to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Blue Dragon 2 (sort of) confirmed for '08

Your comments on our articles.

Japanese Xbox boss aims to double number of 360 games in Japan next year, Blue Dragon sequel hinted as front runner

Japanese Xbox boss Takashi Sensui has said that the Xbox 360's 2008 game push "may" be spear-headed by a sequel to Mistwalker RPG Blue Dragon.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Blue Dragon 2 (sort of) confirmed for '08

Postby wudragon » 13 Dec 2007, 15:24

Nice one! loved Blue Dragon and hope for many more games of this ilk. (yes i am very fond of japanese rpg's).
wudragon 50
 
Posts: 1649
Joined: 09 Jul 2005, 17:17
Location: United Kingdom

Postby lonewolf2002 » 13 Dec 2007, 15:44

yeah BD was an ok game nothing to set the world on fire but it was never advertised as such. Hopefully the sequel wont feel so rushed.
What you need to remember is that there's what people want to hear, there's what people want to believe, there's everything else, THEN there's the truth!

360 Lon3Wolf2002

PSN lone_WOLF2002

Steam lonewolf10
lonewolf2002 64
 
Posts: 4381
Joined: 22 Jan 2003, 11:11
Location: United Kingdom

Postby vulcanraven01 » 13 Dec 2007, 15:56

Still need to complete the original. Only just started disc 2!
I like the sound of a sequel but online? I hope not as I don't want another FF11...
vulcanraven01 59
 
Posts: 2861
Joined: 12 Nov 2003, 18:40
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Mark240473 » 13 Dec 2007, 16:32

Can anyone tell me if you can fight with the monsters more directly in BD? I didn't like using the shadow wotsits in the demo. Felt wrong. :?
User avatar
Mark240473 64
 
Posts: 6826
Joined: 14 Dec 2006, 11:49
Location: United Kingdom
Xbox Live: BobozeTheBear
PSN ID: MarkyUK

Postby wudragon » 13 Dec 2007, 17:32

Mark240473 wrote:Can anyone tell me if you can fight with the monsters more directly in BD? I didn't like using the shadow wotsits in the demo. Felt wrong. :?


NO: it's all about the shadows dude, sorry.
wudragon 50
 
Posts: 1649
Joined: 09 Jul 2005, 17:17
Location: United Kingdom

Postby lonewolf2002 » 13 Dec 2007, 17:40

Mark240473 wrote:Can anyone tell me if you can fight with the monsters more directly in BD? I didn't like using the shadow wotsits in the demo. Felt wrong. :?



See the story was not about the "heroes" fighting as more about the shadows and how the kids got them. The kids were needed for thier spirit I wont say too much more in case I put my foot in it again.

I just see it as the same as your "heroes" fighting as you do the same commands etc like a traditional JRPG just your shadows do the whacking.

Also any game where you can fight a king poo has got to be worth the price of admission.
What you need to remember is that there's what people want to hear, there's what people want to believe, there's everything else, THEN there's the truth!

360 Lon3Wolf2002

PSN lone_WOLF2002

Steam lonewolf10
lonewolf2002 64
 
Posts: 4381
Joined: 22 Jan 2003, 11:11
Location: United Kingdom

Postby metallicorphan » 13 Dec 2007, 18:20

i loved Blue dragon,took me about 53 hrs to get through it all


but i remember playing the demo and not liking it at all...the demo really did not do the game justice in my opinion
User avatar
metallicorphan 60
 
Posts: 3577
Joined: 14 Mar 2007, 07:54
Location: United Kingdom
Xbox Live: metallicorphan
PSN ID: metallicorphan
Wii Code: 8008135-111111111

Postby The_Hun1 » 13 Dec 2007, 19:14

If MS are going to improve the overall sales figures of the 360, then games like blue dragon need to ported to the DS, before sequels come out for, just think, blue dragon comes out on the DS, it sells massivly for that machine, perfect hype for BD2 on the 360, and what a way to get more people to buy the machine, afterall if you like bd1 on DS, then bd2 on 360 cant lose.

Or is my point just too good an idea for them to actually do it?
Freedom is more than idea, it's a way of life and if you don't agree then move to a country that dosn't have it!!!!
The_Hun1 66
 
Posts: 1141
Joined: 02 Oct 2001, 22:38
Location: United Kingdom

Postby potnoodle1 » 13 Dec 2007, 20:24

"Specifics aren't finalized, but there's a possibility that it will be produced as an online title."


Noo, don't make it an online title!!! That will kill it.
potnoodle1 52
 
Posts: 710
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 13:39
Location: United Kingdom

Postby User removed » 14 Dec 2007, 12:44

The_Hun1 wrote:If MS are going to improve the overall sales figures of the 360, then games like blue dragon need to ported to the DS, before sequels come out for, just think, blue dragon comes out on the DS, it sells massivly for that machine, perfect hype for BD2 on the 360, and what a way to get more people to buy the machine, afterall if you like bd1 on DS, then bd2 on 360 cant lose.

Or is my point just too good an idea for them to actually do it?


Blue Dragon was announced for the DS a few months back.

Source

- http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3163126
User removed
 

Postby vulcanraven01 » 14 Dec 2007, 14:45

Gav443 wrote:
The_Hun1 wrote:If MS are going to improve the overall sales figures of the 360, then games like blue dragon need to ported to the DS, before sequels come out for, just think, blue dragon comes out on the DS, it sells massivly for that machine, perfect hype for BD2 on the 360, and what a way to get more people to buy the machine, afterall if you like bd1 on DS, then bd2 on 360 cant lose.

Or is my point just too good an idea for them to actually do it?


Blue Dragon was announced for the DS a few months back.

Source

- http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3163126

And the evil plan for more 360 sales is put into motion... :roll:
And yeah, the demo didn't do the game any justice. Blue Dragon's a great game but the plot's really slow and the combat's traditional which led to less than flattering review scores from most sites.
vulcanraven01 59
 
Posts: 2861
Joined: 12 Nov 2003, 18:40
Location: United Kingdom


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: d0x360, Google [Bot], razors edge, sammikid, Shabba Ranks, Yahoo [Bot] and 8 guests

The forum teamDelete all forum cookiesAll times are UTC [ DST ]