to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

New in-game Far Cry 2 footage

Your comments on our articles.

Gameplay sneaked into latest dev diary

2007 was a real treat for shooter fans with several massive FPSs launching. But while there may not be as many queuing like last year, there's still quality to be found in them there bullet-sprayed 2008 hills.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby CrippledHooba » 07 May 2008, 13:36

I've been looking forward to this for a while now, can't wait. I hope my pc can play it, otherwise it will have to be an xbox purchase for me.
CrippledHooba 49

Xbox Live: DarkDralen
PSN ID: CrippledHooba
Steam: Dralen

Postby Waste_Manager » 07 May 2008, 13:36

I want this so bad, looks immense.
Waste_Manager 47

Postby User removed » 07 May 2008, 13:57

I'll be picking up the ps3 version.
User removed

Postby funkyjack » 07 May 2008, 14:12

looks yummy, better than Crysis
He who nades, always wins...
funkyjack 60

Xbox Live: Chimera Six
PSN ID: D1RTYRAT
Steam: C3ll_DirtyRat

Postby flyingbunny » 07 May 2008, 15:11

each year just gets better. halo 3(x360), crysis(pc), gta(ps3), gears of war(x360).

still got far cry 2(x360), gears of war 2(x360), haze(ps3)

next year.... killzone 2

just gets better and better.

even better, im buying my second x360 and they are getting cheaper, life is great.
flyingbunny 39

Postby hollywood111 » 07 May 2008, 15:18

i havent seen it yet, but dont tell me, bet it shows a load of leafs & plants in a jungle?.
hollywood111 50

Postby gogo65uk » 07 May 2008, 15:35

Oh wow another fantastic looking FPS game *yawn* but apart from pretty graphics what does this offer in terms of game play? takes more than pretty graphics to make a good game pc players would be wise to know this having played most of the ground breaking FPS for the last 10 years they are all basically the same damn thing just graphics improve all well and good sprouting pcs offer best graphics but they are basically the same game over and over again. just funny when people get all aroused over a few sexy images and saying I can't wait to play this then later oh it was okay pretty similar to last one I played. Some folks are just too easily satisfied.
gogo65uk 50

Postby User removed » 07 May 2008, 15:56

gogo65uk wrote:Oh wow another fantastic looking FPS game *yawn* but apart from pretty graphics what does this offer in terms of game play? takes more than pretty graphics to make a good game pc players would be wise to know this having played most of the ground breaking FPS for the last 10 years they are all basically the same damn thing just graphics improve all well and good sprouting pcs offer best graphics but they are basically the same game over and over again. just funny when people get all aroused over a few sexy images and saying I can't wait to play this then later oh it was okay pretty similar to last one I played. Some folks are just too easily satisfied.

You need to do some research on Farcry 2. This is far more than just another FPS.
User removed

Postby CrippledHooba » 07 May 2008, 16:43

Johnny_5 wrote:
gogo65uk wrote:Oh wow another fantastic looking FPS game *yawn* but apart from pretty graphics what does this offer in terms of game play? takes more than pretty graphics to make a good game pc players would be wise to know this having played most of the ground breaking FPS for the last 10 years they are all basically the same damn thing just graphics improve all well and good sprouting pcs offer best graphics but they are basically the same game over and over again. just funny when people get all aroused over a few sexy images and saying I can't wait to play this then later oh it was okay pretty similar to last one I played. Some folks are just too easily satisfied.

You need to do some research on Farcry 2. This is far more than just another FPS.

You really do need to do some research before dissing a game you obviously know nothing about.
CrippledHooba 49

Xbox Live: DarkDralen
PSN ID: CrippledHooba
Steam: Dralen

Postby gogo65uk » 07 May 2008, 23:02

my xbox360 rrod on me before I could get the chance to play FC2 but I don't imagine its much different a bit of sneaking here and there maybe? hardly makes a ground breaking game. But nice to see some people always take the bait. Always makes leaving comments on here so funny when you get the little girls that bite so easily :lol: :lol:
gogo65uk 50

Postby loopy bubbletush » 07 May 2008, 23:56

Wall of ill-researched text crits me for 10k.

(L2paragraph)
loopy bubbletush 55

Postby Random Hangman » 08 May 2008, 12:00

gogo65uk wrote:my xbox360 rrod on me before I could get the chance to play FC2 but I don't imagine its much different a bit of sneaking here and there maybe? hardly makes a ground breaking game. But nice to see some people always take the bait. Always makes leaving comments on here so funny when you get the little girls that bite so easily :lol: :lol:

Now you're making yourself look even MORE ignorant...
What do you mean "my xbox360 rrod on me before I could get the chance to play FC2". It's not even finished yet, let alone released.

So, in short, you saw the letters "FPS" and decided you'd look "cool" if you started mouthing off about how all FPS's are the same, like your 14 year old big brother does... yeah? Then you tried to make out that you were just being controversial but managed to look like an even bigger t*sser by doing that.

Next time read the article (or ask your Mum to read it to you).
Random Hangman 57