Peter Moore: The E3 Interview

Your comments on our articles.

The man at the helm of Xbox 360 talks to CVG about all the big E3 announcements - and Sony's PS3...

It's a real pleasure to interview Peter Moore. He's the head honcho of Xbox 360, and unlike most high-ranking executives he's refreshingly frank and honest about his products - and of course his opinions of other people's products. So E3 was the perfect time to sit down with Moore again and get his views on all Microsoft's big announcements, from GTAIV and Halo 3 to HD-DVD and Live Anywhere. And we couldn't resist from asking a few questions about how he sees Sony's PS3 announcements, especially that price point...... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Peter Moore: The E3 Interview

Postby Darth_Malik » 17 May 2006, 14:47

I hate this guy!

Many people seem to like him though. He only said that about killzone because he knew it wasn't there. Manipulative git.
Darth_Malik 30

Postby Crow555 » 17 May 2006, 14:55

He's right though. Sony's showing was poor and Killzone 2 being missing was one of the biggest disappointments. At least Halo 3 had a trailer.
Crow555 64

Xbox Live: Crow555
PSN ID: Crow_555

Postby murfman » 17 May 2006, 15:09

i think hes a ponce!
murfman 21

Postby ptechg » 17 May 2006, 15:37

"Then when you start thinking about the fact that the Xbox 360 will be the only place to play Halo 3, Grand Theft Auto IV and Gears of War. That's how you switch people on a market share basis from one generation to another. But more importantly, on the Xbox 360 there will be exclusive downloadable content from Rockstar. If you think online is going to be important in the next few years, exclusive downloadable content is going to be even more important. Having someone like Rockstar on board with us and buying into our vision of the importance of episodic content like new maps, level, vehicles and so on is very important, as is having Grand Theft Auto IV available for Xbox 360 on the same day as the PS3."

So it's no longer about exclusives, but also about exclusive downloadable content? Well that's what Nintendo is saying about the Revolution too and the available back catalogue of games... :)
ptechg 34

Xbox Live: blackvv

Postby JoeyJoJoJnr » 18 May 2006, 11:36

Well to be fair, what are you gonna choose if you have both consoles? The version that has downloadable content, or the version that doesn't? Simple choice for me.
JoeyJoJoJnr 71

Postby khorne08 » 18 May 2006, 11:57

Sony's showing was terribly poor. I think his shot at Killzone 2 was more than justified, what with Sony having no problems taking shots at Microsoft.

When it comes to a choice between alpha stage actual in-game footage or pre-rendered onyx workstation footage which will never be matched by in game content, I'd prefer the alpha stage stuff.
khorne08 20

Postby myoldfruity » 18 May 2006, 12:16

hehe, funny to see the first post on here "i hate this guy"

when i was coming on to just say - i frikkin love this dude, all corp execs chat enuff waffle about blah blah blah, but some of the stuff he's said here - its too the point, and its not a crock of Sh*t

having said that - i just remembered about the "lucid dream" speech, damn - reckon he was trying to out-do Sonys terrible emotion engine speech?

heh, top bananna anyways i reckon

Wii360 For the Win!!!
myoldfruity 53

Postby DarthMorbus » 18 May 2006, 18:06

A Halo 3 trailer that Bungie claim was made using an early build of the game engine vs something that we've only seen a CGI trailer of?

Add on to this the comparison of the franchise history (Halo an above average FPS and Killzone a below average FPS) and I feel that Halo 3 is the better game to watch.
She opened the pit, Nicolan, and now He counts all the nights of your life on the fingers of dead whores.
DarthMorbus 79

Postby Darth_Malik » 18 May 2006, 19:13

To be fair there's only been one Killzone game (which wasn't very good) and 2 Halo games (which were very similar). Hopefully Killzone 2 will end up better than it's predecesser. As for Halo 3 the story line seems interesting compared to the last 2 but the gameplay will most likely be same old same old.
Darth_Malik 30

Postby SPMcCall » 18 May 2006, 19:23

DarthMorbus wrote:A Halo 3 trailer that Bungie claim was made using an early build of the game engine vs something that we've only seen a CGI trailer of?

Add on to this the comparison of the franchise history (Halo an above average FPS and Killzone a below average FPS) and I feel that Halo 3 is the better game to watch.

I assume he was joking, but I'm not sure. I'd certainly bank on Halo 3 over Killzone 2 anyday. I really like Peter Moore, he's won me over actually, wasn't too keen on him at the start. He talks truer than Phil Harrison, Kaz or Kutaragi.
SPMcCall 51

Postby DarthMorbus » 18 May 2006, 21:29

Well the number of Sony fanboys appearing on this forum recently means you can't be too sure if they're being serious or not.
She opened the pit, Nicolan, and now He counts all the nights of your life on the fingers of dead whores.
DarthMorbus 79

Postby rabbit0147 » 20 May 2006, 16:01

i hate him to :D :D lol and if killzone do good with the next one coming out itll just be like halo backwards not so good first time but good second where as halo good first time not so good second lol also he look like a right ponce lol :D cyaz
rabbit0147 59

Postby justd » 21 May 2006, 08:31

---
--
-
Peters got a good head on his sholders... his interviews are never dull

Microsoft are in a great position this time round... the level of service they are providing with xbox live is fantastic... just watch the competitors try to catch up... and in sonys case blatantly copy (what a surprise)

And as for Halo v.s. Killzone

pfff do you really need to hear the argument? (just look at the reviews)

Just D it
justd 36

Postby ptechg » 22 May 2006, 12:22

justd wrote:---
--
-
Peters got a good head on his sholders... his interviews are never dull

Microsoft are in a great position this time round... the level of service they are providing with xbox live is fantastic... just watch the competitors try to catch up... and in sonys case blatantly copy (what a surprise)

And as for Halo v.s. Killzone

pfff do you really need to hear the argument? (just look at the reviews)

I'll second all of this. Why is Killzone still so highly rated? It was never a Halo beater - positioned as one yes - but never was.
Just D it
ptechg 34

Xbox Live: blackvv