Alone in the Dark

Your comments on our articles.

Preview: Jamie Sefton is alone in the dark - the meter's run out and the wife's cleared off

Just in case you haven't brushed up on your ancient games history recently (educational standards are slipping apparently), Alone in the Dark was the first 3D 'survival horror' title released back in 1992 and inspired such great Japanese franchises as Resident Evil and Silent Hill.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Alone in the Dark

Postby Dajmin » 07 Feb 2008, 16:51

I'm really looking forward to this one. The videos make it look really creepy and the fully interactive environment sounds like a dream come true.

I just hope there's enough reason to come back to it after the story's done.
Xfire | Xbox Live | PSN: Dajmin
DAJMIN.COM - The Rock Star Gamer
Dajmin 63

Xbox Live: Dajmin
PSN ID: Dajmin
Steam: Dajmin
xFire: Dajmin

Postby _Marty_ » 07 Feb 2008, 17:17

s**t you-up. Man, that's good - they invented a new genre without even trying :)

I hope it's not too unweildy on the consoles too... Fingers crossed.
_Marty_ 59

Xbox Live: Da Sausageman

Postby Bothanspy » 07 Feb 2008, 18:14

Enemies can smell you? how would that work in a game?
Bothanspy 48

Postby Mogs » 07 Feb 2008, 19:18

We still have concerns over the console-heavy control system and whether it'll transfer smoothly to the mouse/keyboard PC set-up

I'm sure it'll have controller support anyway. This is something that always seems to get overlooked when thinking about PC games. Of course they have to support mouse & keyboard, but the PC can easily do controller functionality. Anything a console can do, a PC can do just as well and usually better.
I've got spurs that jingle jangle jingle...
Mogs 60

Postby DukeJib » 08 Feb 2008, 06:39

Hmmmm
I am waiting to see this game in action.
If by any means, it is a quality product like previous games, then Its a must have.
DukeJib 53

Postby User removed » 08 Feb 2008, 22:32

Mogs wrote:
We still have concerns over the console-heavy control system and whether it'll transfer smoothly to the mouse/keyboard PC set-up

I'm sure it'll have controller support anyway. This is something that always seems to get overlooked when thinking about PC games. Of course they have to support mouse & keyboard, but the PC can easily do controller functionality. Anything a console can do, a PC can do just as well and usually better.

I agree with you Mogs for the most part, which is why I was disappointed COD4 didn't support the xbox controller. I like to play ports with the gamepad because I feel that when games are designed for the imprecision of a gamepad, the mouse makes the game too easy.

THe other game that lacks gamepad support which p**sed me off was Stranglehold, and Stranglehold was even within the 'Games FOr WIndows' banner.
User removed