to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Play Zack and Wiki online right now

Your comments on our articles.

Nice little flash demo shows off Capcom's puzzle title

Capcom has released a nice one-level demo for the recently released Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby Brian Bloodaxe » 05 Mar 2008, 13:36

It says its part of the main game.

Oh and "PUZZLE SOLVED" :D
Brian Bloodaxe 56

Postby kyotu_o_shire » 05 Mar 2008, 13:37

Right,

(SPOILER FOR THE PUZZLE BY THE WAY)

You make an ice bar using the right hand bay thing by pulling the lever. You then place this in the left hand bay thing after putting the key blocks in the correct order (look at the locked door for clues to that). Then make another ice bar and use it to focus the sunlight onto the ice bar you placed in the left hand bay thing. This melts the ice.

Then simply freeze the newly melted ice again using the lever and presto...
kyotu_o_shire 34

Postby Brian Bloodaxe » 05 Mar 2008, 13:38

Please ignore, my PC went a bit mental :oops:
Brian Bloodaxe 56

Re: Play Zack and Wiki online right now

Postby chris_gower » 05 Mar 2008, 13:59

kyotu_o_shire wrote:Right,

(SPOILER FOR THE PUZZLE BY THE WAY)

You make an ice bar using the right hand bay thing by pulling the lever. You then place this in the left hand bay thing after putting the key blocks in the correct order (look at the locked door for clues to that). Then make another ice bar and use it to focus the sunlight onto the ice bar you placed in the left hand bay thing. This melts the ice.

Then simply freeze the newly melted ice again using the lever and presto...

Exactly, nice and easy. However, I think it was a bit of fluke that I didn't look at the order the key sections should be in and got it right first time!
Guybrush: I'm on a whole new adventure.
Pirate: Growing a mustache?
Guybrush: No, Bigger than That
Pirate: A beard?!?
----------------------------------
PSN ID: The_Johnson
chris_gower 53

Postby andyaubs » 05 Mar 2008, 14:14

Come on CVG, that was easy to solve.

Was tempted to buy this game and think i will definitely get it now, hopefully the actual games puzzles are more challenging, but it looks fun.
Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war!!
andyaubs 58

Took me a while...

Postby FidoDido1980 » 05 Mar 2008, 16:05

... but I got there. Enjoyable! Except ...

... Not to be Mr. Picky Dickhead, but isn't there a kind of contradiction here, in that you use ice to refract sunlight to in turn melt ice? Wouldn't the ice you are using to refract the sunlight melt?
FidoDido1980 11

Postby leefear1 » 05 Mar 2008, 16:09

andyaubs wrote:Come on CVG, that was easy to solve.

Was tempted to buy this game and think i will definitely get it now, hopefully the actual games puzzles are more challenging, but it looks fun.

This is one of the best games on wii. The puzzles are a lot more challenging in the game.
leefear1 53

Postby MeatGolem » 05 Mar 2008, 17:22

That was rather fun. Will definitely consider picking this up.
MeatGolem 32

Re: Took me a while...

Postby paulhudd » 06 Mar 2008, 11:33

FidoDido1980 wrote:... but I got there. Enjoyable! Except ...

... Not to be Mr. Picky Dickhead, but isn't there a kind of contradiction here, in that you use ice to refract sunlight to in turn melt ice? Wouldn't the ice you are using to refract the sunlight melt?

not at all, the sunlight doesnt have to be hot. have you ever used a magnifying glass on yourself? the temperature can be mediocre, but when you concentrate it using a lens, it puts all of that heat into one spot without warming up the lens, so the ice wold be fine for enough time to melt the key. and besides, its a game lol

If all game where realistic, then nurses would be giving patients on their death beds, green mushrooms so they dont game over! :wink:

and I'm horrified that none have you have not already got this game, this is one of those very few wii games I own that I can be proud of.

Its agreat game you can keep playing but also one that you can come back to after a while and not feel lost. Its a great mental challenge thinking around some of these puzzles that really twists your brain inside out.

I'm on the final boss now but havent had time to play any games recently as I'm too busy writing more music :cry: (www.myspace.com/paulhudd)

And CVG, dear oh dear. I hate the fact that people who review our games and the people we trust for advice cant complete a game.

I believe that all reviews should be based on a completed game as you can then review it as a complete package. Get some real gamers to complete your games and they can then tell you what they think and you can jazz it up with your fancy wordings. Either that or get a job your good at! lol

want to swap jobs? I'm an IT techy.

*again with the long posts... :roll:
paulhudd 55

Xbox Live: myspacePAULHUDD
PSN ID: Phudd
Wii Code: some long number