to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Silent Hill Origins

Your comments on our articles.

The chills are handheld-sized, but no less horrifying

ilent Hill has always been scary because of what it doesn't show you. It's the little things that get to you the most; weeping ghosts, implacable thuds, grinding machinery, that sort of thing. And while Origins is an admirable attempt by a Western developer to capture the magic of the Japanese-developed originals, it doesn't quite manage it. But that doesn't mean it's not worth your time.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Silent Hill Origins

Postby User removed » 24 Nov 2007, 13:41

this is from the new dev team handling silent hill yeah? as the original teams disbanded or working on something else? just wondering coz if this is from the new team, and its getting gd review scores, then things look up for SH5. Was a bit :? bout this and sh5 coz i heard it was a new western developement team handling it.
User removed

Re: Silent Hill Origins

Postby theideal » 24 Nov 2007, 15:20

bob2k5 wrote:this is from the new dev team handling silent hill yeah? as the original teams disbanded or working on something else? just wondering coz if this is from the new team, and its getting gd review scores, then things look up for SH5. Was a bit :? bout this and sh5 coz i heard it was a new western developement team handling it.

I think this is a different team to Silent Hill 5. This is from a UK dev and SH5 is from a US one.
I'm only about an hour into this but I'm enjoying it so far.
Konami are still struggling to top SH2 as far as I'm concerned.
Just in case this place goes down suddenly, bookmark...
http://cvgsc.boards.net/
theideal 72

Re: Silent Hill Origins

Postby NG_21 » 24 Nov 2007, 23:31

theideal wrote:
bob2k5 wrote:this is from the new dev team handling silent hill yeah? as the original teams disbanded or working on something else? just wondering coz if this is from the new team, and its getting gd review scores, then things look up for SH5. Was a bit :? bout this and sh5 coz i heard it was a new western developement team handling it.

I think this is a different team to Silent Hill 5. This is from a UK dev and SH5 is from a US one.
I'm only about an hour into this but I'm enjoying it so far.
Konami are still struggling to top SH2 as far as I'm concerned.

unfortunatly mate, they always will be

virtually nothing > silent hill 2
PSN: nathaniel_21
NG_21 54

Postby dead_head1 » 25 Nov 2007, 11:47

The original dev team for the silent hill games disbanded last year.
dead_head1 43

Postby sammyone » 27 Nov 2007, 02:31

For some reason they followed up the second game by trying to make the Silent Hill series more action focussed. Silent Hill 3 was just wandering aimlessly round endless mazes then dealing with clunky combat.
The strange thing is that when I think back number two should have been a terrible game...but its story, pacing and atmosphere made for an excellent experience. I certainly think they could improve on it though.
My bet is five will have the best combat, graphics, character movement, boss battles and controls of the series. Yet somehow will lack everything that made the SH games so compelling.
sammyone 34