Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Your comments on our articles.

Someone left the cake out in the rain...

Review from Issue 18 of NGamer magazine, on sale Wednesday, December 5.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby Fox » 23 Nov 2007, 16:12

hmmm. What an odd score. 7.9? why not just say 8 and be done with it. :?

Anyhoo i do like the resi series so may give this a go. But out of this and MoH2 Heroes (out on same day) I'll prob plump for the latter. 32 online with the best wii FPS controls to date calls to me more than this.
Before I speak, I have something important to say

PSWII60
Fox 1

Postby roger4000 » 23 Nov 2007, 16:21

i love all resi games. i love the look of this and cant wait.
Better a bad day on the snow than a good day in the office.
roger4000 54

Postby gbenlcfc » 23 Nov 2007, 16:43

Look forward to reading more reviews actually. I love Resi and so if it gets more 8/10s i'll get it.
gbenlcfc 44

Postby User removed » 23 Nov 2007, 16:52

Its basically receiving 7-8 out of 10 ratings. IGN have a review of it on their site.

So ill end up with the Zapper which has the free Zelda game included, UC, Medal of honour 2,Ghost Squad and House of the dead at some point next year.

Hopefully they wont slow down with these types of releases. Id love to see a version of Time Crisis and even a new version of Duck Hunt through Wiiware would be nice.
User removed

Postby Sinthetic » 23 Nov 2007, 18:20

i'm looking forward to trying this one out. it looks pretty cool and we need a game like this on the wii.
Sinthetic 52

Postby The_Truth » 23 Nov 2007, 18:35

Good review, I'm looking forward to it. However Code Veronica is NOT a side story
^Drifter
The_Truth 58

Xbox Live: Nathaniel 90
PSN ID: Nathaniel_90

Re: Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Postby Skinbackking » 23 Nov 2007, 19:03

Fox wrote:hmmm. What an odd score. 7.9? why not just say 8 and be done with it. :?

Anyhoo i do like the resi series so may give this a go. But out of this and MoH2 Heroes (out on same day) I'll prob plump for the latter. 32 online with the best wii FPS controls to date calls to me more than this.

I've heard that MoH2 has been delayed, also EA making better controls than Prime 3? will have to wait and see not that I have any interest in EA's turd games.
Skinbackking 44

Postby Oneohfour » 23 Nov 2007, 20:47

Quote 'Ghost Squad looks like an especially unattractive Dreamcast game'

Just had to quote that, what the fiddle does that have do with anything? Really? My feather duster looks a bit like a bad version of a cat’s tail, C&VG sit down and shut up your reviews are terrible, good day!
Oneohfour 32

Postby Dinalfos » 23 Nov 2007, 21:03

I love Resi and I will most likely hate this. I don't want on-rails, I want the full deal.
"I think I'm dying. But then again, this brain tumour may be clouding my judgement".
Dinalfos 51

Postby Klodrik » 23 Nov 2007, 22:15

Finally some decent shootes for my Wii! I'll get the Zapper cos it's cheap. Request MOH and maybe get that for Christmas.
Hopefully Wiiware will provide some fun stuff for the Zapper aswell.
It's ironic that the Wii has the perfect shooter controls but haven't really got any decent shooters atm.
Only shooters I have are Red Steel and Metroid Prime 3. Metroid is utterly brilliant but Red Steel suffers from an early birth. Here's hoping that Ubisoft release a second Steel as it certainly has potential.
Klodrik 49

Postby NG_21 » 23 Nov 2007, 23:00

Oneohfour wrote:Quote 'Ghost Squad looks like an especially unattractive Dreamcast game'

Just had to quote that, what the fiddle does that have do with anything? Really? My feather duster looks a bit like a bad version of a cat’s tail, C&VG sit down and shut up your reviews are terrible, good day!

FOR f**ks SAKE!

its not cvg doing the review. and it was a brilliant review.
PSN: nathaniel_21
NG_21 54

Postby j.bullingham » 24 Nov 2007, 01:04

well seeing as moh heroes 2 won't be released in europe now until early 2008, you could buy this game with its average score and trade it for heroes 2 next year! i think capcom made a mistake trying to make res an on rails gun game, because they should be fast paced not dead slow like this game sounds! i don't mind taking my time moving in res 4 as long as i can shoot quick, they should've have kept to the res 4 game play style like they originally intended, before deciding wii owners want games made easy! don't try saying what wii players want capcom, try actually asking a few players next time you make a wii title. just hurry up with res 5 now, the real true next res game!
wii code: 0116-4755-0008-9273.
BWii fc, 451-099-130-319.
psn i.d: jazzy_bee
EA account name: MPWwiimojo
j.bullingham 42

Postby User removed » 24 Nov 2007, 01:09

NG_21 wrote:
Oneohfour wrote:Quote 'Ghost Squad looks like an especially unattractive Dreamcast game'

Just had to quote that, what the fiddle does that have do with anything? Really? My feather duster looks a bit like a bad version of a cat�s tail, C&VG sit down and shut up your reviews are terrible, good day!

FOR f**ks SAKE!

its not cvg doing the review. and it was a brilliant review.

Yeah, really. I think they were making the point that the graphics were a bit s**t, which seems somewhat relevant.
User removed

Postby Fox » 24 Nov 2007, 10:06

j.bullingham wrote:well seeing as moh heroes 2 won't be released in europe now until early 2008, you could buy this game with its average score and trade it for heroes 2 next year! i think capcom made a mistake trying to make res an on rails gun game, because they should be fast paced not dead slow like this game sounds! i don't mind taking my time moving in res 4 as long as i can shoot quick, they should've have kept to the res 4 game play style like they originally intended, before deciding wii owners want games made easy! don't try saying what wii players want capcom, try actually asking a few players next time you make a wii title. just hurry up with res 5 now, the real true next res game!

MoH:Heroes2 Delayed? Noooooooooo.

How many games is that now been delayed for the wii. As if they're scared or something...
Before I speak, I have something important to say

PSWII60
Fox 1

Re: Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Postby cirej2000 » 24 Nov 2007, 20:26

Skinbackking wrote:
Fox wrote:hmmm. What an odd score. 7.9? why not just say 8 and be done with it. :?

I've heard that MoH2 has been delayed, also EA making better controls than Prime 3? will have to wait and see not that I have any interest in EA's turd games.

Not to gloat fellas, but MOH2 is great! The graphics are not super, but they are serviceable. The Arcade mode is great fun. The Campaign is ok. But the Multiplayer delivers!! I've been in 32 player Capture the flag matches and they are great!! As for the controls? YES! For shooting the controls are smoother than MP3's. Turning fast and moving while shooting is not something you have to consciously think about.

And Ghost Squad's looks haven't stopped people here from loving the heck out of it. I hear that it's a better light gun simulation shooter than RE:UC, whereas UC is a better all around game (story, graphics, atmosphere).

2008 isn't too far off guys! Get MOH2!!
cirej2000 21

Next