to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

id's Rage engine may skip E3

Your comments on our articles.

Quake dev is unsure whether it's attending the event in July

id Software may end up skipping this year's E3, according to CEO Todd Hollenshead.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

id's Rage engine may skip E3

Postby Mappman » 06 May 2008, 12:19

Maybe they're nervously going back to the drawing board after seeing the shockingly realistic character animations of the euphoria engine :wink:
Mappman 45

Postby minignaz » 06 May 2008, 13:04

E3 sounds like a joke now a days, I always wanted to go but now it's been 'scaled back' it seems like there is nothing worth seeing, especially as a lot of developers don't even bother anymore, and most hold their own anyway. That said if anyone is handing out free tickets and expenses I'll go.

id have been very quiet at the moment, haven't heard a peep from them since E3 last year :?
bebo | eBay | twitter | 360: minignaz | steam: minignaz
minignaz 59

Postby Shirt wearer » 06 May 2008, 13:53

E3 died the moment it when private...
Shirt wearer 43

Re: id's Rage engine may skip E3

Postby doomthree » 06 May 2008, 19:07

probably a sound decision not to attend, why spend all that time out from core development to prepare for a exibition...an exibition thats probably not going to do anything to influence the success of the game anyway.

I cant wait for Rage, hopefully this will make the 'when its done' date arrive a little sooner.
doomthree 34