to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Metal Gear Online beta kick-off pegged for Saturday

Your comments on our articles.

But this may change "due to unforeseen circumstances", says Konami

Konami has now issued a new start date for the European Metal Gear Online beta after revealing yesterday it had suspended the test.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Metal Gear Online beta kick-off pegged for Saturday

Postby timestops » 22 Apr 2008, 09:58

I cant wait for MGS4 the proper game but now i just couldnt give a toss about the MGO beta now considering gta is afew days away after that Saturday.
timestops 36

Re: Metal Gear Online beta kick-off pegged for Saturday

Postby roger4000 » 22 Apr 2008, 10:01

timestops wrote:I cant wait for MGS4 the proper game but now i just couldnt give a toss about the MGO beta now considering gta is afew days away after that Saturday.

same here. konami are a joke with this and i am stunned they didnt see it coming.
Better a bad day on the snow than a good day in the office.
roger4000 54

Postby nologo » 22 Apr 2008, 10:02

why are konami stupid?they make an "open" beta for all to access for FREE.
they should of created a limited number of keys per region. yes alot of ppl gutted but..at least it would be up and running.
nologo 47

Postby madandkez » 22 Apr 2008, 10:10

Totally STUNNING lack of foresight! (notice its the pal regions getting a later date!) After hours of getting the thing running and now this. I think a demo may of been a better idea than this one. Raises serious concerns about the MGS-Online in genral if they dont expect it to be so busy.
madandkez 18

Postby runadumb » 22 Apr 2008, 10:33

I couldn't even download the stupid patch, kept getting network error after a few minutes. Dont really care, only looked at it as im off work at the minute and now my crappy sixaxis has died on me :( I prob wont try again. Oh well at least my dualshock 3 should arrive in time for GTA4, might just take another week off work ;)
runadumb 61

Postby Iantaylor102 » 22 Apr 2008, 10:38

Well I have everything ready to got as far as the beta test is concerned. If they get it out this Saturday I will give it a try if they don't who cares. With the COD4 map packs coming out I mights as well get them to pass some time up until GTA comes out.
AMERICA ROCKS
Iantaylor102 19

Postby hollywood111 » 22 Apr 2008, 10:51

well finally got my code & everything install last night
only took 5 days!.. but i dont have much hope of being able to get on it on Friday, but fingers crossed.
hollywood111 50

Postby mol_e » 22 Apr 2008, 11:01

i think its amazing all of this. i am convinced sony europe dont have a clue what to do for there consumers.

lets go a couple of weeks back.

"the new playstation store will be getting a makeover and as a result will have no new content for 2 weeks, please be assured it will be worth the wait!"

so two weeks on ..

we get warhawk expansion (make of it what u will i used to love that game but it got old for me)

a lair expansion ... NEXT!

a GTA 4 trailer that you can get from almost any gaming or video website.

and MGO

so 2 expansion packs, a trailer and a beta, thats our "reward" for waitin 2 weeks with no update.

we then get hit with konami's infamous ID crash

we then also get told "they really wernt ready for all of us" ....

there really isnt a big enough font size i can use for "WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" right now.

they can say what they like we have been messed about over and over and over again. it is obvious the europeans are second class when it comes to there key customers.

we have been hit with delay after delay for numerous games. we receive the least amount of things on store updates. games cost more expensive (rock band is taking the p**s!!!) and with all these delays they a few measley things like add ons which we STILL HAVE TO PAY FOR while they shrug there shoulders and say "hey, accidents happen"

whatever happend to giving customers a bit of leeway, a bit of support and a bit of assurance for us to say "were sorry what we have done your still important to us and we would like to show our comittment" why give dates out when almost everythin is delayed, there just letting us down constantly.

i wouldnt be surprised if they came out and said "well that do you expect for a internet service thats free"

to top it all off they've now announced a further DELAY in Home

i rest my case...

if it wasnt for GTA comin out i would have some serious doubts about the current state of gaming
mol_e 24

Postby LeonKILLER7 » 22 Apr 2008, 11:25

gta is out next week so konami may want wait a while till that multiplayer dies down abit, but gta multiplayer dyin down? i dont think so. konami really know how to kill their own buzz
In The Name Of Harman... (KILLER7)
Currently Playing:

360 = Alan Wake\Fallout 3
WII = New Super Mario\No more heroes 2
PS3 = Yakuza 3
Dreamcast = Shenmue 2
LeonKILLER7 44

Postby infamous76 » 22 Apr 2008, 11:36

mol_e wrote:i think its amazing all of this. i am convinced sony europe dont have a clue what to do for there consumers.

lets go a couple of weeks back.

"the new playstation store will be getting a makeover and as a result will have no new content for 2 weeks, please be assured it will be worth the wait!"

so two weeks on ..

we get warhawk expansion (make of it what u will i used to love that game but it got old for me)

a lair expansion ... NEXT!

a GTA 4 trailer that you can get from almost any gaming or video website.

and MGO

so 2 expansion packs, a trailer and a beta, thats our "reward" for waitin 2 weeks with no update.

we then get hit with konami's infamous ID crash

we then also get told "they really wernt ready for all of us" ....

there really isnt a big enough font size i can use for "WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" right now.

they can say what they like we have been messed about over and over and over again. it is obvious the europeans are second class when it comes to there key customers.

we have been hit with delay after delay for numerous games. we receive the least amount of things on store updates. games cost more expensive (rock band is taking the p**s!!!) and with all these delays they a few measley things like add ons which we STILL HAVE TO PAY FOR while they shrug there shoulders and say "hey, accidents happen"

whatever happend to giving customers a bit of leeway, a bit of support and a bit of assurance for us to say "were sorry what we have done your still important to us and we would like to show our comittment" why give dates out when almost everythin is delayed, there just letting us down constantly.

i wouldnt be surprised if they came out and said "well that do you expect for a internet service thats free"

to top it all off they've now announced a further DELAY in Home

i rest my case...

if it wasnt for GTA comin out i would have some serious doubts about the current state of gaming

I have to agree with EVERYTHING this guy has said, and this is the reason why i have NO intention of buying any more games for this utter piece of s**t console. i have all 3 next gen machines and out of the 3 the PS3 is by FAR the worst - reason being, delays in all there games, more cost than on other platforms, no xmb STILL - no HOME, delayed yet again, crap controller, then have the cheek to release a new one and expect the consumers that just bought their machine to fork out on a pad thaat now has rumble in it (which it should have done in the first place). but wehy didn't it - because that wanted to steal/capitalise on some of the wii's thunder, call it what u will. and put motion sensing into it - why. NOT ONE GAME USES IT TO ANY REAL DECENT EFFECT.

I have just had enough of them - they treat the UK with the utmost lack of respect and people fall for their CRAP. well i made the mistake in buying the machine (thank god i got it on the cheap) but this will be my LAST playstation - unless i see a major improvement in the whole infastructure.

i have the 60gb model and i have only got TWO games for it and i hate them both, says it aall really (GT5 and Pro evo)

f**k SONY (sorry for the languaage but i am totally p**sed off with them)

p.s. I WONT EVEN BEGIN ON THE MGS ONLINE BETA TEST - AN UTTER DISGRACE
infamous76 37

Postby waltyftm » 22 Apr 2008, 11:41

:D Downloaded beta, :shock: downloaded update, :x got konami id , :evil: then got SHAFTED by konami
waltyftm(psn id)
waltyftm 42

PSN ID: waltyftm
Steam: waltyftm

Postby leprechaun75 » 22 Apr 2008, 11:53

you know what?... all fanboy arguments aside, I have always had playstations in my house, since 1995, and I went through 2 PS2's from playing constantly... now for PS3, it's barely ever switched on these days, if GTA4 doesn't blow me away next week,I'd consider switching to XBOX...I don't mind not having a rumble feature in my controller, I never used it anyway. so I don't know why people are arguing about it. Playstation always had a much better catalogue of games compared to other consoles, but exclusivity deals have gone out the window, and it seems that every game that comes out has better features on xbox..1 year later and we're still waiting on an in game XMB.and it's ridiculous to have to open 3 separate PSN accounts to get certain demos, like echochrome or whatever... I've definately had enough at this stage, no wonder everyone is p**sed off
leprechaun75 41

Postby runadumb » 22 Apr 2008, 12:03

I do have to agree with the sony hating here. They treat their European customers with pure contempt. They shut down/threaten sites that offer us what the americans and japanese already have (R.I.P Lik-Sang) they make us wait longer for everything (Where the hell is our DUALSHOCK 3!!!) and then charge us more.
Now when the PS 3 finally arrived here I was blown away by their arrogance with the price tag and very few games. But as the months went on and I watched them eat humble pie and I seen a 60GB PS 3 with 3 games (heavenly Sword, Resistance and Motorstorm) in argos for £350 I felt like they had learned their lesson...I was the fool

Now this is a side issue to the beta being cancelled as its not directly Sony, but then they did just prospone Home so lets all get the boot in :twisted:
runadumb 61

Postby Gaz Vonhammer » 22 Apr 2008, 12:07

I want to thank all the guys above and bellow who are not taking part ( because gta is out 3 days later :lol: ) for freeing up the server and giving me a higher chance of taking part in the beta.

again, thank you.
Gaz Vonhammer 37

Postby hollywood111 » 22 Apr 2008, 12:09

Im constantly shocked at the state of the latest playstation,how they managed to turn an amazing history of gaming & games consoles into the state it is today should go down in history as one of the biggest balls ups ever conceived. I barely consider my PS3 a games console, i watch the odd film on it & play music through it, (the sound output is amazing & i love the visual player). But other than that it is a serious disappointment, which is a shame as i loved my PS1 & 2.
The 360 isn't perfect, far from it, we all know about its problems but what its got right faaaar out weighs the wrongs. I like the 360 but im no MS fanboy, i'll always go where the games go, thats all i care about, so for this Gen the 360 has won it for me hands down.

that's gone a bit off topic, but reading the other guys post's & this MGO trouble has just push me to my limits.
hollywood111 50

Next