to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Zack & Wiki

Your comments on our articles.

There's a monkey and an island, but not a rubber chicken in sight...

Labelling Zack And Wiki as a point-and-click adventure seems slightly unfair. Yes, there's both pointing and clicking aplenty, but such a label will have people mentally filing it away with Monkey Island, King's Quest and Broken Sword - and such a comparison will lead to disappointment. If you were weaned on Monkey Island wit and Broken Sword humongo-inventories, you'll be shocked to see how solely puzzle-focused Zack And Wiki actually is.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Zack & Wiki

Postby gbenlcfc » 30 Nov 2007, 14:40

Every review i've read is begging me to get the game. I think i will get it. I'm off to Play.com right now...

Although i've got Paper Mario to finish. I've just got Guitar Hero (which is awesome, never played it before), and i've got unopened Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3. Who say's there's nothing on the Wii?!

Smash Bros, Resi Evil, Mario Kart, No More Heroes too! Not forgetting there's already other great games out on Wii like Zelda.
gbenlcfc 44

Postby DaRockwilder1 » 30 Nov 2007, 15:08

Yet another great game from Capcom.
Gaming since 1985
DaRockwilder1 65

Xbox Live: DaRockwilder1
PSN ID: DaRockwilder1

Postby ranaraptor » 30 Nov 2007, 15:13

it looks boring as f*ck. Give this a miss
ranaraptor 46

PSN ID: ranaraptor

Postby Knight » 30 Nov 2007, 15:16

I've got SO many unfinished games to complete! :(
Aside from all those games I'm playing for the first time on the Virtual Console and the GameCube-classics I've recently bought cheap to experience, I have Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, Phantom Hourglass and a few other amazing games to play.
I thought I was going to get Zack & Wiki anyway, so I'm glad it's got such great reviews. I love puzzle solving games and this sounds so much fun. I know some will moan about the cartoon graphics (my little XBox360-fanboy brother for one), but that doesn't take away from the gameplay - that's what makes a truely great game at the end of the day.
More diversity in games is what I want please Nintendo, Capcom and all other developers. Thanks. :D
Knight 55

Postby gbenlcfc » 30 Nov 2007, 16:18

ranaraptor wrote:it looks boring as f*ck. Give this a miss

Even though every review mentions how amazing it is.
gbenlcfc 44

Postby falloutwarchief » 30 Nov 2007, 16:35

I must say I'm very, very tempted by this game. As the review clearly states, it's not the same as the old point-n'-click adventures, but I've got Sam & Max for that. Still, it's close enough for me. Coupled with pretty much universal praise, it's looking like my collection of quality Wii games may actually be growing to 3 sometime soon. In fact, I now know what to ask one of my siblings for this Christmas.

Loved the article description on the main page, "Not a rubber chicken in sight".
"Why, that's got to be a monkey island reference!" I thought to myself, chuffed at how hardcore I was, then I clicked in and saw the extended description giving it away, meaning everyone knows. :( :P
Well, time to sneak out of the office and head for the bog to play some Monkey Island 2 on my iPhone. Friday afternoons are horrible.
falloutwarchief 58

Postby 4321emanresu » 30 Nov 2007, 17:26

and that sir is why you never get invited to parties...
4321emanresu 51

Postby andrew2002 » 30 Nov 2007, 19:40

so u would rather play the same fps over and over again. cant wait for this games whens it out
andrew2002 46

Steam: BattlePiggy

Postby ranaraptor » 30 Nov 2007, 23:32

4321emanresu wrote:

why play this purile sh*te when you can play something superior like Mass Effect?
ranaraptor 46

Postby User removed » 01 Dec 2007, 00:38

Erm 1) I no longer own an Xbox 360, so id say thats a big f'ing stumbling block there. 2) I dont want to play yet another in a long line of good but not great, wont be remembered in 10 years time, 3rd person games.

I do want to play something with a hint of originality on a console I actually own though.
User removed

Postby FearItself187 » 01 Dec 2007, 02:48

ranaraptor wrote:
4321emanresu wrote:

why play this purile sh*te when you can play something superior like Mass Effect?
So, you've played Zack & Wiki, have you? I have both this and Mass Effect, one doesn't cancel out the other and both are fantastic games.

And Zack & Wiki is far from puerile. But, then, if you'd actually played it and weren't talking out of your back-passage, you'd know that. :roll:
FearItself187 25

Postby Skinbackking » 01 Dec 2007, 11:28

ranaraptor wrote:
4321emanresu wrote:

Yes with it's s**tty frame rate and slowdown glitchy buggy crap.
Capcom are gaming gods
Skinbackking 44

Postby gbenlcfc » 01 Dec 2007, 12:37

ranaraptor wrote:
4321emanresu wrote:

Haha. I think that's the worst thing you could have said! What makes Zack and Wiki 'sh*te'? Please tell, because no other review i've read has said anything of the sort.

You're pathetic.
gbenlcfc 44

Postby ranaraptor » 03 Dec 2007, 12:31

oh god, you guys are so easily riled up! this is so amusing!!! you're like bunch of girls who've been scorned! get a life chaps.
ranaraptor 46

Postby colonel whiskers » 03 Dec 2007, 13:29

ranaraptor wrote:oh god, you guys are so easily riled up! this is so amusing!!! you're like bunch of girls who've been scorned! get a life chaps.

I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I!?

What I meant to say was... shut up. Stop posting. You're an idiot. They should get lives? You're the one talking tripe about something you've not experienced. YOU get a life.
colonel whiskers 37

Next