to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Auto Assault

Your comments on our articles.

NetDevil's Mad Max-style take on the MMO genre might have guns and cars, but we're just not convinced

... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Auto Assault

Postby Aircool_212 » 15 Jun 2006, 21:27

Played the beta and sadly watched the game develop the wrong way. Should have gone for a Planetside feel and FPS style combat vice the hidden dice roll stuff. It was painful watching your turret auto tracking a target and flinging tons of lead onto the target but having the hidden dice roll make you 'miss' or cause no damage. Funniest moments were driving full pelt at pedestrians then bouncing off them (and taking damage) because they're higher level than you.

A wasted opportunity. The combat system will prevent the game from aquiring any depth.

Aircool
Aircool_212 50

Postby liquid_metal » 15 Jun 2006, 22:17

I played a bit of the beta as well and was extremely disappointed with it. I was expecting some kind of Twisted Metal MMO but the system they use just doesn't work. You feel like your not doing anything besides pointing your vehicle in the right direction and holding down fire. After that it’s all up to the computer and luck.

An open vehicle based MMO with hundreds of upgrades, weapons and cars is a great premise and would make a huge change from the fantasy settings of WoW and the like. Auto Assault just isn't it, it will attract it's little following of fans but I can't see it lasting too long.
Soldiers, when I give the command to fire, fire straight at my heart. Wait for the order. It will be my last. I have fought a hundred battles for France, and not one against her... Soldiers Fire!
liquid_metal 62