to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Tiberium

Your comments on our articles.

Preview: GDI Marine Jamie Sefton is ordered into a field of suspiciously glowing rocks by an unseen god-like commander

Forget global warming - the greatest threat to planet Earth and the survival of mankind is a green radioactive extraterrestrial crystal that is spreading like a cancer across the entire surface of the globe. Or maybe Deal Or No Deal. Anyway, this new form of matter happens to also be a rather excellent resource for a globe starved of oil, and three factions - two human, one alien - are now at war over control of it.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Tiberium

Postby User removed » 24 Mar 2008, 10:15

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! This game could not sound any more boring if it tried! It is being made by EA so that sounds about right.
User removed

Postby Dark_Prophet » 24 Mar 2008, 11:38

To me it sound's like a good game, but if it's all cartoony and lacking atmosphere then im giving it a miss. I just hope they don't make another renegade.
They need to be more serious and adult about the whole thing, Take it down a darker path and im happy, anything else will just suck hard.[/b]
C2D2.4GHZ|3GB|2X750-SS-F1|4870|
SB-XFI|22"SS-PEBBLE|RAZOR HABU|
CURRENTLY PLAYING S.T.A.L.K.E.R COP
Dark_Prophet 56

Postby User removed » 24 Mar 2008, 12:46

It sounds promising. The squad system could make it very interesting.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! This game could not sound any more boring if it tried! It is being made by EA so that sounds about right.

EA aren't well liked (to put it mildly). But they have the money to back quality software houses (even if they do close a few of them down). But to discard a game before trying it, just because its EA is just silly.
User removed

Postby mintydog » 24 Mar 2008, 15:36

Relant2000 wrote:It sounds promising. The squad system could make it very interesting.

EA aren't well liked (to put it mildly). But they have the money to back quality software houses (even if they do close a few of them down). But to discard a game before trying it, just because its EA is just silly.

No its not! EA are SCUM!! they make s**t games and they buy out all the best games and never touch them again, and if they do they turn out like C&C Generals or C&C3, pieces of crap!

Im with him, just the fact its from EA means its going to be s**t with little or no thought put into it. I seriously hope EA dies!
mintydog 28

Postby User removed » 24 Mar 2008, 21:15

Judging by the screenshots -- and that's how most customers will judge the game -- it looks like yet another drab "camo and fatigue" shooter. This blandness is further compounded by the Tiberium universe's over-reliance on dull yellows, browns, and greens. Just compare it to TF2 or BF: Heroes...those two scream "fun" while Tiberium screams "mediocre FPS that takes itself too seriously!"

The actual gameplay sounds interesting, but not to the point of being worth $50 at release. I'll probably pick it up when it hits the bargain bin.
User removed

Postby User removed » 24 Mar 2008, 22:35

Serik wrote:Judging by the screenshots -- and that's how most customers will judge the game -- it looks like yet another drab "camo and fatigue" shooter. This blandness is further compounded by the Tiberium universe's over-reliance on dull yellows, browns, and greens. Just compare it to TF2 or BF: Heroes...those two scream "fun" while Tiberium screams "mediocre FPS that takes itself too seriously!"

The actual gameplay sounds interesting, but not to the point of being worth $50 at release. I'll probably pick it up when it hits the bargain bin.

Don't ever bother picking it up! SCREW EA!
Welcome to CVG by the way :D
User removed

Postby User removed » 25 Mar 2008, 00:41

mintydog wrote:
Relant2000 wrote:It sounds promising. The squad system could make it very interesting.

No its not! EA are SCUM!! they make s**t games and they buy out all the best games and never touch them again, and if they do they turn out like C&C Generals or C&C3, pieces of crap!

Im with him, just the fact its from EA means its going to be s**t with little or no thought put into it. I seriously hope EA dies!

Oh come on now. Don't sit on the fence. Tell me what you really think about EA :lol:

Wasn't Crysis an EA game? Oh yes, so it was.

Right. Now I want you to take a long deep breath and repeat after me.....I must not get so worked up about a company that just makes computer games.
User removed

Postby Kryzac7 » 25 Mar 2008, 01:15

I'm looking forward to this, the drab browns and greens and yellows are what sets the command and conquer series apart from other game genres, this and Kane's Wrath and Red Alert 3 are making things very mouthwatering :)
Kryzac7 35

Where is the nod?!!!!

Postby maxone » 25 Mar 2008, 18:04

What the nods do in this game?
What is the Nod position in the story?
maxone 1

Postby mintydog » 25 Mar 2008, 22:42

Relant2000 wrote:
mintydog wrote:

Oh come on now. Don't sit on the fence. Tell me what you really think about EA :lol:

Wasn't Crysis an EA game? Oh yes, so it was.

Right. Now I want you to take a long deep breath and repeat after me.....I must not get so worked up about a company that just makes computer games.

Oh wait.....Crysis was a Crytek game, EA published it, maybe they interfeared with it at some point but it was mostly a Crytek game. And Crysis was boring and over hyped

And EA are the worst gaming company in the world and they are BAD for the games industry! They suck up so many great games and companies and give f**k all in return. They made and published good games in the 90s, but no longer. I will hate them forever for what they did to Westwood and ill never buy any of their games, I dont care how good it is.
mintydog 28

Postby ding333 » 26 Mar 2008, 15:23

There was nothing wrong with renegade. I don't care what anyone says i liked it and i hope they don't completely forget the roots of this game. Also nothing wrong with crysis.
ding333 27

Postby mintydog » 26 Mar 2008, 16:38

ding333 wrote:There was nothing wrong with renegade. I don't care what anyone says i liked it and i hope they don't completely forget the roots of this game. Also nothing wrong with crysis.

I think for me crysis is trying to be too realistic. The nanosuit is fun, but thats about it to be honest. I didnt grip me and make me want to play it like it should.

As for renegade, I quite enjoyed it too, it was a great concept but could have been executed better. The netcode for it was quite bad and I would have liked to see full bases with all of the buildings you get in the original C&C.

Oh and about forgetting their roots, EA did that with C&C3 the moment they reinvented tiberium, after that I knew the series was unsalvagable.
mintydog 28

Postby Michael9879878 » 27 Mar 2008, 06:59

Urgh if you dont like EA dont buy the damn game. Im not sure about everyone else, but i dont come on here to read crybabys cry that EA is s**t and you wont buy the game. DONT BUY IT THEN. They will still get like 234234324 more people buying it. I dont think they should worry about some people like you who "hate ea" seeing so many other people will buy it ( even just to continue to play the games in series) I have nothing against EA and thats it. I will buy it, and if i dont like it i just wont play it lol. Still try to think of it from thier perspective. Its extremely hard to make games of that quality, and they wont care if you dont buy it becuase once again, They will have alot of other people buying it.
Michael9879878 1

Postby Sir_Loin_Ofsteak » 27 Mar 2008, 21:44

It looks a bit dull, to be honest. I would love this game to knock my socks off, I really would, but going by previous experience and the fact that it is being made by EA, I think I can predict this one - average, by the numbers gameplay that manages to tick all the right boxes without doing anything interesting.

EA generally make solid, visually impressive, dull games and though I've bought and enjoyed a few, I doubt this will be one of them. Personally I liked Generals, and I keep meaning to pick up C&C3.

Crisis was ok, but nothing to write home about (discounting the PC-crippling visuals, of course). Far Cry was without shadow of a doubt a superior product.
I remember when all these fields were blue.
Sir_Loin_Ofsteak 63

Postby mintydog » 29 Mar 2008, 05:13

Michael9879878 wrote:Urgh if you dont like EA dont buy the damn game. Im not sure about everyone else, but i dont come on here to read crybabys cry that EA is s**t and you wont buy the game. DONT BUY IT THEN. They will still get like 234234324 more people buying it. I dont think they should worry about some people like you who "hate ea" seeing so many other people will buy it ( even just to continue to play the games in series) I have nothing against EA and thats it. I will buy it, and if i dont like it i just wont play it lol. Still try to think of it from thier perspective. Its extremely hard to make games of that quality, and they wont care if you dont buy it becuase once again, They will have alot of other people buying it.

Unfortunately you are right that so many people will buy their inferior s**t, makes me sick, no wonder there are no real good PC games these days, they all went down the toilet in the late 90s early 00s
mintydog 28

Next