to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Highlander

Your comments on our articles.

There can be only one...

So: "Here we are: born to be kings. We're the princes of the universe..." Ah, yes... the sight of Freddie Mercury's 'tasched perfection and Brian May's über-hairstyle rocking through some of the most rousing power guitar riffs since, ooh... 'I Need a Hero' by Bonnie Tyler. One of the best movie soundtracks of all time set off the high camp of the Highlander universe perfectly, as immortals Christopher Lambert (in that oh-so-chic grey mac and white sneakers combo) and S&M-clad Clancy Brown crossed swords to decide the fate of humankind...... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Highlander

Postby Dajmin » 13 Mar 2008, 17:42

I have to say I quite enjoyed the series when it was on late-night Channel 4 (or whatever). It never took itself all that seriously, so that's always good.

If the combat is done right it could be fantastic. In fact, if we controlled sword swings like the board in Skate that'd be even better. Button-mashing is old.

Could be interesting, could be a disaster.
Xfire | Xbox Live | PSN: Dajmin
DAJMIN.COM - The Rock Star Gamer
Dajmin 63

Xbox Live: Dajmin
PSN ID: Dajmin
Steam: Dajmin
xFire: Dajmin

Highlander

Postby ledickolas » 13 Mar 2008, 17:44

No offense CVG, but you really need a proofreader. Your articles are rife with spelling errors and grammatical mistakes.
ledickolas 52

Postby funkyjack » 13 Mar 2008, 18:21

I penned my own idea for a highlander game, so I hope they make the combat strategic, and not just button mashing nonsense.
He who nades, always wins...
funkyjack 60

Xbox Live: Chimera Six
PSN ID: D1RTYRAT
Steam: C3ll_DirtyRat

Postby boskersrevenge » 13 Mar 2008, 18:50

Highlander fans remind me of Genesis fans for some inexplicable reason.
I wash born here, an I wash raished here, and dad gum it, I am gonna die here, an no sidewindin' bushwackin', hornswagglin' cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter.
boskersrevenge 70

Xbox Live: Boskerville
PSN ID: Boskerville
Wii Code: 3DS 5455-9459-3634
Steam: Boskerville

Re: Highlander

Postby lonewolf2002 » 13 Mar 2008, 19:43

ledickolas wrote:No offense CVG, but you really need a proofreader. Your articles are rife with spelling errors and grammatical mistakes.

And your thoughts on the game :?:

Think I'll pass on this button mashing platformer.
What you need to remember is that there's what people want to hear, there's what people want to believe, there's everything else, THEN there's the truth!

360 Lon3Wolf2002

PSN lone_WOLF2002

Steam lonewolf10
lonewolf2002 64

Postby wudragon » 14 Mar 2008, 10:02

I'm very excited about this one. Been hoping for a game to do Highlander justice for some time now and i'm glad it's been picked up. All power to them, give it your best shot guys, and remember:
There can be only one!
wudragon 50

Postby ra3v3r » 14 Mar 2008, 15:59

Looks good but its got Prince of Persia written all over it. But instead of the time twisting theatrics of Sands of Time et al you can do youself some heavy damage without dying. Look at screen shot 3 - the guy even looks like the Prince...

It'll need to be pretty special to stop itself being forgotten about!
ra3v3r 45

An error?

Postby User removed » 20 Mar 2008, 15:23

I think there's a error in the title : the developper is not supposed to be Widescreen Games and not Eidos Interactive (the publisher)?

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to seeing the result!!
User removed