Mafia 2

Your comments on our articles.

Welcome back to the City of Lost Heaven...

Swept aside by the tsunami-like GTA 3, the original Mafia never really stood a chance on Xbox. On the PC, however, this cinematic sandbox drive-'em-up - which played out like a 30's version of Goodfellas - found its niche and scored massive with both critics and punters alike.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Mafia 2

Postby Sir_Loin_Ofsteak » 20 Jan 2008, 15:17

I think the original Mafia was miles better than GTA 3, and I loved GTA 3. Personally I really enjoyed the 30MPH car chases - it added tension because you wanted to go faster and overtake, but the car physically couldn't. The first car chase I had like that remains one of my most memorable gaming moments.

I'm really excited about this.
I remember when all these fields were blue.
Sir_Loin_Ofsteak 63

Postby User removed » 20 Jan 2008, 17:09

Exactly what he said. 8)
User removed

Postby ArchieUK » 20 Jan 2008, 19:12

Ditto!

I don't think I can contain my excitement for this game. I'll give you an idea of how much I loved the first game; I wouldn't upgrade my PC for MoH: Airbourne (fair dos), BioShock, UTIII, Crysis or CoD 4, but will definetely be doing so for this. I just hope that Illusion Softworks (isn't that 2k Czech now?) don't - and I mean this with the utmost respect to my console brothers - dumb it down for a simultaneous console and PC release. The reason everyone loved the first (as has already been pointed out) was the atmosphere that was gained from being realistic, with the guns as well as cars. Sure, Illusion, make the cars go faster, but don't make them unfeasibly fast for the time. And I don't want arcade handling. You've been warned!
ArchieUK 56

Re: Mafia 2

Postby cartyavfc » 20 Jan 2008, 19:15

Sir_Loin_Ofsteak wrote:I think the original Mafia was miles better than GTA 3, and I loved GTA 3. Personally I really enjoyed the 30MPH car chases - it added tension because you wanted to go faster and overtake, but the car physically couldn't. The first car chase I had like that remains one of my most memorable gaming moments.

I'm really excited about this.

cant agree more the car chase that took you all the way to the old race track was a gaming masterpiece and speeding up the car chases would take away its authenticy!!!!!!
cartyavfc 33

Postby BRUTALGAMER » 20 Jan 2008, 21:12

i dont realy enojy single player games, but Mafia 1 was amazing me and my cuz played thourhg it again and again.
BRUTALGAMER 43

Xbox Live: BRUTALG N5
PSN ID: BRUTALG_N5
Steam: NB_BRUTALGAMER
xFire: BRUTALGAMER

Postby dead_head1 » 21 Jan 2008, 10:41

havnt played the original but im really looking forward to this, it looks brilliant.
dead_head1 43

Postby Soulman101 » 21 Jan 2008, 11:15

For me the one thing mafia lacked for me was replay value. it would be nice if it had let you re-visit past mission haunts like the church or the restraunt you get most your missions from.

Driver lacked the same thing, even if it had no npc's it would be nice to walk round for the roleplayers among us. They could even have had workers walking round in their uniforms even if they were only just walking round.

Even a few side missions like cab driver, pizza delivery or even a protection racket would be cool.
Soulman101 27

Postby funkyjack » 21 Jan 2008, 14:55

Mafia rocks.
He who nades, always wins...
funkyjack 60

Xbox Live: Chimera Six
PSN ID: D1RTYRAT
Steam: C3ll_DirtyRat

PC Version

Postby pbgormley » 21 Jan 2008, 19:12

Any idea if MAFIA 2 is making its way to us mere mortal PC gamers? :oops:

Loved the 1st one, GTA with a bit of ital style :D
pbgormley 24

Postby dom6918 » 22 Jan 2008, 14:58

mafia was amazing...only game ever to give me a tear jerk (ending).

agree with everyone here...the race was soo difficult (due to the realistic race engine) i had to pull out my steering wheel. in fact i used my logitech wheel to to all the driving while using the keyboard and mouse for the shooting....

that game was sooo ahead of its time!!
dom6918 24

Postby timestops » 22 Jan 2008, 17:41

what i liked about mafia is that it felt like a living breathing world whereas sometimes in gta it just feels like a game in terms of driving stupid and running over people whereas in mafia you had to keep to speed limits and the like. i just liked that part of it and thats why i enjoyed it.
timestops 36

Postby Terencehines » 24 Jan 2008, 20:31

I hopr the special edition comes in wooden or steel cigar box with a big fat cigar too. Then i can really feel like a gangsta. 8)
Now known as Dark_prophet
Be intimidated oh yes very intimidated!
Terencehines 43

Postby User removed » 25 Jan 2008, 20:55

A litlle bit strange this ''preview'' i could say...Not much about it but,its like i could do it...And anyway,because is obveous no one from cvg speaked with ilussion about game and btw is the only previw on the net ,how come they say it will be again on lost heaven???

anyway,i love the first,is the greatest of all time and really excited about 2.Hope it will be great on ps3 or 360 and will not be bad port like last time.

Really cant wait for a true real preview.Tho,i admire cvg for the intiative,plus i cant forget they are the only one who belive it will be a sequel and actually they had on the site a realise date for mafia 2.

keep it comming
User removed