to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

When shall E3 meet again?

Your comments on our articles.

ESA confirms the days of an E3 'mega-show' are over, with more 'intimate' plans for 2007 in the pipeline

Call it what you want - an evolution or the cancellation of E3 (but really boys, don't bicker about it) - E3 as we know and love (to hate) it is dead. After this weekend's widespread reporting that publisher pressure had forced the ESA to reconsider its annual videogames 'mega-show', an official press release has now been released.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

When shall E3 meet again?

Postby TheTingler » 01 Aug 2006, 11:36

It sounds fine to me. I just hope all the news and shaky-cam videos will still turn up, though.
[url=http://www.plughead.net/]Plughead.net[/url], the new home for PCZoners
[url=http://www.hookedgamers.com]Hooked Gamers[/url]
TheTingler 55

Postby AbnerMaris » 01 Aug 2006, 14:26

I think this is a good move because it will remove the mania and hype from the show that had become seriously off-putting. The best idea many media companies and even the developers can have now is to broadcast webcam feeds so that gamers will still be involved.
AbnerMaris 47

Postby MadFruit » 01 Aug 2006, 14:48

Trust the publishers to ruin everyone elses fun. ;)
MadFruit 54

Postby gothchild » 01 Aug 2006, 18:34

I'm still very sad about this move. I enjoyed the E3 hype thoroughly. School was a bit better as my friends and I would wonder what had been shown, racing back to our computers to find out. God...we sound cool dont we?
Everyone sucks, just don't tell them
gothchild 55