The Week Ahead - 07/12/07

Your comments on our articles.

Feature: Uncharted territory...

Is it December already? Sony looks like it's beginning to get its act together. While third party games are generally still coming out a few weeks after those on Xbox 360 Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is definitely a game worth getting excited about.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

The Week Ahead - 07/12/07

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 02 Dec 2007, 11:23

Uncharted is the only one worth getting for me.
PC gamers are isolated social degenerate peados -Reegee
DAEDALUS79 75

Xbox Live: Daedy79
PSN ID: macby19
Wii Code: WiiU________Daedy79

Postby humorguy » 02 Dec 2007, 12:15

I have been in PC gaming long enough to remember when this time of year was so exciting for great PC game releases.....

Not any more.....
humorguy 47

Re: The Week Ahead - 07/12/07

Postby unapersson » 02 Dec 2007, 14:24

DAEDALUS79 wrote:Uncharted is the only one worth getting for me.

Yes, after playing the demo again I really think I'm going to enjoy that game. I have a preference for 3rd person games anyway.
unapersson 54

Postby Shadow_Fury » 02 Dec 2007, 14:28

humorguy wrote:I have been in PC gaming long enough to remember when this time of year was so exciting for great PC game releases.....

Not any more.....

*cough* crysis, cod4, ut3, forgedalliance, bioshock...the list goes on.

sure this may not be this month, but its "this time of year"

anyhow i might get wipeout pulse...my own mp3's :D
Shadow_Fury 48

Postby I Am Spartacus » 02 Dec 2007, 16:04

What the hell is Uncharted: Drake's progress?
I Am Spartacus 34

Postby humorguy » 02 Dec 2007, 16:17

Shadow_Fury wrote:
humorguy wrote:I have been in PC gaming long enough to remember when this time of year was so exciting for great PC game releases.....

Not any more.....

Like 90% of gamers, I can't play Crysis. like lots of gamers, 5 hours of single player doesn't turn my head, UT3 is a maybe but again doubt my PC can handle it, Forged Alliance is a yes, when I get around to completing Supreme Commander and the 15 hours and little replay value of Bioshock doesn't do a lot for me.

Take away the multiplayer aspects of the games you have mentioned, then remember they represent 3-4 months of releases not 'December' releases, and then remember I was talking about December specifically, when all the big releases would come out despite releases in September and October. Back in the 90's you would have 20-30 releases between November and January, with at least 5 or 6 great games to choose from. They would also cover five times as many genres as well! Now, if you don;t play online, like half of PC gamers don't, and then if you are not into shooters, which half of PC gamers are so-so about and what have you got from your list? Just Forged Alliance, and that's an expansion! I wouldn't call that anywhere near great.

...And I haven't even mentioned all the duds we have had in the last eight weeks that totally swamp your list! Timeshift, Hellgate: London, Soldier of Fortune 3, Fury, Blacksite: Area 51, Beowulf, Empire Earth III.... Shall I go on?

So, no, this is time of year is as much about depression as it is excitement. Nothing like what I remember. Anyone who has been in PC gaming more than 5 years surely can see that?!
humorguy 47

Postby LeonKILLER7 » 02 Dec 2007, 18:06

im only after wipeout pulse, ive still got to get cod 4, orange box, ratchet and clank tools of destruction!

i wasnt too impressed with drakes fortune tho a bit overrated imo
In The Name Of Harman... (KILLER7)
Currently Playing:

360 = Alan Wake\Fallout 3
WII = New Super Mario\No more heroes 2
PS3 = Yakuza 3
Dreamcast = Shenmue 2
LeonKILLER7 44

Postby fazboy007 » 02 Dec 2007, 18:06

I think seeing as christmas is nearly upon us, then I think singstar will be my next purchase. It's definately a social game and will fit in nicely when we have the relatives round. Along with guitar hero 3 it's going to be a pretty cool christmas. Might pursuade the missus to let me have uncharted aswell as that looks pretty good..
fazboy007 29

Postby Aircool_212 » 03 Dec 2007, 00:08

I Am Spartacus wrote:What the hell is Uncharted: Drake's progress?

Tomb Raider or Indiana Jones...take your pick, same thing. Lara had the tits, Indy the whip, I guess this Drake fella has the pool ball gag and the lube...
Aircool_212 50

Postby CaptainCortez » 03 Dec 2007, 03:18

This is quite an odd year, as there's not actually much that I want for christmas.

Most of the games which I really want aren't going to be coming out until early next year:

Devil May Cry 4
Metal Gear Solid 4
Timesplitters 4
Haze

Haha, lot's of 4's above, but yea; From the list of games being released this week, Uncharted is probably the best bet to go for.

It plays well, and looks quite stunning, so that's on my list.

Guitar Hero 3 and Uncharted = Sorted tbh.
CaptainCortez 48

Postby humorguy » 03 Dec 2007, 09:34

Remember when it used to be the quiet summer that allowed a game to squeeze through due to no competition? Who would have believed we have that same situation now at the beginning of December with Uncharted!

How times change. Xmas's now just like Summer's for (especially PC) gaming!!!
humorguy 47

Postby AJB123644 » 03 Dec 2007, 13:33

humorguy wrote:
Shadow_Fury wrote:

Not any more.....

Like 90% of gamers, I can't play Crysis. like lots of gamers, 5 hours of single player doesn't turn my head, UT3 is a maybe but again doubt my PC can handle it, Forged Alliance is a yes, when I get around to completing Supreme Commander and the 15 hours and little replay value of Bioshock doesn't do a lot for me.

Take away the multiplayer aspects of the games you have mentioned, then remember they represent 3-4 months of releases not 'December' releases, and then remember I was talking about December specifically, when all the big releases would come out despite releases in September and October. Back in the 90's you would have 20-30 releases between November and January, with at least 5 or 6 great games to choose from. They would also cover five times as many genres as well! Now, if you don;t play online, like half of PC gamers don't, and then if you are not into shooters, which half of PC gamers are so-so about and what have you got from your list? Just Forged Alliance, and that's an expansion! I wouldn't call that anywhere near great.

...And I haven't even mentioned all the duds we have had in the last eight weeks that totally swamp your list! Timeshift, Hellgate: London, Soldier of Fortune 3, Fury, Blacksite: Area 51, Beowulf, Empire Earth III.... Shall I go on?

So, no, this is time of year is as much about depression as it is excitement. Nothing like what I remember. Anyone who has been in PC gaming more than 5 years surely can see that?!

I see your point on some of these games but Empire Earth 3???? That game is going to be ace :D Cant wait until christmas when I hope I will get it if not I will after haha, and then I shall conquer the world :P
AJ

Blog - www.ajb123644.blogspot.com

AJB123644 46

Postby humorguy » 03 Dec 2007, 14:14

AJB123644 - sorry to burst your bubble, but Empire Earth III has not got a review above 80% (that I have seen) and has got as low as 40% reviews! To score between 40% and 80% doesn't strike me as an 'exciting' release, which is the subject I was talking about! :)
humorguy 47

Postby seancuk23 » 03 Dec 2007, 15:40

I may get the Wii Zapper in time for Ghost Squad and Resi Evil Umbrella Chronicles! :)
Hey Jimbop!
seancuk23 53

Postby User removed » 03 Dec 2007, 19:43

Wii Zapper for me. Then wrap it up and wait for christmas when i can open it along with RE:UC.
arr good times.
User removed

Next