to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Gears of War

Your comments on our articles.

Jamie Sefton's barmy COG army take on the bruising Brumak beast

I reel back in my chair, chuckling, as a group LOL breaks the silence in Epic's dimly-lit testing room, twinkling with the LEDs of 14 state-of-the-art games machines.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Gears of War

Postby lmimmfn » 19 Oct 2007, 15:04

Cant wait, the next few weeks are gonna be damn expensive, GoW, UT3, Crysis, Orange box, CoD4, feck thats 200euro already, arrgghhhh, lol, gonna be great
I HATE fanboys, fanboy - "Fanboys are noted for a very emotional attachment to their chosen subject, often taking negative remarks about it as a personal attack."
lmimmfn 61

Postby Wilzy » 19 Oct 2007, 15:15

Not forgeting, The Witcher, Sup Com: Forged Alliance, Assasins Creed, Need for Speed Pro, Table Tennis wii, Metroid, Mario Galaxy and Resi Evil umbrella Chronicles! Too many games in such a short period of time, I haven't even started Bioshock yet and World in Conflict is awesome! My new thing is to now play one game at a time, string all these quality games out when the release schedule dries up.
Wilzy 53

Postby lmimmfn » 19 Oct 2007, 15:33

Wilzy wrote:Not forgeting, The Witcher, Sup Com: Forged Alliance, Assasins Creed, Need for Speed Pro, Table Tennis wii, Metroid, Mario Galaxy and Resi Evil umbrella Chronicles! Too many games in such a short period of time, I haven't even started Bioshock yet and World in Conflict is awesome! My new thing is to now play one game at a time, string all these quality games out when the release schedule dries up.

Arrghh, its nuts lol. I finished Bioshock night before last, well cool. Frontlines: Fuels of war is out soon in the new year too, cant wait for that

Ive renewed my interest in The Witcher too from talking to someone whos betatesting it, the combat sounds cool

Dunno about Assassins Creed, the combat looked flakey back in E3, maybe they've fixed it though
I HATE fanboys, fanboy - "Fanboys are noted for a very emotional attachment to their chosen subject, often taking negative remarks about it as a personal attack."
lmimmfn 61

Postby Wilzy » 19 Oct 2007, 15:39

Yeah I saw video clip on gametrailers where the fighting was wierd, only the guy you focussed on fought you and the other guys seems to stand around waiting to fight, it looked very wooden, and that articale around here where the player spent most of his time running from the guards didn't fill me with confidence, but, its looks cool, and as long as it get soem ok reviews, I'll pick it up in the new year 2nd hand :lol: I Think my next game to play after WIC is Half Life EP2, portal was a good game, then mario galaxy!!! can't wait for crysis!! that game should be the dogz dangleez!! Really one of the best xmas line-ups for games I can remeber ina long time! keep some for the classic dry period in the new year :)
Wilzy 53

Postby Vegito70 » 19 Oct 2007, 19:51

I wish I could get this but my PC wont run it :(
Vegito70 62

Postby pablouk » 25 Oct 2007, 13:55

Quote" Epic have also succeeded in making the transition from controller pad to mouse/keyboard really smooth too" Unquote

That will be the day a console game is ported over to the PC.

I have not found one ported game in the last two years that works well on PC.
COD 2 MOH A Resident Evil, shall we go on.
pablouk 28

Postby User removed » 23 Nov 2007, 12:45

gears of war... i thought that will be a good game, well to be true i like to play that kind of games but this one really sucks, i dont know whay all people and websites and giving it 90/100 and more!!!!! talking about the graphics, it has amazing graphics with no physics!!! so graphics are zero, imagine ur self shooting the water and had the same effect as shooting on the wall or on the glass, or u will see a bottle on the floor which can't move or break or nothing all in the same envirment all the level.... about gameplay, u will need a super weapon to kill those monsters, maybe a nuclear cannon or something, u will carry the super big weapon that fires ordinary rounds and u will need like 200 bullets in the head so u can kill the monster, secondly its ok its a tactical combat game but i dont think that its was necessary that you should be under cover all the game, u can't walk one minute without getting killed, and after ur in cover even a nuclear explosion will not kill you. im imagening a multiplayer game where you must wait for heads to come up behind walls so it will give u the green light to shoot,.... weapon sound is so stupid after u look at those huge guns, and yeah dont forget the magical thing that happens when ur friends are injured and they will revive after u kill the monsters "im bleeding i'm bleeding "and then nothing they are full health....
User removed