Tony Hawk's Project 8

Your comments on our articles.

Hawk's biggest ever skating game unveiled! We catch up with the dev team for the scoop...

... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Tony Hawk's Project 8

Postby chris_gower » 13 Jun 2006, 22:29

first things first, those graphics looks god awful - i sincerely hope that they are from the Xbox and PS2 - even then the colours look all screwed up and generally it looks really blocky - slightly better detail on the face and everything else looks overly bright colour-wise.

Anyway, my favourite Tony Hawks was Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 on the DC, followed kind of closely by THPS4 on the Xbox..

That is all..
chris_gower 53

Postby ptechg » 13 Jun 2006, 23:33

Hell, maybe this is going to be a longer series than Tomb Raider. I wonder what they'll do if anything ever happens to Tony Hawks...
ptechg 34

Xbox Live: blackvv

Postby ez_dude » 14 Jun 2006, 01:44

The screens look like we've gone back to PS1. Terribly bland. I would say i hope they're PSP screens, but they look too poor even for that.

The best was def THPS2, had that on the PC, and to this day i dont think it's been beaten. As soon as they allowed you to free roam and let you get on a bike, hit baseballs and all that s**t, after TH3, the series was dead.

When i think of the love i had for TH1 and 2, i can't believe its the same developer when i look at every new game that's realeased.
ez_dude 44

Postby dead_head1 » 14 Jun 2006, 09:41

did u guys actually read it. its for the original XBOX, but yeah i think evens still those textures are really bland for XBOX.

ez_dude wrote: As soon as they allowed you to free roam and let you get on a bike, hit baseballs and all that s**t, after TH3, the series was dead.

if u did read it, ud see that it says they have stripped the game down, taken it back to purely skateing. No BMX's cars etc, so it should be great.

but the freeroam was the best thing they did do to the series IMO.
dead_head1 43

Postby theideal » 14 Jun 2006, 11:26

Just sounds like Amped on wheels.
theideal 73

Postby leprecon » 14 Jun 2006, 14:45

I thought THPS4 had online compatability, wasn't it one of the 1st ps2 games to get it. Maybe this is the 1st Xbox tony hawks game with online.
leprecon 46

Postby chris_gower » 16 Jun 2006, 11:56

If it said that was for original Xbox then I missed that bit, still looks rubbish - anyway, I guess I'm glad it's going back to it's roots, but I'm not sure I even care any more. I lost interest when they tried to make it like Grand Theft Auto with skateboards and all the gimmicks like the "never needs to load city", and i don't think i'll regain that interest.

Long live School 2in THPS2 (Americans got a kind of THPS2+ on the Xbox when it first came out. I think it had all the first and second game levels in it)
chris_gower 53

Postby Machew » 19 Jun 2006, 11:33

Oh no, i thought they would have given up by now. The goat they were milking is long dead, but still they drag it out in hope that for some obscure reason, everybody is going to fall in love with the idea of playing a game that, eighth time round, still has nothing new.
Machew 11