Unreal Tournament III

Your comments on our articles.

Wisely not counting UT2003

So, normally with this type of review - the type ending in a big score - the criticisms are left to the end. Let's not do that this time - it means finishing on a sour note, and then trying to rope it back with a hasty "But it's awesome!". UT3 is insane, and brilliant, so we're going to get what's wrong with it out of the way early.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Unreal Tournament III

Postby Spiny » 20 Nov 2007, 17:20

tip: you can probably get your own ping by doing
stat net

at the console. It should show packet loss etc as well.
Spiny 19

Postby myoldfruity » 20 Nov 2007, 19:13

Sounds fantastic, will be getting this on 360/PC (when i finally get round to upgrading)
Xbox Live (360) Gamertag: SafeN8dog

-----------------------------------

Like a train through a pigeon.
myoldfruity 53

Postby lmimmfn » 20 Nov 2007, 20:43

OMG, "sign of for Windows Live"???? are you insane reviewer? ive heard nothing but problems with that POS. Youve redeemed yourself on the Steam point though :)
I HATE fanboys, fanboy - "Fanboys are noted for a very emotional attachment to their chosen subject, often taking negative remarks about it as a personal attack."
lmimmfn 61

Postby vectra » 21 Nov 2007, 09:57

Single player mode sounds tacky but I like the fact that they worked on it. Had UT2004 but never taken it online more than twice and didn't like the experience.

I like how the improvements sound. Might pick this one up for the PC.
Forever Old School.
vectra 63

Postby mintydog » 21 Nov 2007, 11:56

lmimmfn wrote:OMG, "sign of for Windows Live"???? are you insane reviewer? ive heard nothing but problems with that POS. Youve redeemed yourself on the Steam point though :)

Windows Live is the BIGGEST PoS since the Dinosaur poo in Jurassic Park, its even much bigger than that. I hate it with a passion and I hate Microsofts guts for inflicting it upon the PC gaming world.

With that out of the way, Did anyone notice how s**t the 4th screenshot looked? Did they run that on medium or low settings or something? Or does the game just not have as good graphics as they boast it to have?

I have played the UT3 demo and it too doesnt look as good as it should. It was quite a fun demo though.
mintydog 28

Postby Aircool_212 » 21 Nov 2007, 15:46

Hmm, another one that was on my list but now might have to be dropped.

With my online shooter desires sated by ET:QW, single player by the 'not as good as expected bit still better than I thought' Crysis, I guess there's not much going for UT3 at this time :?
Aircool_212 50

Postby User removed » 21 Nov 2007, 17:05

Just got a mail that this has been dispatched. Woo! Looking forward to some craziness over the weekend :).
User removed

Postby mintydog » 22 Nov 2007, 00:12

barkotron wrote:Just got a mail that this has been dispatched. Woo! Looking forward to some craziness over the weekend :).

I think your companion cube would rather you played with IT than with UT3.

I'll wait for the PC Zone review before deciding whether or not to get this game, even though I take their reviews with more than a pinch of salt these days due to their overhyped attitude and bias opinions.

But I'm very happy with TF2 right now, probabaly wont need UT3 unless its even more amazing.
mintydog 28

Postby User removed » 22 Nov 2007, 02:36

I'll pick up UT3 for sure. I'm a big fan of the original (still think it's the best) and 03/04. I might even pick it up over Crysis right now. Crysis, UT3, HL2 Ep2, Cod4 etc are all drastically different shooters, and they all fulfil different shooter needs. UT3 is all about balls-to-the-wall-WTF-is-going-on-fragfests. If the beta was any indication, UT3 hits that mark.

So for the fourth edition, unaccountably named Unreal Tournament 3

It's called UT3 I believe because UT2003 and UT 2004 were pretty much the same thing in many ways. You can even buy UT 2004 and just forget about UT03 because of all the maps, gameplay modes etc. are included.
User removed

Postby User removed » 22 Nov 2007, 10:39

mintydog wrote:
barkotron wrote:Just got a mail that this has been dispatched. Woo! Looking forward to some craziness over the weekend :).

I think your companion cube would rather you played with IT than with UT3.

My companion cube's a moany bitch. I think it thinks I've been playing with another companion cube behind its back. I still love it though :).
User removed

Postby pishers » 23 Nov 2007, 13:26

played the demo briefly last night and it seems like just more of the same. it also ran better than i thought as i could run it at full detail at 1680x1050 (top lcd resolution).

not sure i will get this as i dont play online an awful lot but i have tf2 if i want to, and the single player sounds lame.
pishers 49

PSN ID: cha1rmanW0w
Steam: Pishpashposh

Postby minignaz » 23 Nov 2007, 13:59

Mine has just been despatched hopefully it'll be with me soon.
I'm not much of an online player though, never have been so I doubt I'll tak it online, but you never know.
The single player sounds like the same thing that was on the xbox version, still something pay even if it isn't the most gripping in the world.

As long as I can play matches against bots like the demo then I'm happy, oh and as long as the editor works, I'll be even happier.
bebo | eBay | twitter | 360: minignaz | steam: minignaz
minignaz 59

Postby Paul_Emil » 24 Nov 2007, 17:33

Mwahahaha. Got it on Friday. :D
And it immediately broke the trusty X800. :x
So, with a little luck, I'll get a X1950 tomorrow.
Paul_Emil 25

Postby moby_matt » 24 Nov 2007, 21:24

moby_matt 56

Postby User removed » 25 Nov 2007, 18:37

The enforcer does NOT suck! dual enforcers ftw!
User removed

Next