to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

WipEout Pulse

Your comments on our articles.

PSP's leading arcade racer will take some beating

By now it must be more difficult to bugger up a WipEout game than to get one right. PSP launch title WipEout Pure perfected the anti-gravity ship racing to such an extent that Pulse can only evolve the series with more tracks, ships, weapons and extras. If it's a revolution you want, then we're afraid you're looking in the wrong place.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

WipEout Pulse

Postby gothchild » 02 Nov 2007, 18:07

I'm very skeptical, seeing as when I played the "original" PSP WipEout game I thought the pace was more similar to a snail than a bullet.

Whilst very pretty I had this nagging feeling that the speed was kept down to keep the FPS up.
Everyone sucks, just don't tell them
gothchild 55

Postby Stewgeary999 » 04 Nov 2007, 20:56

From what I've seen on Youtube, this looks great.
Stewgeary999 37

Postby jonbwfc » 03 Dec 2007, 12:52

By now it must be more difficult to bugger up a WipEout game than to get one right.

You've never played WipEout Fusion have you?

Jon
jonbwfc 58

Re: WipEout Pulse

Postby Don Diablo » 03 Dec 2007, 20:21

gothchild wrote:I'm very skeptical, seeing as when I played the "original" PSP WipEout game I thought the pace was more similar to a snail than a bullet.

Whilst very pretty I had this nagging feeling that the speed was kept down to keep the FPS up.

You were probably playing in the lowest racing class - at full speed it's just insane! :shock:
The foulest 'F' word of all is... "Franchise"
Don Diablo 47