn't mean it will be without its fair share of bugs but if you want something like this this side of 2010 then thats what you get. WoW, LOTRO, Guild Wars etc all had and still do have bugs, glitches and from time to time server problems. If the first major patch for this is over 6 gig I will eat my hat! Nonsense.
Oneohfour 32

Postby marduk82 » 11 May 2008, 22:03

I never buy games until they are 100% bug free.

I never buy games.
marduk82 26

Postby User removed » 13 May 2008, 20:25

Well....what a complete load of cr*p.
This is such a total fiasko compared to what they set out to do. It's truly pathetic that he has to compare everything with WoW and whatever.

F**king idiots making another clone that COOULD have been a fantastic game.
User removed

Postby Cintas » 18 May 2008, 23:12

I think you're being overly harsh, WoW or WAR fans perhaps. It's not just another clone, there are some genuine innovations and the look, feel and level of detail in the environment is stunning.
Cintas 22